Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Over Working o.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over Working o.0

ive never hear of "ver working" a muscle until i came to these forums...can some one elaborate please..i always thaugh u just worked it with ur set stuf and went on in life..as long as it was sore the next day u knew you hit it good...

Being sore, from what i have been told, means that you havent recovered right from your workout. And when you overwork your body starts shuting down and you start losing the gains that you maid before you went over trained. I had that problem at one point eventhough i have only been training for 2 1/2 years. But yea, just rest 2 days out of the week and make shure your post-workout nutrition and all that is good. Thats what i go by but im only 16, what do i know right!!

Comment

you dont have to be sore to show you have had a good workout, its not necessary. if you are just beginning DO NOT.....DO NOT train more than 4 days a week...in fact i think if you are natural 4 days is all you need to make gains
      2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

Because the muscle is still sore does not actually mean that it hasnt fully recovered, alot of people shy away from training something if theres even a hint of pain still there but they shouldnt.
        In the beginning yes, until you learn how to feel what your body needs (which takes years) you shouldnt train when still sore.

There was a full article in MD a few months back explaining how an advanced trainer can manipulate the situation and cause new growth through training when still sore, after the worst of it is over of course. I think it was based around the fact that some of the muscle fibres will still be taxed and so will breakdown/fatigue alot faster during the workout. These fatiguing so much faster than normal would cause other muscle fibres to be recruited, ones that dont normally get hit.....thus causing new growth.

Makes sense to me, i still train my calves when they;re sore, if i didnt sometimes id only train them once a week, if i nail them really well on monday they can still be sore friday, but ill train them anyway.

EDIT:- PS: One of the most overused phrases in bodybuilding is overtraining, i see it as under-resting, because if you rest enough, your body will recover....people use overtraining as an excuse not to drive themselves through the pain barrier and drive right into fatigue. Most drive to the pain barrier, look at it for a while and then go home.
        "Dream as if you'll live forever, Live as if you'll die today" - James Dean

Comment

I think you really have to be in tune with your body and listening to it. It will let you know what works. I really have a hard time getting sore anymore, but the day after a workout I can tell if it worked because the muscles I worked are very fatigued and week. I am learning how important the fuel we put in our body's really is! In the beginning I would just lift hard and eat anything and everything in site but now I am starting to understand that what we eat during the day and after a workout has a great deal to do with how we feel later. I did get really sore in the beginning but I am not sure if it was from improper diet and supplimentation or that my muscles just were not used to the stress!

Good luck

Lift and eat!
          Riff

Doing it one pound at a time!!!!

Comment

Andy brings up a good point about using "over training" as an excuse. Others have brought up the point that you have to be in tune with your body. If you're not sure what that means...basically, if you do something where you know you probably shouldn't, or you think the out-come will be really bad, don't do it. If pride is your governing factor, kick it out. I know that if I go to the gym, I have to lift HARD, and so if I injure myself and go, I do the same thing...not good! So when I'm injured, I just stay out of the gym completely.

What happens during over training is probably better explained in an analogy. Your muscle fibers break down, then they get rebuilt, and that causes growth. Over working your muscles is like getting a fracture in your leg and continuing to run on it. You don't let it heal, and you make it worse, which makes you slower and weaker. You need to give it proper time.
            Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?

Comment

as many people have elluded to... im just going to put it as simply as i can. you break muscles down in the gym, you dont grow in the gym... you grow from adequate rest and proper nutrition

Comment

Originally posted by killinweights View Post
                as many people have elluded to... im just going to put it as simply as i can. you break muscles down in the gym, you dont grow in the gym... you grow from adequate rest and proper nutrition

I've shouted this out many times in my gym life, if ive hit a workout hard with minimal rest i can be done in an hour....obviously people feel a compulsion to say something like " only an hour, thats it?! I do more than that!!"....to which i reply " You grow in bed, not in the gym......get more sleep!!"

Comment

and then of course roidin always helps

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Keiller View Post
                    I've shouted this out many times in my gym life, if ive hit a workout hard with minimal rest i can be done in an hour....obviously people feel a compulsion to say something like " only an hour, thats it?! I do more than that!!"....to which i reply " You grow in bed, not in the gym......get more sleep!!"
                    The mistake of many beginners. It is not the quantity of gym time, but the quality. Time wise, all should train very little and rest/eat ALOT.

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaMale View Post
                      The mistake of many beginners. It is not the quantity of gym time, but the quality. Time wise, all should train very little and rest/eat ALOT.
                      Exactly, people need to learn this as its to important to not know.

I see young lads telling me they've been in the gym for 3-4 hours in hopes ill congratulate them on training hard but, i just inform them that they grow outside the gym, not in it.

Anyone thats seen Phil heaths DVD will be im sure, as surprised as i was at how short his workouts are, he trains very hard, intense from start to finish. Totals about 20-25sets in a workout but runs through it pretty quickly. Rests for roughly one minute between sets, thats it.

Comment

i love the way phil trains... doesnt go too heavy for good form and keeps his rest between sets short... thats the most effective way for most people to get some serious mass

Comment

Working...
                        X