Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What is that camel's hump on back of some guy's necks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laura Hanson
    replied

What is a lipoma?

A lipoma is a growth of fat cells in a thin, fibrous capsule usually found just below the skin. Lipomas are found most often on the torso, neck, upper thighs, upper arms, and armpits, but can occur almost anywhere in the body. One or more lipomas may be present at the same time. Lipomas are the most common noncancerous soft tissue growth.
    What causes a lipoma?

The cause of lipomas is not completely understood, but the tendency to develop them is inherited. A minor injury may trigger the growth. Being overweight does not cause lipomas.
    What are the symptoms of a lipoma?

Lipomas usually:
    • Are small [0.4 in. to 1.2 in.] and felt just under the skin.
    • Are movable and have a soft, rubbery consistency.
    • Do not cause pain.
    • Remain the same size over years or grow very slowly.
    Often the most bothersome symptom is the location or increased size that makes the lipoma noticeable by others.
    How are lipomas diagnosed?

A lipoma can usually be diagnosed by its appearance alone, but your health professional may want to remove it to make sure the growth is noncancerous.
    How are lipomas treated?

Lipomas do not generally require treatment. Because lipomas are not cancerous growths and cannot become cancerous, they do not need to be removed. There is no known treatment to prevent lipomas or affect their growth.
    A lipoma may be surgically removed if symptoms develop, such as if the lipoma:
    • Becomes painful or tender.
    • Becomes infected or inflamed repeatedly.
    • Drains foul-smelling discharge.
    • Interferes with movement or function.
    • Increases in size.
    • Becomes unsightly or bothersome.
    Most lipomas can be removed in the doctor's office or outpatient surgery center. The doctor injects a local anesthetic around the lipoma, makes an incision in the skin, removes the growth, and closes the incision with stitches (sutures). If the lipoma is in an area of the body that cannot be easily reached through a simple incision in the skin, the lipoma may need to be removed in the operating room under general anesthesia.
    Who is affected by lipomas?

Lipomas occur in all age groups but most often appear in middle age. Single lipomas occur with equal frequency in men and women. Multiple lipomas occur more frequently in men.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Pretty Ricky
    replied
    Originally posted by LukeB View Post
    [ATTACH]16420[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]16421[/ATTACH]
    hah look close at the first pic looks like a huge camel toe between his legs

Leave a comment:

• Timski
    replied
    Arnold had it too.

Leave a comment:

• 619Rules
    replied
    Yes-Johnny jackson has that lump bad...first person I thought about when I opened the thread......but in the pics here it does not show up really.....

Leave a comment:

• Buadain
    replied
    Originally posted by GHGut View Post
    I don't know...I google image searched Dowager's hump and the pics I saw aren't what Johnnie, Dexter, et. al. sport. Spoek to a nurse who works with AIDs patients today who is familiar with this, claims some get it from excessive GH use (?).
    I never have used any GH.
    Never used juice either.

I had it once, it went away on its own.

Like others have already commented, I think it results from bar pressure against your neck when you squat.

Leave a comment:

• kazman32
    replied
    I don't know...I google image searched Dowager's hump and the pics I saw aren't what Johnnie, Dexter, et. al. sport. Spoek to a nurse who works with AIDs patients today who is familiar with this, claims some get it from excessive GH use (?).

I never used GH and I have one, a decent amount of juice but no GH.

Leave a comment:

• GHGut
    replied
    Originally posted by DBowden View Post
    You can get it, by chronically placing your neck into certain positions then exerting force or pressure on your c spine. Say chronically bending your neck forward, and then applying pressure or load from the posterior direction.

In addition, sometimes depending on the condition, its called Dowegers hump, you see it in conditions of osteoporosis:

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/...ticlekey=14071

Definition of Dowager's hump

Dowager's hump: An abnormal outward curvature of the vertebrae of upper back. Compression of the front (anterior) portion of the involved vertebrae leads to forward bending of the spine (kyphosis) and creates a hump at the upper back. Dowager's hump is due to osteoporosis changes in the thoracic spine. It may affect men or women. Like most osteoporotic changes, it is often preventable.

Leave a comment:

• Shark67
    replied
    Originally posted by LukeB View Post
    [ATTACH]16420[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]16421[/ATTACH]
    looks like another/new muscle group.

Leave a comment:

• Onetwo
    replied
    m3.jpg
    m12.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Shark67
    replied
    Johnnie Jackson has the biggest lump on his neck/back that I have ever seen.

Leave a comment:

• Buadain
    replied
    When aq guy is in contest shape and he has a big knob on the back of his neck, where the neck meets the shoulders, is that a drug side effect? Some guys have them sometimes, like Dexter or Arnold in Pumping Iron, then don't. Looks like a camel's hump/ What is that?
    You can get it, by chronically placing your neck into certain positions then exerting force or pressure on your c spine. Say chronically bending your neck forward, and then applying pressure or load from the posterior direction.

In addition, sometimes depending on the condition, its called Dowegers hump, you see it in conditions of osteoporosis:

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/...ticlekey=14071

Definition of Dowager's hump

Dowager's hump: An abnormal outward curvature of the vertebrae of upper back. Compression of the front (anterior) portion of the involved vertebrae leads to forward bending of the spine (kyphosis) and creates a hump at the upper back. Dowager's hump is due to osteoporosis changes in the thoracic spine. It may affect men or women. Like most osteoporotic changes, it is often preventable.

Leave a comment:

• melissa
    replied
    lipoma. a guy at my old gym in new orleans had the same thing in the same place you describe....had to have it surgically removed.

Leave a comment:

• Dave P
    replied
    It may be from the vertebrae becoming irritated from the BAR pressing against that area.

Leave a comment:

• Timski
    replied
    It`s from squatting....bar resting on vertebrae.

Leave a comment:

• BigKen
    replied
    Pics??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X