Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Back Training Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tipsta View Post
    So rest pausing 3 to 5 more wont create a greater duration of contraction, resulting in more fibers being activated?

Slow twitch fibers are not even engaged if the exercise is done in an explosive motion. I think you are slghtly confused how fibers activate.

Punching someone with great force= Fast twitch fiber firing
    Pushing against a wall= Slow twitch fibers Firing.

Has nothing to do with first fibers firing but how you activate them.

Hope this helps explain better.
    I admire your conviction on being natural, but natural or not, you train the muscle the same way to get size. No disrespect, but if that's you in your avatar, you're very cut but your back isn't very wide or thick. My chest measures 56" in contest shape and my waist 35" at 6'-4". I think the heavy routine works very well for mass on back. In fact, it works very well for every muscle group.

Truth be told, genetics probably play a larger role with everything else being even.

Comment

Fast And Slow Muscle Fibers

Stretching FAQ

Subjects > Health > Stretching > Stretching FAQ

Subject: 1.2.2 - Fast and Slow Muscle Fibers

The energy which produces the calcium flow in the muscle fibers comes from "mitochondria", the part of the muscle cell that converts glucose (blood sugar) into energy. Different types of muscle fibers have different amounts of mitochondria. The more mitochondria in a muscle fiber, the more energy it is able to produce. Muscle fibers are categorized into "slow-twitch fibers" and "fast-twitch fibers". Slow-twitch fibers (also called "Type 1 muscle fibers") are slow to contract, but they are also very slow to fatigue. Fast-twitch fibers are very quick to contract and come in two varieties: "Type 2A muscle fibers" which fatigue at an intermediate rate, and "Type 2B muscle fibers" which fatigue very quickly. The main reason the slow-twitch fibers are slow to fatigue is that they contain more mitochondria than fast-twitch fibers and hence are able to produce more energy. Slow-twitch fibers are also smaller in diameter than fast-twitch fibers and have increased capillary blood flow around them. Because they have a smaller diameter and an increased blood flow, the slow-twitch fibers are able to deliver more oxygen and remove more waste products from the muscle fibers (which decreases their "fatigability").
      These three muscle fiber types (Types 1, 2A, and 2B) are contained in all muscles in varying amounts. Muscles that need to be contracted much of the time (like the heart) have a greater number of Type 1 (slow) fibers. According to `HFLTA':

When a muscle begins to contract, primarily Type 1 fibers are activated first, then Type 2A, then 2B. This sequence of fiber recruitment allows very delicate and finely tuned muscle responses to brain commands. It also makes Type 2B fibers difficult to train; most of the Type 1 and 2A fibers have to be activated already before a large percentage of the 2B fibers participate.
      `HFLTA' further states that the the best way to remember the difference between muscles with predominantly slow-twitch fibers and muscles with predominantly fast-twitch fibers is to think of "white meat" and "dark meat". Dark meat is dark because it has a greater number of slow-twitch muscle fibers and hence a greater number of mitochondria, which are dark. White meat consists mostly of muscle fibers which are at rest much of the time but are frequently called on to engage in brief bouts of intense activity. This muscle tissue can contract quickly but is fast to fatigue and slow to recover. White meat is lighter in color than dark meat because it contains fewer mitochondria.

NYC BIG MIKE
      Looking for the "gang of 20".

Comment

NYC BIG MIKE and esplendido, just give up.

You can not and will not win in an argument against Tipsta, he never shuts up

You 2 clearly know what you are doing but Tipsta has a bad habit of arguing with results

Comment

this is a topic which has gained my interest lately,training for muscle fibre type seems to be a topic raised alot and i was also under the impression that the back contained a higher level of slow twitch fibres there for higher reps could be beneficial.

And as the article big mike supplied states that slow twitch is fired first,but being slow twitch wouldnt they have the propensity to go much longer (endurance) then the other fibres.Jimmy Smith just released some articles and in them one part was about the back(lats) shoulders,calves chest being a higher level of slow twitch and about tri setting the muscles because of the endurance capabilitys of these muscle group they sometimes need hammering especially in natural athletes.

Anyone?

Comment

So it appears the majority opinion is low reps with heavier weight???

Sorry I started an argument.

Kevin
            Sleep good and jerk off better

Comment

Originally posted by crash2226 View Post

Kevin
              It just shows that evryone has their own opinion. Try different things and see what works best for you.
              Republicans buy shoes too.

Comment

Originally posted by BPT20 View Post
                It just shows that evryone has their own opinion. Try different things and see what works best for you.
                good advice

Comment

Kevin
                  Dont be. This is how we learn!
                  TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
                  Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Comment

Originally posted by esplendido View Post
                    I admire your conviction on being natural, but natural or not, you train the muscle the same way to get size. No disrespect, but if that's you in your avatar, you're very cut but your back isn't very wide or thick. My chest measures 56" in contest shape and my waist 35" at 6'-4". I think the heavy routine works very well for mass on back. In fact, it works very well for every muscle group.

Truth be told, genetics probably play a larger role with everything else being even.

I agree genetics play a larger part than anything. Hence a Poodle is a Poodle and a Rottweiler is a Rottweiler.

Back not wide? Thats a shot of my lower back. Hitting that shot means complete contraction opposite of what causes the flare. Very few people know how to hit that pose. Although it seems to have been reborn these past few years.

Comment

Kevin
                      IMO, there is nothing wrong with arguing bro, as long as it is the topic of discussion being argued over and it does not move off topic and into AD Hominum trolling and flaming attacks on members.
                      My Competition Prep Journal

Muscular Development Forum Rules

Comment

Originally posted by philborg View Post
                        NYC BIG MIKE and esplendido, just give up.

You can not and will not win in an argument against Tipsta, he never shuts up

You 2 clearly know what you are doing but Tipsta has a bad habit of arguing with results

Its not argueing. Unlike you I am more than willing to help in any way I could and when I know something to be a certain way I will go to any length to help explain it in laymans terms over and over rather than just saying Ok fuck it then. Do you guys think I just make this shit up? I am just lucky to have had the education I have.

Comment

To make this easy if you are natural then I suggest you consult Kyoshi in his thread if you are not natural then ask others as his training is geared for the drug free as is mine. We cant just do 8 reps and stop. We need to hit it MUCH harder and more intense since the workload and the food is the ONLY catalyst to our physiques.

Comment

To make this easy if you are natural then I suggest you consult Kyoshi in his thread if you are not natural then ask others as his training is geared for the drug free as is mine. We cant just do 8 reps and stop. We need to hit it MUCH harder and more intense since the workload and the food is the ONLY catalyst to our physiques.

Good post. There is indeed a big difference between natural and drug assisted training.

NYC BIG MIKE

Comment

Originally posted by NYC BIG MIKE View Post
                              Good post. There is indeed a big difference between natural and drug assisted training.

NYC BIG MIKE

I hate arguing with you because your pics prove your posts. ARGHHHHH!...lol

Comment

I hate arguing with you because your pics prove your posts. ARGHHHHH!...lol

LOL. Thanks. I don't look at it as arguing, rather a diference of opinions. I respect your knowledge, and hope you respect mine. You're physique speaks worlds about what works for you. We've both been in the game a long time and know that different things work for different people. Respect.

NYC BIG MIKE

Comment

Working...
                                X