Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Lunch ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunch ideas

I swear, if I eat one more cold turkey sandwich I'm going to go on a shooting spree.

Therefore, I need some lunch ideas.

Requirements:

1.) Semi-healthy
    2.) Tasty
    3.) Easy to make
    4.) No heat required at lunch time
    5.) Able to not go bad for 5 hours in a cooler
    6.) Under $5 a meal

Lunch is really the only meal I'm having a problem with. I'm at work on job sites. No microwave. I'm so sick of eating turkey sandwiches, roast beef, tuna, peanut butter.......

So I've been pretty naughty this past 6 weeks and have been eating fast food every day.

I was thinking about that self heating soup. Seems cool. Hell, maybe some MREs! At least I'd have hot food.

Protein bar, piece of fruit, 8+ oz. water??

Not exactly what you had in mind, I know, but it fits all of your requirements. I would go for one of the 100g Met-** bars.

Comment

What about doing wraps, so its not just a boring sandwich - you can even use chicken breast cut up instead of deli meat and add all kinds of veggies and a lowfat dressing to spice it up? Or turkey burger on a wheat bun with a piece of fruit (not bad cold w/ketchup)? Or 1 cup of cottage cheese (the lowfat w/ chive is my fav) and some melba toast or whole whet crackers.
      Whether you think you can or think you can't. You're right.

Comment

Chicken breast,cottage chees,baked potato

Tuna,salad,rice

Lean ground beef,whole grain roll,salad

etc. etc. etc.
        Strictly Business

Comment

Good ideas! Thanks, time to hit the grocery store.

I'm trying to move away from bars. I have them as a snack most days.

Comment

2 cans of tuna on sale this week 60 cents a can

1/2 cup of almonds about 50 cents pre half cup cost about 5 bucks for a 10 serving container

4 rice cakes any flavor....about 2 bucks for a 8 pack

So here it goes $1.20 for tuna 50 cents for almonds and $1.00 for rice cakes TOTAL Cost per meal $2.70

and if you need flavor in the tuna add some mustard....Cost of mustard free take it from local Mcdonalds next time you drive by one but don't eat there unless you wanna toxify your body LOL

Comment

1/2 lb of cold cuts from the deli about $3.00

4 rice cakes about $1.00
              or
              1 cup of rice about 20cents
              Cook up a few servings and refrigerate

1/2 cup of any nuts if you don't like almonds

Here you are getting 50 grams of protein
              40 to 50 grams of carbs and about 25 grams of fats

Hope this helps

I can be more creative I work on the road and have the same issues but then again I could care less what my food taste like when dieting....I eat for function not taste

Comment

try this

1 cans tuna, 2 tbsp ff miracle whip, 1/2 tbsp relish, 1-2 mashed hard boiled eggs

put it in a bowl and mash it all together. then eat on whole grain bread with a couple lettuce slices....this is what i did when i worked construction.. can also be eaten on whole wheat crackers

bring fruit or raw veggies with ff ranch dip
                2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

Originally posted by adambombbis View Post
                  try this

1 cans tuna, 2 tbsp ff miracle whip, 1/2 tbsp relish, 1-2 mashed hard boiled eggs

put it in a bowl and mash it all together. then eat on whole grain bread with a couple lettuce slices....this is what i did when i worked construction.. can also be eaten on whole wheat crackers

bring fruit or raw veggies with ff ranch dip
                  I'm scared it might go bad between 7 am when I pack it and noon when I eat it.

Tuna sandwiches are also driving me crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by darkdan View Post
                    I'm scared it might go bad between 7 am when I pack it and noon when I eat it.

Tuna sandwiches are also driving me crazy.

Quit your bitchin bro!!! Not flaming but this aint for you if you are sick of all the choices you really have!!!

Tuna
                    chicken
                    eggs
                    steak
                    any cold cuts from deli
                    almonds
                    walnuts
                    cashews
                    whole weat wraps
                    flavored rice cakes
                    peanut butter
                    rice
                    yams
                    lettuce
                    cuccumbers
                    come on make a freaking meal already!!! Train your mind to eat because you have to not because you want to!!!!

Good Luck

Comment

Cold cuts are loaded with fats and nitrates......you could buy sliced roast beef from the deli though.
                      Strictly Business

Comment

Originally posted by Timski View Post
                        Cold cuts are loaded with fats and nitrates......you could buy sliced roast beef from the deli though.
                        This is true but he never said he was getting reay for a show and seems like he is strapped for time in preparing his foods....I would rather see him get them than a stop at mcdonalds.... See ya soon tim!!!

Comment

i work outside and leave lunch in my truck w/o cooler and i never had a problem with it going bad.

i cook 2lbs of ground white turkey and 1 bow of brown rice and it makes 8 servings at 1 cup rice and 1 cup meat. oh add 2 packs of taco seasoning to the meat like you're making tacos! i eat it 2 to 3 times a day. you can also add the meat to a salad for the protien.

Comment

what about sashimi... without the rice, tuna salmon octopuss, now and then it should be fine?

Comment

Originally posted by ccc_javier View Post
                              what about sashimi... without the rice, tuna salmon octopuss, now and then it should be fine?
                              he is trying to keep cost down sashimi is expensive like 25.00 for lunch

Comment

Working...
                              X