Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

cardio question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cardio question

About how many times per week should I do cardiovascular activity when trying to gain weight? I don't want to do too much because then it would interfere with gaining weight but then again, i dont want to do too little that I would gain fat. but then........ I'm a hard gainer (ectomorph, both parents weigh less than 130lbs,) so I can pretty much eat fat food all day on my couch and not gain any weight. I still want to do some cardio though just because I wouldn't feel healthy if all i did was eat and lift. Basically, I need help. also..... can anyone suggest me good activities that i can do besides ones that require high impact on foot such as runnning, socer, etc. because i currently have some problem on my heel bone. Thanks!

if you dont gain easily and youre trying to gain... no cardio... your heart works harder during intense training and keeps your metabolism elevated longer than moderately intense cardio

Comment

Originally posted by killinweights View Post
      if you dont gain easily and youre trying to gain... no cardio... your heart works harder during intense training and keeps your metabolism elevated longer than moderately intense cardio
      but working your heart with intense weightlifting and (for example) running a mile is not exactly the same... i could be wrong but is that healthy?

Comment

So how much food do you actually eat? What is your diet?
        Heretic

Comment

Originally posted by Deserusan View Post
          So how much food do you actually eat? What is your diet?
          This is basically how my meals consist of daily

MEAL 1
          -variety of fruit (kiwi, banana, apple, tomato, etc, I'm not sure if tomato is a fruit but who cares)
          -2 to 3 egg whites (im gonna add some yolk starting tomorrow)
          -wheat bagel toasted
          -orange juice or whole milk

MEAL 2
          -A block of tofu
          -Rice
          -Fishes
          -This soup with soy bean paste, mushroom, tofu, onion, etc
          -Yes, I'm Asian

MEAL 3
          -Hamburger (Kaiser bread, 90% beef meat unless almost all other burgers, onions, pickles, tomatos, lettuce, cheese, no ketchup, no mustard, no mayonaise)
          -Orange juice, Whole Milk, or sometimes just water

MEAL 4
          -Yogurt
          -Some fruit
          -Cereal with whoel milk
          -Almonds, or just some other nuts

MEAL 5
          -Whatever my mom makes (I'm pretty much forced to eat it but they are mostly high carb, medium protein, very little fat food.)

MEAL 6
          -1~2 egg whites (soon to be added with a single yolk, I think)
          -Protein shake(Not yet, but planning once I get some this weekend)
          -Baked potato(s)

I also drink water throughout the day. Please tell me if you think I should revise any of this. Any advise/suggessions/comments??? Thanks!

Comment

you need much more protein throughout the day and if youre a hardgainer i would try to get an extra 2 meals in there somewhere... for a hardgainer i suggest 1-1.5 grams of protein, 2.5-3 grams carbs and .5-.75 grams fat per pound of bodyweight spread over as many meals as possible... when im bulking i even wake up in the middle of the night a lot of the time and hit a shake or cup of cottage cheese

Comment

I like how you threw in "Yes I'm Asian" for meal two. In the latest MD, they were saying that soy protein carries phytoestrogens, which can give you bitch tits and also make you gain weight. I say you stay on it, as you're having trouble.

The burger, chuck the bun or get one that's whole grain only. That means you don't see "enriched and/or bleached flour" in any part of the ingredients. I've yet to find any, so just use a slice of bread that meets this requirement when you have a burger.

Your "whatever my mom makes" dinner needs to change. You can cook your own dinner. If your mom's a stickler for waste, just tell her not to make as much, as you'll be making your own dinner. Unless she's one of those overbearing mothers who want to baby their kids forever, she'll be glad that it'll be one less mouth to worry about.

As for your cardio, it's true that if you're a hard-gainer, you don't want to be bustin' out the 6 mile runs. My suggestion for you is yoga or pilates. Both of those will help strengthen muscles and tendons, without buring an assload of calories. At the same time, yes, both of those are cardiovascular exercises. There's also some thing going around with breathing, some kind of exercise where you just breathe deeply. Google it.
              Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?

Comment

Working...
              X