Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Kevin Levrone Style Part Two: Focus the mind, steady rhythm, behind the neck press and more!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
    Development, no difference. However, its easier to jam more weight on the Smith and portray "false" strength feats.
    Exactly. And why did Kevin portray there was 135lbs on the smith machine? There would be 135lbs if it were an olympic barbell.

How much weight exactly does the smith machine reduce? I'm sure it's probably different for each smith machine and how it's built but maybe a general rule?

For example, 135lbs on an olympic bar feels alot more heavy than 135lbs on a smith machine.

Comment

Originally posted by JP83 View Post
      Exactly. And why did Kevin portray there was 135lbs on the smith machine? There would be 135lbs if it were an olympic barbell.

How much weight exactly does the smith machine reduce? I'm sure it's probably different for each smith machine and how it's built but maybe a general rule?

For example, 135lbs on an olympic bar feels alot more heavy than 135lbs on a smith machine.
      THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT. IF YOUR PRACTICING PROGRESSION LIKE YOU SHOULD BE JUST COUNT IT AS AN OLYMPIC BAR TO MAKE THE COUNTING EASY. VAS LONG AS YOUR GETTING STRONGER THE ACTUAL NUMBER MEANS NOTHING
      2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Arnold View Post
        There is no difference when it comes to development...it is almost an indentical movement. You use real weight, pushing soley against gravity, while using a straight bar just like free weights, and the bar travels through essentially the same range of motion. When it comes to pec development...the smith is just as good as free weights. The belief which states that the pecs won't recieve equal development due to the balance factor being removed is a myth. This stands true for not only flat bench, but incline bench, and overhead presses.
        Because technique and bar path is way different

Comment

in studies...the smith flat bench has been shown to be superior in muscle activation in the pec muscles.....though the free flat bench is superior at activating the front delts
          "NOTHING IS TRIVIAL"

Comment

Damn it still looks weird to watch him not being huge, and now he is soooo small lol.
            "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Comment

waste of time watching this. simple personal training type of vid. all info we all already know. and he's in a booth talking about how great the bench manufactured is cause it adjusts incline, decline and flat? seriously? like thats a new innovative piece of equipemt we've never seen before...

Comment

Levrone Training

Kevin great info thank you, when u say train all pulling and pushing movements
                do u only train a muscle once a week on this format of mon-weds-friday

so 3 days of wieghts???

jd

Comment

One of my favorites of all time. It's good to see that he's still making vids and training. It's kinda wierd seeing him with a normal physique now. I'm used to seeing the old school Kevin Levrone with the 24 inch guns reppin 500lbs on the bench.
                  "Do not demand what you cannot take by force."

Comment

The come the vids won't load for me? It keeps saying its password protected.

Comment

I will keep it in mind thanks for sharing the information.

Comment

Working...
                      X