Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Ronnie Coleman and Kevin English Back Training Tips from the MD Legends Seminar

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been doing one body part once per week. I work hard, but it still doesn't seem to be enough. Might change it up to work on each body part atleast once every 4-5 days instead. Any advice on how I should split my workouts?
    "I can accept failure... But I can't accept not trying." - Michael Jordan

Comment

yeah you have to take into account many things like gear or no gear, individual recovery ability, good versus bad nutrition, genetics etc.
      also ronnie takes off long periods of time to recover each year.
      i think if a natural athlete with a decent nutrition program were to do this, they would be overtrained. i've tried the twice a week and it did not take long before i regretted it with feeling sluggish, joint were aching, and loss of strength.

Comment

Kevin English is a class act as well as Ronnie!

Comment

I really enjoyed listening to these two guys. Good video.

Comment

in every DVD RONNIE trains 1 day chest tris,2 day back bis,3 day leggs,4 day shoulders= HE IS NOT TRAINING TWICE A WEEK EACH BODY PART!!!damn people tend to believe everything that he say

Comment

I've been doing this split for a couple month and I love it.
              1) Legs and back
              2) Chest and shoulers
              3) Arms and calves
              I repeat or take rest day as needed

Comment

I agree there but if it were me I think Day 2 and Day 3 should switch spots. Just me though

Comment

Legs and back on the same day? How about fuck no?
                  A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Comment

Originally posted by MEAT ROCKET View Post
                    Ahah! Don't see it this way. 3 exercices per muscle groupe for 3-5 sets each. It's all you need really, cause in 3 day you will do it again

Last time I did it went something like this:

- Chest supported T-Bar 4 x 8-10
                    - Lat pulldown to the front 4 x 8-10
                    - Rear Delt raise 3 x 10-12
                    - Lying Leg curl 5 x 5
                    - Leg extension 1 x 10, 1 x 15, 1 x 20
                    - Full Squat 1 x 8, 1 x 12, 1x 15

Comment

kevin and ronnie kinda hav the same body lol

Comment

Originally posted by MEAT ROCKET View Post
                        This x 10000000000

Comment

Originally posted by teenbodybuilder3 View Post
                          This x 10000000000

^ this times 2, if your not close to yacking on both of these days, put another plate on...

Comment

It's not the split, it's how you do it !

Remember you do half volume for both group and then repeat after 3 day. It's not full volume for both group, in which case I agree it would be overkill.

Comment

Originally posted by themakcompany View Post
                              I started my bodybuilding career training body parts twice a week. I'm back at it. I think Ronnie is right. You need to work a body part more than once every seven days. Actually Haney says the same. This once a week is ridiculous. I guess if you are juicing that works. But to build mass without drugs you really need to work the muscle more often.

Chest/Back
                              Quads/Hams/Calves
                              Shoulders/Triceps/Biceps
                              off
                              Repeat

That's the winning routine. Give it a try.
                              That's pretty much the same split that I use, the only difference is that I hit each muscle once every 5-6 days, so I can have more days off in between each session.

There is no best way to train though, neither a correct training frequency..only what works for you. The only thing I can say is that the more volume you use per workout, the less frequent you should train a bodypart or the more frequency needs less volume per session.
                              Also some people are not able to properly stress/tear down a muscle during a training session, recover faster and thus need more frequency, while others actually can do it and need more days off. Its all individual....you can't say something like "this is the only correct way to train".

I really don't think juice has anything to do with it, since bodybuilders were already juicing back in Arnold's days and before when hitting muscle 2-3 times a week was mandatory. FYI Ronnie and Haney also juiced.

Comment

Working...
                              X