Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Arm Training with 8 x Mr Olympia Lee Haney at the MD Legends Seminar

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OTIS View Post
    All of em!!
    Yeah, we looked into dropping all of the Haney vids on one day, but we learned we would surpass our daily qouta of awesomeness!

Comment

Originally posted by Butch Peterson View Post
      Yeah, we looked into dropping all of the Haney vids on one day, but we learned we would surpass our daily qouta of awesomeness!
      lol, my head would EXPLODE!!
      Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever

Comment

Originally posted by Mpressive View Post
        Does everyone agree with what he is mentioning in regards to form. "Throw your butt into it" when curling??? I found this odd, but what do I know?
        yeah I agree ..... it is odd to hear a pro bodybuilder telling a bunch of beginners that it is alright to cheat on certain exercises ...... I think many of the people at the seminar may mistake throwing their "butt" into the movement for throwing their "backs" into the movement. Hopefully these people know the difference and don't end up seriously injuring themselves.

As far as cheat curls effectiveness, ...... they have seemed to work for many top pro's.
        Arnold was famous for cheat curling over 275 pounds, and he had some of the most impressive gun's of his era. Arnold also was said to perform extremely strict and light dumbell curls, without even using more than 50 pounds!
        ..... so whose to say what really built his arm mass, was it the cheat curls, the strict curls, or a combination of both?
        -one great method that i picked up from Arnold's training was the use of broken wrist curls. check this article out for details http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/arnold_arm_secrets.htm

Anyways, that's just my two cents on the issue. To be completely honest, arm's have always been a weak point for me.... as of late, I have been experimenting with a more instinctive training style in which I train my guns 2-3 times a week, with high volume and high intensity.
        - if anybody out their has input or advice on the topic I would love to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by bjfarias87 View Post
          yeah I agree ..... it is odd to hear a pro bodybuilder telling a bunch of beginners that it is alright to cheat on certain exercises ...... I think many of the people at the seminar may mistake throwing their "butt" into the movement for throwing their "backs" into the movement. Hopefully these people know the difference and don't end up seriously injuring themselves.

As far as cheat curls effectiveness, ...... they have seemed to work for many top pro's.
          Arnold was famous for cheat curling over 275 pounds, and he had some of the most impressive gun's of his era. Arnold also was said to perform extremely strict and light dumbell curls, without even using more than 50 pounds!
          ..... so whose to say what really built his arm mass, was it the cheat curls, the strict curls, or a combination of both?
          -one great method that i picked up from Arnold's training was the use of broken wrist curls. check this article out for details http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/arnold_arm_secrets.htm

Anyways, that's just my two cents on the issue. To be completely honest, arm's have always been a weak point for me.... as of late, I have been experimenting with a more instinctive training style in which I train my guns 2-3 times a week, with high volume and high intensity.
          - if anybody out their has input or advice on the topic I would love to hear it.
          1. All top bodybuilders cheat to some extent and he's saying you gotta do heavy curls to make the arms grow. You can't do strict form on concentration curls and expect to improve beyond a certain point. You gotta increase the weights at some point and at some point, the only way you're gonna get it up is to throw your butt into it. Haven't you heard of the Weider Cheat Principle? But hey, if you want to keep doing perfect form, you can keep your arm size right where it is. Why does everyone think everything has to be perfect form?

2. Deca Durabolin and Dianabol, genetics, a mega calorie diet, rest, and heavy weights built his arms.

3. Injury weeds out the weak. The top pro's have awesome genetics and that's one reason they make it so far through extreme training. Stop being afraid of injury. If you want to be a bodybuilder, it's not a matter of whether you'll get injured, it's a matter of WHEN you'll get injured.

4. One more thing - stop trying to be shredded (if that's what you do) and/or get your ass under fork and knife. If you have ANY striations, you're not eating enough to grow. If you want to get big and you're young (your screen name has "87" in it), sorry pal, but you gotta bomb your system with food. 99% of people say they eat a lot, but I don't see them eating as they're telling me.... so they're not eating a lot. If you're not about to throw up every two hours while trying to hold food down, you just ain't doing it.
          BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Comment

Tuesday Video

I vote for BACK.

BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Comment

"if it aint broke,don't fix it"
              best advice.

Comment

haney is a legend!

Comment

Lee's the man! Good bodybuilders are good problem solvers! Drugs or no drugs!
                  Nutrition, training, hard work, consistency, trail and error

Comment

Great video, Haney is awesome.

Only thing I hate is the sound of weights clunking in the background so its hard to hear some answers. Maybe get a mic or something for future seminars?

Comment

Originally posted by coco.austin View Post
                      "if it aint broke,don't fix it"
                      best advice.
                      Hard!
                      "I can accept failure... But I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by majrminer View Post
                        1. All top bodybuilders cheat to some extent and he's saying you gotta do heavy curls to make the arms grow. You can't do strict form on concentration curls and expect to improve beyond a certain point. You gotta increase the weights at some point and at some point, the only way you're gonna get it up is to throw your butt into it. Haven't you heard of the Weider Cheat Principle? But hey, if you want to keep doing perfect form, you can keep your arm size right where it is. Why does everyone think everything has to be perfect form?

2. Deca Durabolin and Dianabol, genetics, a mega calorie diet, rest, and heavy weights built his arms.

3. Injury weeds out the weak. The top pro's have awesome genetics and that's one reason they make it so far through extreme training. Stop being afraid of injury. If you want to be a bodybuilder, it's not a matter of whether you'll get injured, it's a matter of WHEN you'll get injured.

4. One more thing - stop trying to be shredded (if that's what you do) and/or get your ass under fork and knife. If you have ANY striations, you're not eating enough to grow. If you want to get big and you're young (your screen name has "87" in it), sorry pal, but you gotta bomb your system with food. 99% of people say they eat a lot, but I don't see them eating as they're telling me.... so they're not eating a lot. If you're not about to throw up every two hours while trying to hold food down, you just ain't doing it.
                        When you speak on eating alot, what do you mean exactly? I hear ppl say, 5-6 SMALL meals a day, then I hear Jay Cutler say - "eat big, to get big". So what an example of a GOOD sized meal?
                        "I can accept failure... But I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan

Comment

Great clip. Cutting out all the bs and back to basics on how to get those arms to grow.

Comment

Originally posted by majrminer View Post

I'm praying you're being sarcastic about a lot of that, but if you're not...you're an idiot. Nothing above makes you a serious lifter or hardcore lifter...
                            Favorite Superset: Cheeseburger and Milkshake. -Lee Priest

Comment

From the MD Legends of Bodybuilding Seminar at Bev Francis' Powerhouse Gym in Syosset, New York:

In this video we hang out with 8 x Mr Olympia, Lee Haney and get some chest training tips such as; "If it comes steeper than 45, you're setting yourself up for injury."

Look for back training on Wednesday...

Comment

Thanks Butch.

Comment

Working...
                                X