Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Best Lift of the Day! Post in Here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used the DL snatch grip all the time before I started researching form. Might be part of the reason I never had to do any direct trap work.
    Seek Him and know Him. Jeremiah 29:13-14

Comment

• Originally posted by MuscleAddict83 View Post
      I used the DL snatch grip all the time before I started researching form. Might be part of the reason I never had to do any direct trap work.
      You realize snatch grip is collar to collar, not just a little wider.
      Conceive, Believe, Achieve!

Comment

• Originally posted by BrotherIron View Post
        You realize snatch grip is collar to collar, not just a little wider.
        I thought it was where ever made the bar be at the hip crease at lockout? I'll admit we are using a pretty loose definition of snatch grip though. As in the actual challenge he just said hands outside the rings.
        413/330/512 1255lbs@220 APF raw

Comment

• Originally posted by Diabetic Muscle View Post
          I thought it was where ever made the bar be at the hip crease at lockout? I'll admit we are using a pretty loose definition of snatch grip though. As in the actual challenge he just said hands outside the rings.
          No, snatch grip is a very wide grip that allows you pull the bar the highest possible and therefore making it easier to pull yourself under the bar. If you're 6' you need to be going collar to collar and even if you're shorter you'll be a good bit wider than the rings. Being at the rungs is what many use for their clean grip.

People use the term snatch grip a bit to much and they haven't even performed a snatch or a snatch grip movement.

This is a snatch pull. See how wide his hands are in terms of where they are on the bar.

Conceive, Believe, Achieve!

Comment

• Worked up to pulling 400 x 2 for a couple of sets, felt pretty good. Squatted 264 before that, felt comfortable as well.

Comment

• Well, I wouldn't grip that far out, but I was around an 2 inches outside the rings. Not sure why I used to do it that way all the time. It just felt natural, but when I moved my hand inside the rings my squat went up and my form got a LOT better.

Comment

• From last night:

Squats
                390x13

Comment

• Originally posted by MuscleAddict83 View Post
                  From last night:

Squats
                  390x13
                  Nice work.
                  https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeesMPD
                  https://www.facebook.com/Ripped2ShredsPhysiques

Comment

• squats- 260x1. let me just say i'm glad i used a squat rack. hopefully i can work my way up to the mind boggling lifts on here lol. it felt good to max out though.

Comment

• Last set of 5ct pause squats. 315x3
                      413/330/512 1255lbs@220 APF raw

Comment

• 160x14 - OHP270x17 - Bench

Comment

• I know I haven't kept my log updated last few months, but here is an update. Set a bunch of new PRs the past few weeks most notably:

330 x 1 front squat
                          320 x 1 floor press (went up smooth)
                          265 x 7 BB row
                          121 x 1 one arm DB snatch
                          220 x 5 standing good morning

Dropped the 5/3/1 and periodization in general a couple months ago and it's paying off dividends I think. Especially ecstatic about the floor press as my bench hasn't budged for over a year.

Comment

• huge PR last night...365 x5 bench press
                            https://www.facebook.com/leanmuscled

Comment

• Great work Austin, holy feck.

Comment

• I've just been training pretty low key and fairly instictively after the meet, not ramping things up again until start of January. Saying that I'm still hitting decent numbers...

Paused bench 176 x 7
                                ATG raw squat 286 for a solid single
                                Hammer Strength DL 4PPS x 12

Comment

Working...
                                X