Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What make talapia better than other fish durning prep?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What make talapia better than other fish durning prep?

    SO i have noticed that both ben white and kai greene both eat a lot of talapia durning their diets. I was also told by a judge and guy who seems to know a lot about dieting to switch to straight talapia 3-4 wks out and just coast in. I was wondering what makes it better as opposed to the other fish. Trying to understand this, so i make my mind like it again. LOL burnt out after last year. I would appreciate some advice here from some ppl who know their stuff. Thnks and all inputs will be appreciated.

  • #2
    IMO I tink most people choose the tilapia because of cost as well. Flounder and oragne roughy are others but cost ALOT compared to the tilapia. Also salmon if great, but higher in fat. SOmetimes I marble it in a couple times a week. I to LOVE tilapia. Doesn't get dry like chicken can either. It's great with Mrs. Dash garlic and herb.

    Comment


    • #3
      its cheaper...no fat and very low cal. thats why it tastes like ass. i eat almost all tilapia my final weeks....it works but it hard to choke 4 out of 6 meals of it down.
      Team-TammyFitness
      hersuppz.com code TAMMY

      Comment


      • #4
        I love talapia, probably the best tasting fish IMO.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tammyp View Post
          its cheaper...no fat and very low cal. thats why it tastes like ass. i eat almost all tilapia my final weeks....it works but it hard to choke 4 out of 6 meals of it down.

          Tammy telling it like it is!!!!!!!!!! I drown it in mustard.


          NYC BIG MIKE
          Looking for the "gang of 20".

          Comment


          • #6
            I love tilapia.... warpped in aluminum foil w lemon & pepper... I usually eat it 2-4 times a day in contest prep... heck, I eat it at least once a day in my normal offseason also....

            Comment


            • #7
              I've been told that the reason talapia has caught on as the fish of choice during contest prep is that it helps to dry you out faster than other fish types, chicken and leaner protein food sources....

              just what I've heard!!

              Comment


              • #8
                i dunno i got pretty dry and hard on red meat and chicken.. i think having to eat fish for every meal is a bit extreme.. the one thing i learned this year is just take your time and be ready early.. something like contest prep isnt something u wanna rush

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by hulk7280 View Post
                  i dunno i got pretty dry and hard on red meat and chicken.. i think having to eat fish for every meal is a bit extreme.. the one thing i learned this year is just take your time and be ready early.. something like contest prep isnt something u wanna rush

                  I have to agree with you. I cannot eat fish more than a couple of days in a row.

                  Taking your time is KEY. I made some noob mistakes and had to rush things...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fitiron View Post
                    I have to agree with you. I cannot eat fish more than a couple of days in a row.

                    Taking your time is KEY. I made some noob mistakes and had to rush things...
                    I hate tiliapia.. with a passion!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by hulk7280 View Post
                      I hate tiliapia.. with a passion!
                      I ate mostly chicken, and tuna during prep..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by fitiron View Post
                        I ate mostly chicken, and tuna during prep..
                        it was mainly chicken, steak and egg whites for me.. i hardly ever drank shakes, i couldnt justify drinking a meal when i was so damn hungry..LMAO .. one of the things that saved me was protien pancakes, that and some walden farms pancake syrup and i was set

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by hulk7280 View Post
                          it was mainly chicken, steak and egg whites for me.. i hardly ever drank shakes, i couldnt justify drinking a meal when i was so damn hungry..LMAO .. one of the things that saved me was protien pancakes, that and some walden farms pancake syrup and i was set
                          tru dat, what i did was measure out my egg whites and yolks, then my oats, I mixed them together in the skillet and made one giant "pancake" then covered it with Waldens Farms....good stuff when dieting....course you never get enough, lol....but better than nothing.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by scoobysnacks View Post
                            tru dat, what i did was measure out my egg whites and yolks, then my oats, I mixed them together in the skillet and made one giant "pancake" then covered it with Waldens Farms....good stuff when dieting....course you never get enough, lol....but better than nothing.
                            damn that sounds good!!! I need to hit that up!

                            I dont eat tilapia anymore, but when I cook it for my gf's meals, i either put garlic/garlic salt plus dill on it, add spray butter and sear it in the pan. Or I'll add this creole cajun seasoning that it the friggin bomb!
                            "Show me a thoroughly satisfied man, and I will show you a failure..."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by hulk7280 View Post
                              it was mainly chicken, steak and egg whites for me.. i hardly ever drank shakes, i couldnt justify drinking a meal when i was so damn hungry..LMAO .. one of the things that saved me was protien pancakes, that and some walden farms pancake syrup and i was set
                              Originally posted by scoobysnacks View Post
                              tru dat, what i did was measure out my egg whites and yolks, then my oats, I mixed them together in the skillet and made one giant "pancake" then covered it with Waldens Farms....good stuff when dieting....course you never get enough, lol....but better than nothing.
                              Only thing I dont like about Walden Farms is the intense cravings I get after eating it...usually last for about 20 minutes after too
                              NGA Pro Bodybuilder

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X