Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

14 weeks from my first show!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 weeks from my first show!

Hey guys Im planning on doing the NPC Tampa Bay Classic and possible the Southern States this year. This will be my first show. I started dieting for the same show last year but ended up getting the flu about 5 weeks out. Anyways I will be competing in the teen division and am just looking forward to learning everything I can for future competitions.

I am 5'10'', currently 244 lbs @ 17%bf. I know I got a little carried away with my offseason but I think I can bring it in. Looking to get down to 198 for the light-heavies.

Week one and two diet looks like this:
    Meal 1-50g pro and 50g complex carbs
    Meal 2-50g pro
    Meal 3-50g pro, 50g comp. carbs, and 25g fibrous carbs
    Meal 4-50g pro, 25g simple carbs (banana)
    Meal 5-50g pro, 25g fibrous carbs
    Meal 6-25g pro
    Totals are:275g pro, 100g complex carbs, 25g simple, and 50g fibrous

Cardio:6 days/week 45 min before breakfast on treadmill, speed 3.6 and 10.0 incline.

I will be reposting with updates to my diet and cardio schemes. Would like to hear from you guys and see what your opinions are on everything.
    THANKS!
    Attached Files

You have some good size. How old are you? I would add more carbs if I were you. I am no expert by any means. Good luck and enjoy your prep.

Comment

First of all you are big for your age. So thats great. Secondly its all about conditioning come show time. So i hope you have someone good doing your diet rather then trying to piece it together at your age.

Comment

Yeah carbs to low this far out. You could have low days on a carb cycle where you hit 100 complex grams, on your non training days.

I would cycle this far out based on your lean mass.

Id do 325 on leg and back days, 275 on other days, and then a low day maybe 150 on non training days, to begin with.

With the macros you suggest it will get increasingly harder to lose weight because you wont have much to pull out of the diet. Plus for someone your size I think the cals are too low to begin and you will stall your metabolism.

I started my spring prep at 280 carbs (250 protein and 40 fats), and now Im down to 187C training days and 162C non. The avatar pic was from 5 weeks out, i was down to 148.

I also suggest you do 30 mins light intensity cardio first thing in morning and then ALWAYS 30 mins after training and even off day (so two sessions a day). Then increase to 45/30, 45/45, 1hr/45 then 1hr/1hr. After you get to1hr/1hr and fat loss then pull carbs out the diet.

Id drop the bannana and used white potato post training, tons of potassium, add some sea salt see how you fill out, fuels potassium/sodium pump. Plus will help shuttle the nutrients, add top round steak of protein choice or very lean ground beef.

I think 6 days is too much to train, if you are natural, which I have no idea. Id start at 4 per week taking each set to failure. If you want to add sessions towards the end for fat burning purposes then you'll have some cushion to do so.

Protein would be 305 which is 1.5 x lbm of 202.

Fats around 65 to 70 total per day.

I personally think your are severly undereating for your size. Just my opinion....

Comment

ok- im no expert but im currently at 190lb from 226lb and have been dieting for 9 weeks- 7 more to go till the show. I can see problems with your diet in seconds... you should have 40 grams of starchy carbs with your first 4 meals and finish your last two meals with just fiberous carbs-including 50 grams of protein with each meal of course. I would also add evening cardio sessions with your mornings. (45 min morning-30 evening) Don't worry about losing muscle or being flat because you have alot of fat to lose.
          goodluck.

Comment

The biggest mistake you are making is the omission of fats from your diet.

NYC BIG MIKE
            Looking for the "gang of 20".

Comment

Thanks for all the advice guys....I actually do have a guy helping with m prep. He is a national level NPC competitor out of fl. I will be re-posting the new diet and cardio plans here in a few days. I spoke with my trainer after reading some of these posts regaurding the undereating too much too fast issue. He told me it was an attempt to shed as much initial water and fat as possible and after 2 weeks we will be adding alot more complex carbs daily...protein will go up a bit as well.

Again thanks for all the help and support.

Comment

Btw i am 18 right now I will turn 19 in a couple months

Comment

Originally posted by pjenkins View Post
                  Thanks for all the advice guys....I actually do have a guy helping with m prep. He is a national level NPC competitor out of fl. I will be re-posting the new diet and cardio plans here in a few days. I spoke with my trainer after reading some of these posts regaurding the undereating too much too fast issue. He told me it was an attempt to shed as much initial water and fat as possible and after 2 weeks we will be adding alot more complex carbs daily...protein will go up a bit as well.

Again thanks for all the help and support.
                  Hire Tim Gardner!!!! AKA Team Bodytech. First of all he is one of the judges that will be judging you besides being the TOP winning prep guy in the state.
                  TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
                  Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

Im about 2 and a half weeks in!

Hey guys these pics were taken on 3/19. I am down from 242 to 228 and am currently in the middle of my 3rd week of dieting. Have lost a ton of water even though im sure there is more to come. Cardio sessions are now 45 min in the AM before breakfast and another 45 after my workout.

Protein is up to 350g/day and carbs are steady at 120g/day. I am consuming 7 meals.

Starting to get excited about actually getting lean again. Still have a ways to go!!!
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X