Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Those Wonderful Tri's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Wonderful Tri's

considering i hae only been "back in the game" for a short time now..i usualy only do a coupld of basic tri movements..i was curious what ones yall do on a regular basis that you think give good results.

I like to do the close grip press with an ez curl bar and then follow that up with overhead extensions with a dumbbell. I do the extensions one arm at a time and I really feel that they hit the outer head of the triceps. The close grip press really works the inner head of the triceps. Everyone is different so what works for me may not work for you and vice versa.
    mike the ripper is a bitch

Comment

I also like close grip flat press for building mass. Since skull crushers kill my elbows, close grip has been my mass staple. I also do cable extensions with a ez-grip bar. it seems to be easier on my wrists and I can contract the triceps to a greater degree. I have also recently implemented reverse grip cable extensions with a straight bar. For me these hit a 2 heads of the muscle. Dips are another great triceps exercise that I think is to often over looked for not only it's mass building ability, but also shape. To work more triceps in a dip simply keep your body upright. For working chest with dips lean into the dip. I prefer the body weight (plus some if you can handle it) over machines for dips. For me I feel that I get a better contraction. One thing to remember is that the triceps is 2/3 bigger than the bicep. So it can handle a larger work load, and should to create a full arm.
      Assistant to the regional manager.
      Iron8 approved

Comment

There are 2 that have given me the best results.

1. Angle bar cable pressdowns. Good a good contraction on these and you're in the money.

2. 2 Arm Overhead Bumbbell Extensions. Get a good weight and a good stretch on these and you're good to go!

Matt

Comment

Skullcrushers

Overhead E-Z Bar extensions

Bent-Forward Cable Extensions

Pressdowns

Triceps Dips Between Benches

All good ones.
          Strictly Business

Comment

among some of what yall said i just cant get away from the rope pull downs!! i love that one...but i am trying to build more mass right now so i will try some of the others

Comment

Moves for mass:

- Weighted (upright posture) dips or weighted bench dips
              - close grip bench press
              - overhead extensions
              - if you're comfortable doing it, skullcrushers (I use an EZ bar as I have bad wrists)
              - Triceps pressdowns with curved bar

Basically what everyone else is saying.

My bias is that you should focus on DIPS to build mass on this bodypart, making this your main move for that muscle group. But listen to Timski and the others... they have dozens of years of experience on me.
              Psychobilly legend.

Comment

my favorite is actually dual-handed db skull crushers... youre not restricted to the shape of the barbell and can alter it many different ways to target different areas of the triceps

Comment

Originally posted by killinweights View Post
                  my favorite is actually dual-handed db skull crushers... youre not restricted to the shape of the barbell and can alter it many different ways to target different areas of the triceps
                  Love that one.

Triceps is the one area where I get pissed that I have to NOT do some exercises because it would be too much, lol.
                  Psychobilly legend.

Comment

Have a look here at Dave and Mr G explain and demonstrate single arm

tricep extensions.These vids are cool for novices and also for the more

experienced trainer that might have fallen into bad form over the years.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ead.php?t=8575
                    Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

Comment

CGBP
                      Dips
                      Skullcrushers

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick_Bateman View Post
                        CGBP
                        Dips
                        Skullcrushers
                        Exactly the routine I am doing (dips are weighted bench). Fantastic development.

Comment

Try out the reverse grip bench press on a smith machine.

Set yourself up so the bar comes below your nipple. These are great for strength in the 3 range, and great for mass in the 5-8 range.

Comment

alot of you ahve suggested skull crushers and dips..neither of which i can manage to do..the bars at my gym dont feel right when i try and do skull crushers and i cant do dips because they make something in my wrist and my right elbo pop and it becomes rather painful...i ahve used wraps for my elbos and wrists to trya nd mabey avoid that but it only happens with those two exercises..

Comment

Working...
                            X