Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

I can't eat that!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't eat that!!!!!!!!!

so im 25 277 pounds i started my new life losing weight and building muscle i love the feeling after i work out, the more weight i keep adding, the gains i see, and how i feel about my self. one thing i cant understand is the food people say you need to eat like the protein per pound and six meals a day that's to much food for me and the cost. know for me i eat morning and before and after the gym i cant eat lunch at work cause ill eat like a fat ass some place down the street but i am loosing weight (came for 301) but some times feeling like im loosing some gains too. protein with low carbs is what i try to say by and the day i eat a lot of carbs i do alot more cardio if some one can give me info or point me more in the right direction more the tell me what i need to do i would learn more that way and understand a better diet more to the T thanks for any and all help

Originally posted by vr6jet View Post
    so im 25 277 pounds i started my new life losing weight and building muscle i love the feeling after i work out, the more weight i keep adding, the gains i see, and how i feel about my self. one thing i cant understand is the food people say you need to eat like the protein per pound and six meals a day that's to much food for me and the cost. know for me i eat morning and before and after the gym i cant eat lunch at work cause ill eat like a fat ass some place down the street but i am loosing weight (came for 301) but some times feeling like im loosing some gains too. protein with low carbs is what i try to say by and the day i eat a lot of carbs i do alot more cardio if some one can give me info or point me more in the right direction more the tell me what i need to do i would learn more that way and understand a better diet more to the T thanks for any and all help
    Good job on the weight loss so far.

You need to tell us exactly what you eat. We can better get you on track if we know what you are eating.

Comment

first thanks for replying it really changes every day but mostly a lot of eggs whites, chicken, protein shakes, vegges the list go's on all real good foods and the only sugar is in my coffee no pop and i never eat carbs late. cause i rather buy son a new toy then alot of not so good foods its mostly eggs and lean meat and white rice i can live off of rice i feel eating steak and fish all the time is a wastes of money. because i work at a warehouse that ships every book and mag and i mean every one i read alot on heath and fit mags and books right off the press and all said mostly that that a high protein low carb is the why to go but saying eating about 3000 calories day is ok i cant eat the much food for what im eating but eating six small meals is something i realy need to make work especially if i can make alot of meals on Sunday and freeze them from the work week scene i need to start eating on my 8 hour work day

Comment

Originally posted by vr6jet View Post
        first thanks for replying it really changes every day but mostly a lot of eggs whites, chicken, protein shakes, vegges the list go's on all real good foods and the only sugar is in my coffee no pop and i never eat carbs late. cause i rather buy son a new toy then alot of not so good foods its mostly eggs and lean meat and white rice i can live off of rice i feel eating steak and fish all the time is a wastes of money. because i work at a warehouse that ships every book and mag and i mean every one i read alot on heath and fit mags and books right off the press and all said mostly that that a high protein low carb is the why to go but saying eating about 3000 calories day is ok i cant eat the much food for what im eating but eating six small meals is something i realy need to make work especially if i can make alot of meals on Sunday and freeze them from the work week scene i need to start eating on my 8 hour work day

personally i like having a big cooler in my car that i fill up protein shakes, fruit yogurt, almonds, sandwiches plus other varieties of foods. This is what works for me because i too dont want to stop at the local fast food joint for lunch/snacks/etc Plus it is also a lot easier to eat the 6 meals if you already have the meals in front of you! gl to you on your continued weight loss
        I liqour so GOOD she don't go around beer

Comment

Congratulations on your progess so far. Hang in there. We've all experienced what you are going through as far as cost, food preparation, etc.
          Planning ahead and preparing ahead helps me a lot. My wife and I buy stuff on sale when we find it and fix a bunch... if we find chicken beasts on sale, we'll get plenty, then bake a dozen or so for easy access. I like to get the big cans of tuna at costco and make a big batch of tuna salad. We have a stockpot to make big batches of rice. You get the picture.

Comment

The long days at work combined with the limited availability of healthy, quick food options blows, I know. Something I started doing:

The night before, I'll take a blender and throw in about 150g of a whey protein blend (so you have both fast and slower digesting whey), a couple tbsp of metamucil for some fiber, 1/2 to 3/4 cup of fat free skim milk, 1 serving of Activia yogurt, empty out a couple capsules of fish oils for EFA's, and start blending it together. As its blending, I'll add brewed coffee to it until I get the desired consistency. Once thats done, I pour it into a shaker bottle (depending on how much you make, it may fill 2 shaker bottles). I'll put it in the freezer overnight. This way, you don't have to chill it at work. By the time I get hungry the first time, about half of it is thawed, and I drink it. Usually by the next time I get hungry, the rest is thawed and ready to go :P

Whey is pretty cheap and you can often find specials on it. If you have a Sam's Club Warehouse membership, I believe they carry the 5lb. bags of EAS whey blends for like $25. One of those bags will last you roughly 2 weeks making these shakes with 6 scoops each (roughly 150g of protein blend) so the protein here costs like $1.75 a day.....perhaps altogether $3-$4 a day for these two meals combined.
            Posts may contain false information, and are for entertainment only. Always seek professional medical advice.

Comment

Working...
            X