Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Help! getting pain in my forearms...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! getting pain in my forearms...

Hi there people,
    Right I'm 27 years old and have just recently being pushing weights for about two months now doing a four day split. Yesterday I worked my chest and today was my arms but as soon as I picked up the ez curl bar to work out my biceps I started getting a surging pain through my forearm needless to say I thought 'fuck it' and carried on from the ez bar to the cable where I did my triceps no probs then when I tried to my biceps same pain again and it got so intense I had to stop and it is still kinda hurting now and I'm starting to get a bit worried? I mean I can still function and stuff, I just wondering wether I'm pushing myself to hard or is there something I'm doing wrong?
    your help would be much appreciated.
    Thanks for reading.

I had a problem when using sustanon it messed with my receptors and caused swelling in the forearms are you on any gear?

Comment

gear? I take protein and was taking creatine but have just run out but this week I have been taking Norateen Heavyweight which my friend bought from LA Muscle. You don't think that is what's affecting the pain do you?

Comment

is it in both your arms and is it like a pulling tight pain (cramp) or it it like a sharp shooting pain?
        Question. What kind of bear is best?

Comment

First of all, let's get some facts straight.

Creatine or Protein powder has NOTHING to do with the pain. So be relaxed about it.

It can be something you did (with no intention), or a wrong lift. Forearms are places which recovers fast. So, leave them for 2-3 days. Don't do exercises which put pressure on your forearms, see if they come alright. If not, wait for 1 week. If not, go to a doctor.

Also, for a beginner, don't push yourself "so hard" , first build a good base, work hard of course, but not teh hardcore, so you injure yourself.

Be strict, no cheat, don't worry about the weights.
          Good luck.
          No one is special, some were patient.

Comment

In reply to mikeR34GTR to begin with it was a shooting pain and after I left the gym it's kinda of sitting there like a pulling pain, I mean it hurts but it's not unbearable it feel a little like the day after strech, if you know what I mean? I hope this makes sense?

Comment

thanks Naruto I think tommorow i'm going to take the day out of the gym and play squash or something.
              Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Diggydalts View Post
                In reply to mikeR34GTR to begin with it was a shooting pain and after I left the gym it's kinda of sitting there like a pulling pain, I mean it hurts but it's not unbearable it feel a little like the day after strech, if you know what I mean? I hope this makes sense?
                I agree with naruto, all good points. I notice that my forearms get really cramped when i do back and biceps exercises. i try to make sure that i stretch them out as best i can before doing any of those.
                Question. What kind of bear is best?

Comment

OR.... Quit hanging out in the Over 18 thread

Sorry, I just couldn't resist...... Hope your feeling better soon.
                  “War is peace.
                  Freedom is slavery.
                  Ignorance is strength.”
                  ― George Orwell

Comment

Do you do any flat bar curls or underhand grip rows?
                    Heretic

Comment

Being that gear is not involved I would say you are putting to much of a strain on them possibly poor form when lifting or you are lifting to much to soon try to work on form and then the weight....keep us posted look online for an ART therpay doctor they can work wonders I use Durlan Castro out of NY

Comment

Working...
                      X