Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breakfast

for breakfast i eat...
    variety of fruits
    some egg whites
    and wheat bagels.
    those are my first meal of the day.
    i need opinions and suggessions, advise. etctc
    im trying to gain weight.
    thanks

First of all, I don't even know what breakfast is...there's meal 1..meal 2..meal 3..etc. Depending how much you weigh and your current BF levels, I'd say try to eat 6-8 evenly proportioned meals (thats including your pre and post-workout meals). Meal 1 for me is this in the off-season:
    -6 omega-3 eggs
    -50g carbs from Grits
    -If I feel my bodyfat is getting a little too high, I'll use oatmeal. If I need extra calories then I'll add a slice of whole-wheat toast.

J
    Muscle Tech Athlete

Comment

Originally posted by runallday400j50 View Post
      for breakfast i eat...
      variety of fruits
      some egg whites
      and wheat bagels.
      those are my first meal of the day.
      i need opinions and suggessions, advise. etctc
      im trying to gain weight.
      thanks
      that sounds pretty good but if you are trying to gain or weight you should definitely get in some good fats at breakfast. You could put some natural peanut butter on the bagel or if you have omega-3 eggs, throw a couple of yolks in with your whites.

Comment

eat the whole egg most of the stuff you are trying to get is in the yolk
        BEEFCAKE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by philborg View Post
          that sounds pretty good but if you are trying to gain or weight you should definitely get in some good fats at breakfast. You could put some natural peanut butter on the bagel or if you have omega-3 eggs, throw a couple of yolks in with your whites.
          about the natural peanut butter........... how come it looks like theres so much oil (or whatevre that is)???

Comment

Originally posted by runallday400j50 View Post
            about the natural peanut butter........... how come it looks like theres so much oil (or whatevre that is)???
            Yea, it is oil. Since it's natural(no preservatives, sugars, etc added) the oil will separate from the rest of it. When you get it home just stir it up really well and blend the oil in. Don't pour the oil off, that's where all the good fat is!

Comment

I think what to remember when trying to gain weight is that there is only so much room in your stomach. So pick food with dense values.
              You're not dieting so don't be affraid to eat some whole eggs (omega 3 of course). Say you're eating oats. Cook then in water as you normally would, but instead of milk use non fat yogurt. Somehow you have to get in more bang for space of your stomach.
              I can't eat huge meals like some people can so I try and get the most nutrient dense food I can.
              Perhaps this can help you out with your whole diet. Remember breakfast is only 1 meal of the day.
              http://www.nutritiondata.com/
              Assistant to the regional manager.
              Iron8 approved

Comment

How much do you weigh, what is your bodytype, and what is your goal.
                Heretic

Comment

Originally posted by Deserusan View Post
                  How much do you weigh, what is your bodytype, and what is your goal.
                  I'm about 5'7, 130lbs, 17 years old. My body is ectomorphic, having both of my parents 5'6, mom(110lbs), dad (120lbs). Funny thing how my older brother is about 6ft tall. Anyways, My goal is to gain some muscle while maintaining the low body fat(even though body fat probably would never be much of an issue for me). I would like to gain about 10 lbs of muscle during the summer. I have about 9 weeks as of right now. 10 pounds of muscle seems a lot but I just wanna do as much as I can. Give me some advices please!! I'm only 17 years old but I'm very motivated and commited. I don't drink/smoke. And I'm not one of those teenagers who just goes to the gym only to get on the bench press machine everyday. Sometimes I choose to sit home when I could go partying all night just so I can get the meal in, but you get the idea.

Comment

At your weight I'd shoot for 2800-3100 calories a day. If you want to get big you are going to have to eat like its your job.
                    Heretic

Comment

A good way to get extra calories in is with sauces, PB, and cheeses. If you're not too worried about your bodyfat, then I wouldn't freak out about these. You could put some natural PB and fat-free cream cheese on your morning bagel. Choose alfredo over marinara, stuff like that.
                      Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?

Comment

Working...
                      X