Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Hernia, how do you know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hernia, how do you know?

It may sound like a dumb question, but how do you know you have a hernia? On my right side and on the area between my right leg and pelvis I have an area that feels very tight (I really don't know how else to explain it). In both situations I "injured the area while doing deadlifts (it felt like a pull or zipper unzipping in both occasions). Sometimes the area gets very tight and affects my workouts and other times it does not. It has been this way for a few years...and I don't feel any bumps. Could this be hernias, or is it just tightness...like a pulled muscle that never went away?

I have had a couple of hernia's, two because of surgery and one just because. In all cases, I had a bump that poked out from the skin and could be pushed back when laying down.

Sounds to me like a pulled muscle by the way you describe it as pull or a zipper.

Comment

have it checked, it won't hurt anything to just know instead of wondering and maybe making it worse. I am currently recovering from hernia surgery but mine was near the naval.
      2008 Jr USA lhw winner

Comment

I could see the actually see the lump when I leaned out for a show, The doctor said it may have been there a very long time. I have had it for almost 2 years now the pain comes and goes..It's time to get it outta there though, holding me back.

Comment

Working...
        X