Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Left sided development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left sided development

I have been lifting for a few years now wasnt sure where to post this not really a master at it nor a newbie. Question is that my left pec is developing better then my right. its bigger and also more defined. I was wondering what the cause of this was and what i can do to even them out. same as with my legs more over the teardrop though. any help would be appreciated.

Bronko

the legs would be a little easier to even out i think. what i have heard is do one leg at a time...lets say youre doing leg press. start with your weaker or smaller leg and do your normal 10-12 reps or whatever. then move on to your dominant leg and do those 10-12 reps. then immediately go back to your weaker side and do as many reps as you can till failure. chest might be a little harder to do that way but it could be done. you wouldnt want to do this much cause you can shift the problem the other way but listen to your body and measure if you dont already. plus some people are just not symmetrical. there was a lot of talk about ronnies left lat at the olympia (his trainer claims he has a pinched nerve that wasnt sending the "grow" command to his lat) but if you look at cutler, his right bicep in every pic ive ever seen is waaaaaay smaller and less developed than the left.
    Question. What kind of bear is best?

Comment

Comment

I would say along with your barbell movements also include db's or Hammer strenght to allow each muscle head to work independently of each other. As far as legs go, do some single leg leg press, and single leg extension. That way you can do the right number of reps and or sets to help compensate for the development. Also remember to spend some time stretching. There are so many that forget this simple principle. If that thick muscle fascia gets tight good luck getting the muscle to expand and therefore grow. Personally I stretch after my workout because the muscles are warm and full of blood to help carry away toxins released by stretching. Helps with the soreness as well.
        Assistant to the regional manager.
        Iron8 approved

Comment

Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
          ... Also remember to spend some time stretching. There are so many that forget this simple principle. If that thick muscle fascia gets tight good luck getting the muscle to expand and therefore grow. Personally I stretch after my workout because the muscles are warm and full of blood to help carry away toxins released by stretching. Helps with the soreness as well.

werd

Comment

how is the strength in your lagging side to that of your strong side?

Comment

Thanks for the replys so far.......my strength is just about equal......i can understand if some of my right sided parts were bigger seeing how i am right handed but i dont understand for chest and legs......do i keep the weight the same when i do sets for each leg/pec??

Comment

i would maybe add 1 set per workout focused just on the weak side... you dont want to attack too hard because you may shift it the opposite way before you realize it IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Bronko View Post
                  Thanks for the replys so far.......my strength is just about equal......i can understand if some of my right sided parts were bigger seeing how i am right handed but i dont understand for chest and legs......do i keep the weight the same when i do sets for each leg/pec??
                  I would keep the weight the same, but you'll have to play with either going additional reps or 1 set on the smaller side. Be careful to keep really good form on singles. The last thing you cant to do is tweek yourself, and not be able to do anything cause you're hurt.
                  I have this issue with my calves. My right is better than my left. Interesting because I have broken (clean through) my right ankle. With that is pretty easy to compensate. Just slow lol
                  Perhaps on the chest try doing dips first to not only really work the pecs, but also stretch the crap out of the muscle and connective tissue. Then move on to your other mass movements. Remember to tilt forward to emphasize chest and not triceps or traps.
                  Also maybe look into getting a deep muscle massage by a somatic practitioner. They are far more trained that a CMT, and can really break up the scar tissue that forms from heavy lifting. It hurts like a bitch, but it works wonders.
                  Iron8 approved

Comment

I would say genetics.
                    No one is special, some were patient.

Comment

I have even seen guys do single arm dumbell presses, this takes some real balance and it is hard to go heavy it also helps build some of the core muscles, just a thought great question!

Riff
                      Riff

Doing it one pound at a time!!!!

Comment

yeah but you dont need to go super-heavy you just need to get some extra stimulation so its not as hard as you may think... just go very slowly on the negative and focus on a huge contraction

Comment

Good shit. So would u only do it for one set on only one exercise or for every set?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronko View Post
                            Good shit. So would u only do it for one set on only one exercise or for every set?
                            Depends on how much difference from side to side there is. You certainly don't to go overkill and hamper progress. You want there to be strenght left for the rest of your workout. So play with it and see what works best for you. Maybe start with just doing 1 set and see how that feels to you. If you need more then 2 sets, and so on.
                            Iron8 approved

Comment

i would wait until the very end of the workout and just do 1-2 extra sets of a pressing movement to really just beat the shit out of the fibers on that side

Comment

Working...
                              X