Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Midnight Shake/Meal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight Shake/Meal??

Do you get up in the night to consume a protein shake? Or do you have a straight 7-8 hours sleep in the night without consuming anything?

I dont wake up,,, i just eat protein that will take my body longer to break down (peanut butter sandwich) first thing i hav is a protein shake when i wake up
    Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Comment

I actually drink a fair amount of water so that I have to get up to use the bathroom at some point. While I am up, I grab a protein bar.

Comment

when I was younger and needed to gain weight I was given a homade shake by the doctor....24 oz milk 8 tblsp of Peanut butter and 3 tblsp. of honey with 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream

Comment

I use that MHP Probolic 12 hour protein so that I don't have to do anything but sleep. And since I'm also on their nightime Cyclin supp, I don't get up in the night anyways.

So far it's been working excellent and I've been doing good except for tonite. I don't drink but I do fancy myself a collector of good wine, liquor and liqueur. After watching some Frasier I had a hankerin for some wine and I opened a bottle of Dow's 20 year old Fine Ruby Porto. Wish I had a damn cigar......
          "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Comment

If I wake up I have one which is either some cold ass chicken from the fridge or a shake. Beyond the obvious anticatabolic advantage of this it will bump up your metabolism a bit.
            Heretic

Comment

I couldn't drink shakes either before bed or during the night. They upset my stomach too much.

A half hour before bed, I generally have a half to a whole can of tuna, a very small boiled potato and some nuts such as pecans or walnuts. This gets me through the night without waking up hungry.

I also take two teaspoons (about 10 grams) of glutamine and one teaspoon of powdered BCAAs right before bed to combat catabolism during the night.

Comment

I have 2 scoops of Optimum Nutrition's casein protein with one scoop of ON egg protein before bed and it seems to last me the whole night as I'm noy hungry when I wake up to pee until about an hour before breakfast
                MorphogenNutrition.com
                Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                  I have 2 scoops of Optimum Nutrition's casein protein with one scoop of ON egg protein before bed and it seems to last me the whole night as I'm noy hungry when I wake up to pee until about an hour before breakfast
                  ON 100% casein is a good product. I have read casein can take up to seven hours to completely digest. One cup low fat cottage cheese is excellent too.

Comment

I don't like CC so much because of the lactose and the sheer bulk of food you'd have to eat to get 50+g protein

throwing in a scoop of egg protein in my casein shake increases the BV of the protein with sulfur-rich egg protein and also makes it less chalky, as most milk proteins have a chalky consistency
                    MorphogenNutrition.com
                    Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

I have a Labrada pro v 60 before I go to bed.

Comment

i do a few ounces of turkey to help put me to sleep in addition to a cup of lowfat cottage cheese

Comment

Originally posted by bigben0426 View Post
                          I have a Labrada pro v 60 before I go to bed.
                          This is my favorite protein these days. You can't beat the taste when you consider the blend!
                          Heretic

Comment

yeah i mean compared to fuckin nitro-tech nighttime... that was some of the worst shit ive ever had the punishment of tasting

Comment

Originally posted by killinweights View Post
                              yeah i mean compared to fuckin nitro-tech nighttime... that was some of the worst shit ive ever had the punishment of tasting
                              Never got a chance to get a hold of any. Guess I am glad I read this thread then

Comment

Working...
                              X