Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

ANIMAL presents Evan Centopani Trains with Dorian Yates - Full length Video

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joebig View Post
    Great vid. Evan is looking huge. My only complaint is I wish Dorian would switch up his exercises. Every back workout I see him training somebody, he does the same exercises. I thought his favorite, besides pullovers was seated hammer strength rows.....yet I never see him training anybody using that machine.
    I don't know why we don't see him using that machine much anymore, as he did use it throughout his own career in the sport. Dorian always pretty much stuck to the same basic exercises; the exercises he felt worked each area of his back the best. These included: the reverse close grip pulldown or Hammer strength pulldown, the machine pullover, the underhand 70 degree barbell row, the one arm iso-lateral hammer strength row, the wide grip cable row, hyperextensions, no-touch deadlifts, and early on in his career, the one arm dubbell row.

Those were what Dorian felt worked each area of his back the best, so why would he change those exercises? Once a BB'r finds the exercises which best stimulate the muscle, there is no point in switching to an inferior exercise just for the sake of change. We can change the stress placed on the muscle through adjusting other variables; we don't have to stop doing the exercises which are best suited to us. If you look at most of the largest BB'rs, they pretty much stuck with the same exercises throughout their careers, with small changes being made as they better learned their bodies or attempted to bring up a weak point. This would include Sergio, Arnold, Haney, Dorian, Ronnie, Branch, and Ruhl...just to name a few. Those men found the exercises which they felt placed the most stress on each muscle and used them religously, continusouly attmpting to use more and more weight on each exercise as they were able. Getting massive does not require a constant changing of exercises...and if one is constantly switching thm around just for the sake of change, it will probably be to the BB'rs detriment.

Keep in mind that since Dorian felt those particular exercises worked his back the best, he is likley to favor those same exercises when it comes to instructing others, as it is only natural to gravitate towards the things which have worked for one in the past. In addition, Dorian's full compliment of exercises is also designed to work each area of the back thoroughly; so that nothing would be left out out or recieve less than it's fair share of stimulation. In this sense, Dorian did not choose his exercises based only on which ones he believed allowed for the greatest mind-muscle connection, but on which ones would enable him to achieve complete development of the entire back. Lastly, Dorian's unique manner of performing each exercise was also based on his understanding of exercise mechanics, and when necessary, he altered to the performance of each exercise in order to place the greatest amount of stress on the working muscle. Some examples include: 1) Using a reverse grip in order to more effectively engage the biceps. 2) Using a close grip in order to take the lats through a longer range of motion and increase the stretch placed on them at the beginning of the movment. 3) Standing at a 70 degree angle when doing standing rows rows, so that he would place his lats in a stronger mechanical position, enabling him to use more weight. 4) Pre-exhausting his lats with pullovers, as he understood the biceps were the weak link in back training.

Alltogether, Dorian had a very well thoughout back routine and to this day, no one has had a greater impact on the way I train my back than Dorian. In fact, Dorian pretty much single handily changed the way this entire generation, and future generations of BB'rs train their backs.

Comment

i agree with you 100%! ^^^ well put aswell. that told joe big

Comment

I learn more from Mike Arnold's posts than any book out there. Nice job Mike! One question though, why did he use the high amount of exercises only for back? Like for other bigger muscle groups like chest or quads or hamstrings, he didn't incorporate that many exercises?
        Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

Comment

I wish I could train down there for a year no break... Then maybe i would be half the size of Evan. Just wish i watched this before i worked out back not after.
          Lift smart.

Comment

Originally posted by JerseyDevil View Post
            FINALLY!!!

Good to see a Temple Gym video in color and also, I like the no commentary.

Should have filmed Leroy too!
            I did mate, he was doing back too....The footage is with Butch as we speak...
            MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Originally posted by youngitalianstallion View Post
              Priceless... now it's time to film an Evans Dvd entitled "Blood and Guts 2.0" that would be awesome.. and entire week of Dorian and Yates working out
              I'm up for filming that...Defo.
              MD Global Muscle Radio ep.40-https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-MIKWx8sAcw&t=5319s

Comment

Originally posted by Climber213 View Post
                I learn more from Mike Arnold's posts than any book out there. Nice job Mike! One question though, why did he use the high amount of exercises only for back? Like for other bigger muscle groups like chest or quads or hamstrings, he didn't incorporate that many exercises?
                Because you have much more muscles in your back..you have like 6 or 7 different muscles and you can't hit them like you hit other muscle groups...that's my thought on this..

Comment

nice vid,
                  got some new training tips
                  thx md

Comment

Informative. Instructional. Interesting. Indeed.

Comment

Someone please tell me why it is so hard for some of these pros to pause & squeeze at the point of contraction.

In Dugdale's video he did with Dorian, he cannot pause & squeeze to save his life. Kai Greene? Nope. Evan? Nope.....

Remember what Dorian always says: If you cannot pause, you did not get the weight there from muscular power, but by momentum.

Every pro would improve his back if he simply slowed down the movement and paused & flexed at the point of contraction......Why is this so difficult???

Ever seen Branch train back? Nuff said.

Dorian must just shake his head.....

Comment

Originally posted by bigtoph View Post
                        Someone please tell me why it is so hard for some of these pros to pause & squeeze at the point of contraction.

In Dugdale's video he did with Dorian, he cannot pause & squeeze to save his life. Kai Greene? Nope. Evan? Nope.....

Remember what Dorian always says: If you cannot pause, you did not get the weight there from muscular power, but by momentum.

Every pro would improve his back if he simply slowed down the movement and paused & flexed at the point of contraction......Why is this so difficult???

Ever seen Branch train back? Nuff said.

Dorian must just shake his head.....
                        I know what you mean mate, i dont know if you should pause on every rep for a 1-count, im not sure.. i study the way dorian does it, and whilst it looks like he get a full contraction, a lot of the time he doesnt pause for a full second, so im not sure.. i think its the contraction that determines how long you should hold it, and not counting.. dorians a connoisseur of form!

Comment

SHouldn't it be roelly training with dorian?

Comment

Evan and Dorian together. Epic. Great video. I like a lot of the movements that Dorian incorporated in this workout. No wonder he's the shadow.

Comment

Evans the man. Great guy that's gonna make a big impact on the sport of bb. The video is awesome. It allows is to see a true champion train a future champ. Great video

Comment

Has the video been taken down? I don't see no video.

Comment

Working...
                                X