Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What is that camel's hump on back of some guy's necks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is that camel's hump on back of some guy's necks?

When aq guy is in contest shape and he has a big knob on the back of his neck, where the neck meets the shoulders, is that a drug side effect? Some guys have them sometimes, like Dexter or Arnold in Pumping Iron, then don't. Looks like a camel's hump/ What is that?

I have heard it's a side effect from steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by GHGut View Post
      When aq guy is in contest shape and he has a big knob on the back of his neck, where the neck meets the shoulders, is that a drug side effect? Some guys have them sometimes, like Dexter or Arnold in Pumping Iron, then don't. Looks like a camel's hump/ What is that?
      Probably just C8 sticking out out due to genetics.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick_Bateman View Post
        Probably just C8 sticking out out due to genetics.
        Thing is it is too big and fatty loking to be a vertebrae. Also, sometimes a guy will have it, then not (removed surgically?).

Comment

Pics??

Comment

It`s from squatting....bar resting on vertebrae.
            Strictly Business

Comment

It may be from the vertebrae becoming irritated from the BAR pressing against that area.

Comment

lipoma. a guy at my old gym in new orleans had the same thing in the same place you describe....had to have it surgically removed.
                www.MelissaDettwiller.com

www.physiqueboutique.com

Comment

You can get it, by chronically placing your neck into certain positions then exerting force or pressure on your c spine. Say chronically bending your neck forward, and then applying pressure or load from the posterior direction.

In addition, sometimes depending on the condition, its called Dowegers hump, you see it in conditions of osteoporosis:

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/...ticlekey=14071

Definition of Dowager's hump

Dowager's hump: An abnormal outward curvature of the vertebrae of upper back. Compression of the front (anterior) portion of the involved vertebrae leads to forward bending of the spine (kyphosis) and creates a hump at the upper back. Dowager's hump is due to osteoporosis changes in the thoracic spine. It may affect men or women. Like most osteoporotic changes, it is often preventable.
                  My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Johnnie Jackson has the biggest lump on his neck/back that I have ever seen.

Comment

m3.jpg
                      m12.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by LukeB View Post
                        [ATTACH]16420[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH]16421[/ATTACH]
                        looks like another/new muscle group.

Comment

Originally posted by DBowden View Post
                          You can get it, by chronically placing your neck into certain positions then exerting force or pressure on your c spine. Say chronically bending your neck forward, and then applying pressure or load from the posterior direction.

In addition, sometimes depending on the condition, its called Dowegers hump, you see it in conditions of osteoporosis:

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/...ticlekey=14071

Definition of Dowager's hump

Dowager's hump: An abnormal outward curvature of the vertebrae of upper back. Compression of the front (anterior) portion of the involved vertebrae leads to forward bending of the spine (kyphosis) and creates a hump at the upper back. Dowager's hump is due to osteoporosis changes in the thoracic spine. It may affect men or women. Like most osteoporotic changes, it is often preventable.
                          I don't know...I google image searched Dowager's hump and the pics I saw aren't what Johnnie, Dexter, et. al. sport. Spoek to a nurse who works with AIDs patients today who is familiar with this, claims some get it from excessive GH use (?).

Comment

I don't know...I google image searched Dowager's hump and the pics I saw aren't what Johnnie, Dexter, et. al. sport. Spoek to a nurse who works with AIDs patients today who is familiar with this, claims some get it from excessive GH use (?).

I never used GH and I have one, a decent amount of juice but no GH.

Comment

I never have used any GH.
                              Never used juice either.

I had it once, it went away on its own.

Like others have already commented, I think it results from bar pressure against your neck when you squat.
                              My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Working...
                              X