Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

JordanWFitness' Competition Preparation Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JordanWFitness' Competition Preparation Log

I'm not sure if I can log this here or somewhere else on the forums. If this is the wrong place if a mod or admin could move it would be appreciated.
    I am doing my first bodybuilding competition this spring, I have done many powerlifting competitions but am now setting my sights on bodybuilding. Although I will still do some powerlifting meets in my off season.

I am planning to do the OPA 2014 GNC Stratford Championships, it is a rather large provincial qualifier in my area and from what I've been told offers some of the best regional open competitors out there. The competition is on Saturday April 12th, 2014.

There are many smaller shows I could do but I figured for the first one I'd rather just dive in.

Currently I'm

5'10 23 years old and I believe 215lb although tomorrow morning I will weigh in to see where I am starting exactly.. About a month ago I was 222lb however I got there by force feeding, I let myself balance at basically what I want to consume without any tracking for the last month. Tomorrow begins my diet and everything will be tracked.

I believe I will either end up at the top of middle weight (187) or the bottom of light heavy (188-198), I am not aiming for a weight class I'm aiming to be as lean and dry as possible. I am not the biggest person and have some pretty big flaws (legs and arms) so I need to bring the best conditioning.

I'm not sure how MyFitnessPal works in terms of sharing but I made my account public so anyone can check it out to see what I'm eating. My username is JordanWFitness.

My diet will be starting at 3500 calories, with a 40-35-25 split.
    350g of Carbs with a maximum of 100g of sugar
    305g of Protein
    98g of Fats with a maximum of 75g of saturated fats and 0 trans fats.

I will be training 5 days a week to start, and we will see how recovery goes.
    A typical week will look like this
    Sunday - Quads and Arms
    Monday - Upper Back and Rear Delts
    Tuesday - Off
    Wednesday - Chest and Anterior Delts
    Thursday - Arms and Medial Delts (Delt Pressing Movements)
    Friday - Hamstring and Deadlifts
    Saturday - Off

I will start with 3 cardio sessions a week and see how I respond, I do absolutely 0 cardio in the off season.. I will be using the stepper as my primary machine hopefully it can help with some much needed leg development, one stone two birds.

My daily supplements include

2 scoops of Bodybuilding.com's Amino Recovery (16g BCAAs, 6g Glutamine, 3g L-Citrulline)
    4 caps of Optimum Creatine Caps (5g Creatine Monohydrate)
    2 doses of NOW Adam (Multi-Vitamin)
    1 cap of NOW NAC (600mg of N-Acetyl Cysteine)
    1 Daily Aspirin (81mg Aspirin)
    2 doses of store brand echinacea

Also I use
    Dymatize ISO-100 which is a Hydrolyzed whey isolate, one of the best bang for you buck isolates and great flavor
    JYM Pre JYM which is a pre workout with no proprietary blends, I use a pre workout once in awhile

I do not like taking products with proprietary blends or complexes... Amino Recovery and JYM are both products which adhere to this position.

I will be posting in here sporadically with my progress, however I do not believe I will post daily updates. Though any questions or input will definitely be addressed.

I will be posting even more updates (pretty much daily) on my Instagram if anyone would like to follow on there http://instagram.com/jordanwfitness / @JordanWFitness

Oh also tomorrow I will be practicing my posing with an IFBB Pro Zane Watson, actually the guy in the contest poster. He is local to me, his family actually started the gym I workout at, his first show is the show I am doing, he got his pro card last year at Canadian Nationals. He'll be guest posing at my show, and doing his first pro show this year.

I'm really excited to do this but also nervous lol guys legs are about 36 inches in the off season and over 30 inches in contest shape, mine are 26 in the off season lol!

Comment

I've outlined my tentative peak week map on my blog, consists of my diet, supplements, sodium, fluid intake, cardio, workouts ext. ext.

http://www.jordanwfitness.com/5/post/2014/03/peak-week-map.html

Comment

Posting up a couple recent shots, switched the room we took the shots in and there was no natural lighting. The pictures didn't come out that great. A little disappointed because I wanted to see the changes. Next week I will definitely shoot them in my regular spot and do a full upload.

http://www.jordanwfitness.com/daily-log.html

Comment

Good luck man, are u making any changes to your diet in the last few weeks?
          Training Log

Comment

Originally posted by CMC191 View Post
            Good luck man, are u making any changes to your diet in the last few weeks?
            I've lowered my carbs over the last 2 weeks, this week I am keeping them around the same, the last week I am refilling a bit on the sat-sun (increase of 20%) then depleting down Mon-Thurs.. I wanted to deplete until weigh in Friday but I have an exam Friday morning and I'll need to get some carbs in that morning to get my brain working

Comment

An exam during a prep? ^^^ you're foused, wow!

Comment

Originally posted by ritch View Post
                An exam during a prep? ^^^ you're foused, wow!
                One of the hardest semesters I've ever had in university during prep

Comment

Originally posted by JordanWFitness View Post
                  One of the hardest semesters I've ever had in university during prep
                  ya make me feel so lazy, no prep or exams, lol.... Gotta say I'm impressed man! I've done serious diets while working or living normal life found it real tough,, especially the door, everyone eats after and they knew about me dieting and offered me food all night as everyone had bags of candy, lol! Anyway, shouldn't talk about candy, your dieting!

Comment

Originally posted by ritch View Post
                    ya make me feel so lazy, no prep or exams, lol.... Gotta say I'm impressed man! I've done serious diets while working or living normal life found it real tough,, especially the door, everyone eats after and they knew about me dieting and offered me food all night as everyone had bags of candy, lol! Anyway, shouldn't talk about candy, your dieting!
                    lol my birthday is in two days, and my mom was actually going to buy a big birthday cake for everyone to have for dessert... on my birthday... while I conserve my carbs for the day so I can have some potatoes at dinner... I told her to wait till the 13th (the day after my show) and buy me a big chocolate cake

Comment

Sounds like the situation Skip Lacour was in. I'd skip the cake as well. All the best with the rest of your prep!

Comment

Working...
                      X