Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Best Lift of the Day! Post in Here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt1A...e_gdata_player

TONIGHT'S DEADLIFTS- 415x15

Yeah buddy!!! Light weight!!! Ain't nothing but a peanut!!!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2
    Seek Him and know Him. Jeremiah 29:13-14

Comment

• Z Press 205 today for a single.
      not too bad. I don't think I ever got 225 on those so that would be pretty sweet to get. Since it's one of 3 ME exercises though, I won't get back to it for a couple weeks. Hopefully everything else helps it along though.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjoe View Post
        ..........BI - you look to be on track for a good year end! Keep it up!
        Thanks. I'm happy with how things are going so far. Just one more week 3 before the year ends. I also found a place with a monolift so I'll be going up there on my leg days. Than I'll really get to push my squats like I've wanted to.
        Conceive, Believe, Achieve!

Comment

• A gym about 40 minutes from me just got one last week. So close and I still don't think I will ever make it up there Bummer. I would love to do some work in the mono and then hit the GHR (which they also have).

Comment

• Standing OHP - 160x12
            Bench Press - 270x15
            Seek Him and know Him. Jeremiah 29:13-14

Comment

• Hit a bodyweight PR last night on bench press: 245x3x3 (paused) @209.

Felt like girly-weightóbut I just reminded myself when my show is over it's on again with the heavy iron!
              Words convince the Mind; emotions sway the Heartóbut only The Spirit transforms the Soul.

Comment

A gym about 40 minutes from me just got one last week. So close and I still don't think I will ever make it up there Bummer. I would love to do some work in the mono and then hit the GHR (which they also have).
                Why won't you ever make it there? I think your squat would skyrocket if you used one consistently.

The gym that has one that'll I'll end up using is 47miles away from me each way (1.5hrs each way b/c of traffic) and I'm going to suck it up, drive up there, and pay the daily fee 3x month.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrotherIron View Post
                  Why won't you ever make it there? I think your squat would skyrocket if you used one consistently.

The gym that has one that'll I'll end up using is 47miles away from me each way (1.5hrs each way b/c of traffic) and I'm going to suck it up, drive up there, and pay the daily fee 3x month.
                  My schedule just won't allow it. I actually went out there yesterday (very rare occasion) and used the GHR. awesome. No need for the mono yesterday though.
                  In my scenario the best use for a monolift would be to do heavy band work where the weight at the top (with normal or reverse bands) is 10% or more over my actual 1rm. That way I could "get used to the weight" and not have to walk out awkward bands with a lot of weight.
                  All my meets however, require me to walk it out anyway so the majority of my squats should be from normal racks.

Comment

• Good lifting in here guys, I enjoy flicking through this thread.

Comment

My schedule just won't allow it. I actually went out there yesterday (very rare occasion) and used the GHR. awesome. No need for the mono yesterday though.
                      In my scenario the best use for a monolift would be to do heavy band work where the weight at the top (with normal or reverse bands) is 10% or more over my actual 1rm. That way I could "get used to the weight" and not have to walk out awkward bands with a lot of weight.
                      All my meets however, require me to walk it out anyway so the majority of my squats should be from normal racks.
                      If you're meets require you to walk it out than I can see why you'd want to spend all your time in the rack. A mono would allow you to lift more but it's always best to train with the type of equipment you compete with.

I think I'll be driving 2 or 3 Fridays a month to use a mono. I'm not sure I need to drive so far on my easy day and I def don't need to on my deload day.

Comment

• I've never came across any gyms yet that have a mono.

Comment

• Just getting back into my training again.

Last night did an easy 200 x 3 bench then paused dumbbell chest presses, 80 x 8.

Comment

• Brandon Lilly issued this challenge via facebook.

Here is the first one: Snatch Grip Deads off 4" blocks

JV: 275 x 20
                            High School All Star: 315 x 15
                            College Walk On: 365 x 15
                            Full On Stud: 405 x 15
                            Certifiable Panty Dropping Pimp: 515 x 15

In retrospect I should have went 365 and I may do it again this week. haha
                            413/330/512 1255lbs@220 APF raw

Comment

• 315 x 15 was one of the toughest goddamm DL sets I ever attempted!

Comment

• The snatch grip makes it even worse trust me. haha
                                413/330/512 1255lbs@220 APF raw

Comment

Working...
                                X