Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Diabetic help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diabetic help

I have been working out ever since I was in 7th grade for football and Track and was a track guy in college, but I was diagnosed a type one diabetic about 5 years ago. I am 31 years old, I have been hitting the gym pretty hard for about 1 year now and put on about 40 pounds of "Foggy" muscle the size is coming pretty easy but does anyone have any idea how being a diabetic may change the peremeters of what I should be doing? I try to look for suppliments with low sugar content and low carbs. I know insuline is a highly anabolic substance so I want to be careful. I use to lift for speed and explosiveness now I just want to look good naked and on the beach, any suggestions? Sorry if this seems like a lot of information, any help would be appreciated.

I am 6'3" and 248 lbs with (at last doctors measurement) 18% body fat

-I currently take creatine, 15grms a day, one dose in A.M. and another after my workout.
    -Protien - I have about 20 grams in the morning and I eat large portion of chicken for lunch and have about 25 grams at 10:00 and again at 3:00. After my workout another 30 grams.

I have tried to keep it real simple and perhaps that is what needs to change, I might need to make some changes, thanks for reading all of this if you did.

Riff
    Riff

Doing it one pound at a time!!!!

Originally posted by Riff View Post
    I have been working out ever since I was in 7th grade for football and Track and was a track guy in college, but I was diagnosed a type one diabetic about 5 years ago. I am 31 years old, I have been hitting the gym pretty hard for about 1 year now and put on about 40 pounds of "Foggy" muscle the size is coming pretty easy but does anyone have any idea how being a diabetic may change the peremeters of what I should be doing? I try to look for suppliments with low sugar content and low carbs. I know insuline is a highly anabolic substance so I want to be careful. I use to lift for speed and explosiveness now I just want to look good naked and on the beach, any suggestions? Sorry if this seems like a lot of information, any help would be appreciated.

I am 6'3" and 248 lbs with (at last doctors measurement) 18% body fat

-I currently take creatine, 15grms a day, one dose in A.M. and another after my workout.
    -Protien - I have about 20 grams in the morning and I eat large portion of chicken for lunch and have about 25 grams at 10:00 and again at 3:00. After my workout another 30 grams.

I have tried to keep it real simple and perhaps that is what needs to change, I might need to make some changes, thanks for reading all of this if you did.

Riff
    Hey Riff, I was diagnosed last year and basically had to condition myself to cut the carbs way back. How many carbs are you taking in each day ? Calories as well? I started out on insulin , but through diet and exercise have gone from shots , to 2000mg Metformin to 1000mg Metformin in the span of 8 months. Supplements I started using were creatine, Fish Oil (2 caps/day) cinnamon (2/day) multi vitamin, vitamin C tab and protien powder on top of Chicken, Fish etc.... .

I'm between 120-170 carbs a day now and am looking to go down to around 100 consistently. You may want to search some threads for Dave Palumbos diet as well , as there seems to be alot of people swearing by its results! Also, if possible, post your workouts as there are many knowledgeable people here that can help you formulate a workout plan to help tone you up!

Good Luck!!!
    “War is peace.
    Freedom is slavery.
    Ignorance is strength.”
    ― George Orwell

Comment

thanks

i need to get more spacific in all I do not only workouts but diet as well and perhaps that is where I am now, thqanks for the advice I'll be back
      Originally posted by Mad Dog View Post
      Hey Riff, I was diagnosed last year and basically had to condition myself to cut the carbs way back. How many carbs are you taking in each day ? Calories as well? I started out on insulin , but through diet and exercise have gone from shots , to 2000mg Metformin to 1000mg Metformin in the span of 8 months. Supplements I started using were creatine, Fish Oil (2 caps/day) cinnamon (2/day) multi vitamin, vitamin C tab and protien powder on top of Chicken, Fish etc.... .

I'm between 120-170 carbs a day now and am looking to go down to around 100 consistently. You may want to search some threads for Dave Palumbos diet as well , as there seems to be alot of people swearing by its results! Also, if possible, post your workouts as there are many knowledgeable people here that can help you formulate a workout plan to help tone you up!

Good Luck!!!
      Riff

Comment

I have really tried to keep my workouts really basic, here are three ideas of what I mean.
        Workout 1
        -Bench
        Riff

Comment

edit

I tried to edit this with some of my workout info but I did not do it in the 15 minute period. I hit the wrong damn button before I was done so yes I do do more than bench. I will try and post a couple workouts in the A.M. for some feedback, thanks
          I have really tried to keep my workouts really basic, here are three ideas of what I mean.
          Workout 1
          -Bench
          Riff

Comment

workout help

Chest and tri
            Bench Press
            135 warm up for 20
            225 x 12
            255 x 10
            275 x 8
            310 for 4 or 6

Incline
            165 x 10
            195 x 8
            225 x 8
            235 x 6

Peck deck
            80 x 10
            90 x 10
            110 x 10
            120 x 10

Cable cross overs (chest)
            40lbs per side x 10
            40 x 10
            40 x 10

Seated tricep extensions with EZ bar
            80lbs x 10
            90lbs x 10
            100lbs x 10
            100lbs x 10

Skull crushers
            50lbs x 10
            60lbs x 10
            70lbs x 10

tricep push downs
            90lbs x 10
            100lbs x 10
            120lbs x 10

4 sets of kick back with 40 lbs to exhustion

Back

chin ups
            4 sets of 8 to 10 reps

Lat pull downs (wide grip)
            225 x 10
            225 x 10
            235 x 8

Reverse close grip pull downs
            210 x 10
            220 x 10
            230 x 10

Rows on machine Platform keeps body at 45% ange with treadplate for your feet this machine makes it hard to cheat
            135 x 10 reps 4 sets

Dumbell lat pulls
            70 x 10
            80 x 10
            90 x 10

Overhead pullovers with EZ curl bar
            60 x 10
            70 x 10
            80 x 10

sometimes I finish with a straight arm pull down on the lat machine, i really like the move but it is easy to cheat. I have not really done much to deviate from these two workouts over that last year. I travel a lot so if I can only get two workouts in a week I try to do pulls then pushes. I have not done much with legs due to the fact that i started lifting again due to a calf tair. I started lifing again when I could not run anymore, since then I have added some real mass but need to shread it up a little with the shirtless season coming. I added about 49 pounds and some decent strength. Now I have a broken foot so legs are still out for at least 5 more weeks. Any help on these workouts or variations would be helpful.
            Thanks riff
            I tried to edit this with some of my workout info but I did not do it in the 15 minute period. I hit the wrong damn button before I was done so yes I do do more than bench. I will try and post a couple workouts in the A.M. for some feedback, thanks
            Riff

Comment

Help with the routine

Chest and tri
              Bench Press
              135 warm up for 20
              225 x 12
              255 x 10
              275 x 8
              310 for 4 or 6

Incline
              165 x 10
              195 x 8
              225 x 8
              235 x 6

Peck deck
              80 x 10
              90 x 10
              110 x 10
              120 x 10

Cable cross overs (chest)
              40lbs per side x 10
              40 x 10
              40 x 10

Seated tricep extensions with EZ bar
              80lbs x 10
              90lbs x 10
              100lbs x 10
              100lbs x 10

Skull crushers
              50lbs x 10
              60lbs x 10
              70lbs x 10

tricep push downs
              90lbs x 10
              100lbs x 10
              120lbs x 10

4 sets of kick back with 40 lbs to exhustion

Back

chin ups
              4 sets of 8 to 10 reps

Lat pull downs (wide grip)
              225 x 10
              225 x 10
              235 x 8

Reverse close grip pull downs
              210 x 10
              220 x 10
              230 x 10

Rows on machine Platform keeps body at 45% ange with treadplate for your feet this machine makes it hard to cheat
              135 x 10 reps 4 sets

Dumbell lat pulls
              70 x 10
              80 x 10
              90 x 10

Overhead pullovers with EZ curl bar
              60 x 10
              70 x 10
              80 x 10

sometimes I finish with a straight arm pull down on the lat machine, i really like the move but it is easy to cheat. I have not really done much to deviate from these two workouts over that last year. I travel a lot so if I can only get two workouts in a week I try to do pulls then pushes. I have not done much with legs due to the fact that i started lifting again due to a calf tair. I started lifing again when I could not run anymore, since then I have added some real mass but need to shread it up a little with the shirtless season coming. I added about 49 pounds and some decent strength. Now I have a broken foot so legs are still out for at least 5 more weeks. Any help on these workouts or variations would be helpful.
              Thanks riff
              Riff

Comment

Working...
              X