Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Low Intensity Cardio on Training days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Intensity Cardio on Training days!

Question is it ok to do low intensity cardio on training days? I know there is a 30 min window for the protein to do what it has to do, so with that being said should I sip on a protein shake after my weight training while im on the tredmill?

I would keep your cardio and weights sessions apart, even if you do them on the same day e.g. at different times of day, or on different days. Reason being, after a workout my main focus would be on allowing my damaged/exhausted muscles to begin to recover asap, and doing cardio would probably just increase cortisol even more, and cortisol as u kno is catabolic to muscle and reduces anabolism.

Comment

protein shake after cardio, not while on treadmill
      I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's nobody I'd rather be, than me.

Comment

Originally posted by maxamill29 View Post
        protein shake after cardio, not while on treadmill

kool thanks. now im trying to get lean mass i have quite some bodyfat on me. now is it wise to go this route will doing cardio at least 15 mins a day and weekends off from everything help me loose bodyfat and pack on some decent muscle mass? I started eating brown rice oatmeal egg whites chicken veges etc..

Comment

i would up the cardio to 25-30 mins minimum. even if you train 60-90 mins, 30 mins of cardio afterwards won't harm you. however, i think you're going to have to put the greater emphasis on one choice, either fat loss or mass gain. remember to eat per lb of LEAN bodyweight (not total bodyweight) and for cardio keep your heartrate at about 65-75% of (220 minus your age). also don't be afraid to lift in the heavier range (5-8 reps) as this will help you keep your muscle and possibly gain more. don't fall into the trap of super high reps and supersets for the whole workout every single workout. monitor your progress every 3 weeks or so and use that to determine if you need to add more cardio, reduce carbs or make any other changes...most likely you will not be able to keep everything exactly the same for months on end and still get the results you desire.
          I'm bad, and that's good. I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's nobody I'd rather be, than me.

Comment

Originally posted by maxamill29 View Post
            i would up the cardio to 25-30 mins minimum. even if you train 60-90 mins, 30 mins of cardio afterwards won't harm you. however, i think you're going to have to put the greater emphasis on one choice, either fat loss or mass gain. remember to eat per lb of LEAN bodyweight (not total bodyweight) and for cardio keep your heartrate at about 65-75% of (220 minus your age). also don't be afraid to lift in the heavier range (5-8 reps) as this will help you keep your muscle and possibly gain more. don't fall into the trap of super high reps and supersets for the whole workout every single workout. monitor your progress every 3 weeks or so and use that to determine if you need to add more cardio, reduce carbs or make any other changes...most likely you will not be able to keep everything exactly the same for months on end and still get the results you desire.
            thanks alot for the advice.

Comment

Working...
            X