Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

PCT - what does it mean????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCT - what does it mean????????

While looking through the various forums I keep seeing PCt after a cycle of eiterh prohormones or roids. What does PCT mean???????????

therapy

Comment

Post Cycle Therapy
      The goal of post cycle therapy (PCT) is to stimulate the HPTA (Hypothalamic Pituitary Testicular Axis) so that it begins to produce testosterone normally. PCT is done after a cycle of pro-hormones, steroids or legal anabolics to normalize hormone levels. During PCT we want to get the body to produce testosterone naturally as well as decrease the amount of estrogen in our bodies.

There are 3 types of estrogen control typically used during post cycle therapy. They are SERM's (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators), AI's (Aromatase Inhibitors) and ATD (1, 4, 6-androstatriene-3, 17-dione). Each works by a different mechanism to decrease estrogen or estrogen production. In addition to the estrogen control products there are also supplements that help to increase testosterone production or provide other benefits during post cycle therapy.

SERM's work by blocking estrogen from acting on the bodies tissues. There are three main SERM's that are used during post cycle therapy. These are tamoxifen citrate (Nolvadex), clomiphene citrate (Clomid) and toremifene citrate. Click on each name in the table below for a more detailed description.

AI's lower estrogen by stopping the activity of the aromatase enzyme. Aromatase is responsible for the conversion of testosterone to estradiol and androstenedione to estrone. There are 6 AI's listed below. They are 6-OXO, anastrozole (Arimidex), letrozole (Femara), exemestane (Aromasin), chrysin and vitamin C. You can find out more about each by clicking on the name in the table below.

ATD is a recent introduction to estrogen control. It is thought to stop estrogen production in a manner similar to steroidal AI's such as exemestane. Brand name ATD's are Rebound XT, Novedex XT, Ultra H.O.T and Ultra H.O.T.ter.

In addition to estrogen control it is often good to include testosterone boosters in your post cycle therapy. Many users commonly include the herbs tribulus, fenugreek and maca as part of their PCT protocol. Another good addition is Activate by Designer Supplements which is used to free up bound testosterone.
      I am not a physician, nor am I a physician's assistant. Any advice that I give is just that, advice. It is my own personal opinion. So if you listen to me over your physician, you're more f***ed than I thought...
      LRN483 DISCOUNT CODE
      WWW.TRUEPROTEIN.COM
      LRN483 5% off at www.trueprotein.com

Comment

Originally posted by llllern View Post
        Post Cycle Therapy
        The goal of post cycle therapy (PCT) is to stimulate the HPTA (Hypothalamic Pituitary Testicular Axis) so that it begins to produce testosterone normally. PCT is done after a cycle of pro-hormones, steroids or legal anabolics to normalize hormone levels. During PCT we want to get the body to produce testosterone naturally as well as decrease the amount of estrogen in our bodies.

There are 3 types of estrogen control typically used during post cycle therapy. They are SERM's (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators), AI's (Aromatase Inhibitors) and ATD (1, 4, 6-androstatriene-3, 17-dione). Each works by a different mechanism to decrease estrogen or estrogen production. In addition to the estrogen control products there are also supplements that help to increase testosterone production or provide other benefits during post cycle therapy.

SERM's work by blocking estrogen from acting on the bodies tissues. There are three main SERM's that are used during post cycle therapy. These are tamoxifen citrate (Nolvadex), clomiphene citrate (Clomid) and toremifene citrate. Click on each name in the table below for a more detailed description.

AI's lower estrogen by stopping the activity of the aromatase enzyme. Aromatase is responsible for the conversion of testosterone to estradiol and androstenedione to estrone. There are 6 AI's listed below. They are 6-OXO, anastrozole (Arimidex), letrozole (Femara), exemestane (Aromasin), chrysin and vitamin C. You can find out more about each by clicking on the name in the table below.

ATD is a recent introduction to estrogen control. It is thought to stop estrogen production in a manner similar to steroidal AI's such as exemestane. Brand name ATD's are Rebound XT, Novedex XT, Ultra H.O.T and Ultra H.O.T.ter.

In addition to estrogen control it is often good to include testosterone boosters in your post cycle therapy. Many users commonly include the herbs tribulus, fenugreek and maca as part of their PCT protocol. Another good addition is Activate by Designer Supplements which is used to free up bound testosterone.
        I am not a physician, nor am I a physician's assistant. Any advice that I give is just that, advice. It is my own personal opinion. So if you listen to me over your physician, you're more f***ed than I thought...
        LRN483 DISCOUNT CODE
        WWW.TRUEPROTEIN.COM

Thanks guys, new to the forums as due to a spinal fusion I have been away from lifting for quite awhile and looking for any help that I can get.

Comment

Ask Derek, he's still tryin to work it out.

Comment

Originally posted by AVBG View Post
            Ask Derek, he's still tryin to work it out.
            What about Vince?

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-from-SM View Post
              What about Vince?

Matt
              Please dont ask him anything...Ever..
              Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

Dave remarked that Novedex XT is excellent as a TBooser (#3736).

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...=2915&page=187

More info at:

http://gasparinutrition.com/products...x-xt/index.php

<H2>Novedex XT™ FACTS & FAQs

What is Novedex XT™?

Novedex XT is a proprietary blend of naturally occurring, anti-aromatic compounds. These compounds have been demonstrated to have an upward modulating effect on testosterone levels and a downward or static modulating effect on estrogen. Two of the ingredients found in Novedex XT are patent pending. They are exclusively licensed to Gaspari Nutrition, Incorporated for use only in Novedex XT.
                </H2>
                My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Working...
                X