Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Best Lift of the Day! Post in Here!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit the 80lb dumbells shoulder press 3 sets of 10 reps a while back, was happy with that, never handled them for any overhead work before.

Comment

• Did 44 set workout today(wife pissed me off just before) During the Cowboys game too! What dedication.

I had a PR in cable crossover flyes @ 70 x 6
      Happy holidays from the DEA. You can thank GeorgeForemanRules.

Comment

• 270 raw squat, ass to ground. Felt pretty good, working towards that 300.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironman19 View Post
          Hit the 80lb dumbells shoulder press 3 sets of 10 reps a while back, was happy with that, never handled them for any overhead work before.
          How do you get them in set position? Do you have a spot?

My method of falling into a 90 degree chair and swinging them in place is holding me back from heavier presses. Feels like it's just on the edge of unsafe but I think dumbell presses are a requisite movement to keep proportionate

Comment

• Originally posted by Voluntold View Post

My method of falling into a 90 degree chair and swinging them in place is holding me back from heavier presses. Feels like it's just on the edge of unsafe but I think dumbell presses are a requisite movement to keep proportionate
            I used to have trouble, but now I think i could probably swing the 130's up into position if I wanted to. You just have to do the first rep like a man though since they're going to be lowered as fully as possible. I lift them to around the middle of my quads from the ground and sit on the chair, then...one by one...I'll slide the leg backwards (so that the knee comes closer to the ground, the weight leans forward, and the foot slides back) and then try to swing the whole leg up (whilst the dumbbell is still on the quad), curling the weight at the same time to hoist one up and just hold it at the bottom of the press...then do the same thing with the other. Probably hard to visualize...i'll try to find a video with someone else doing it.
            Subscribe - http://youtube.com/blackwellmuscle
            http://swoletra.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Billy Blackwell View Post
              I used to have trouble, but now I think i could probably swing the 130's up into position if I wanted to. You just have to do the first rep like a man though since they're going to be lowered as fully as possible. I lift them to around the middle of my quads from the ground and sit on the chair, then...one by one...I'll slide the leg backwards (so that the knee comes closer to the ground, the weight leans forward, and the foot slides back) and then try to swing the whole leg up (whilst the dumbbell is still on the quad), curling the weight at the same time to hoist one up and just hold it at the bottom of the press...then do the same thing with the other. Probably hard to visualize...i'll try to find a video with someone else doing it.
              I think I see what you're saying. I just about ruptured my right calf that way. I wasn't quite getting the extensor into it like I think you are though. I'm gonna try your method next workout for shoulders/arms which is wed.

Comment

I always have someone to lift one up for me, I have a bad back so I have to be damn careful, I can't swing back and forward with the weight, I just curl one up and my training partner hands me the other. Even if I had a good back I would still do it the way I do because as you say, so much energy can be wasted throwing them up there!

Comment

• bench
                  340 x 5 sets of triples

Comment

• Looking great in your new avi mate. Good benching!

Comment

I think I see what you're saying. I just about ruptured my right calf that way. I wasn't quite getting the extensor into it like I think you are though. I'm gonna try your method next workout for shoulders/arms which is wed.
                      I'll try to take a video for you tonight demonstrating it. I think it works best for me so far. I don't really use the calf...before I used to bounce the calf to hoist it up but this way I don't feel any calves
                      Subscribe - http://youtube.com/blackwellmuscle
                      http://swoletra.com

Comment

• Squatted 270x11 with a few in the tank the other day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mini Forklift View Post
                          Looking great in your new avi mate. Good benching!
                          Thanks Jim!

Comment

• Standing Military Press
                            170x5
                            Bench Press
                            285x3
                            Seek Him and know Him. Jeremiah 29:13-14

Comment

• Olympic Back Squatted 463lbsX3, Olympic Front Squatted 393lbsX3, and Box Squatted (parallel) 330lbsX2
                              Conceive, Believe, Achieve!

Comment

• Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                                bench
                                340 x 5 sets of triples
                                Git-R-Done!!!
                                Seek Him and know Him. Jeremiah 29:13-14

Comment

Working...
                                X