Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

The Cletus Kasady Chronicles

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Mini Forklift View Post
    Good workouts big guy, interesting to read everyones takes on certain diets.

    Hope you have had a great start to 2012, all the best for the monster upcoming year bro JIM.
    Thanks Jim, success to you in 2012 my friend!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by tjoe View Post
      Kerosene gets a bad rap for some reason. I loved it and its the only type.of diet I tend to stick to with no problem.
      Evan went pro working with Dave p and i think freeman looked his best working with him as well.
      a big thing in the beginning is making sure the fats are high enough. That will give you energy but still allow you to get into ketosis. Then you can play with the numbers from there.
      I didn't have a problem doing jerk before as well...easy to follow.

      I know Keith believes strongly in skip loading. That coupled with jerk I think will keep cravings at bay! I'm gonna finish up these sweet potatoes and oatmeal I have sitting around then pull carbs.

      Comment


      • Jerk = keto

        Comment


        • Kerosene... LOL damn Kindle! Changes half the words I type. Sorry.

          as bogoso said the volume will have to come down. In my opinion the reps should drop also. No more than 10 preferably 8.
          cardio needs to be at 120 bpm or LESS (which is why you have to do so much). Any higher and you risk burning muscle because the energy demand is to high/fast for the body to rely purely on fats anymore.

          Biggest keto mistakes I see all the time: not enough fats and cardio at too high an intensity.

          Comment


          • I agree with Tjoe, 8-10 reps is good.... Try and keep the weight heavy as possible to help keep all the muscle on ya.... I also agree the 2 biggest mistakes are fats not high enough and too much cardio. Losing muscle deffo is a risk... I've done keto and I've done keto and withered away at the end.... The year I worked with Dave p at the end trying to get real hard was doing 2 hrs 10 of cardio daily on mostly pro/veg days....around 1500 cals... Lost 30 lbs in about 4 weeks I think equal parts muscle and fat....wasn't that hard either..... And that was with "assistance"....this last year I think the skiploads helped me avoid that. Don't think ill do another keto diet all the way through prep again, but maybe using it at certain times
            Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

            Comment


            • Originally posted by tjoe View Post
              Kerosene... LOL damn Kindle! Changes half the words I type. Sorry.

              as bogoso said the volume will have to come down. In my opinion the reps should drop also. No more than 10 preferably 8.
              cardio needs to be at 120 bpm or LESS (which is why you have to do so much). Any higher and you risk burning muscle because the energy demand is to high/fast for the body to rely purely on fats anymore.

              Biggest keto mistakes I see all the time: not enough fats and cardio at too high an intensity.
              My last keto, I did 30 minutes fasted every morning at around 125bps. I probably could have got more fats in but as long as I was pissing purple I was a happy camper. And surprising enough...I was repping in the 8 range during that time as well....I just didn't know that was the right thing to do

              Comment


              • If you are going to do keto, I recommend Lyle McDonald's version rather than Dave P.

                Dave's version isn't a true keto because he keeps his protein numbers WAY to high. If you a running a true keto, you only need .9g of protein per pound of BW. I am only taking in about 175g and still getting/staying pretty strong.

                The E-book is excellent and I learned a shit-ton not only about keto, but about how the body works overall.

                I am doing a TKD which allows me to keep my volume as high as I want it to be and I am only doing 20 minutes of cardio on my workout days while still losing 1-2 pounds per week.

                Comment


                • LOL, sounds like you were right on track.
                  I'm not so sure the fasted cardio aspect makes any difference in this scenario since no matter when you do cardio the fuel source should be fats anyway. So I would say as long as you get it in then your good.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by D-NUTZ View Post
                    If you are going to do keto, I recommend Lyle McDonald's version rather than Dave P.

                    Dave's version isn't a true keto because he keeps his protein numbers WAY to high. If you a running a true keto, you only need .9g of protein per pound of BW. I am only taking in about 175g and still getting/staying pretty strong.

                    The E-book is excellent and I learned a shit-ton not only about keto, but about how the body works overall.

                    I am doing a TKD which allows me to keep my volume as high as I want it to be and I am only doing 20 minutes of cardio on my workout days while still losing 1-2 pounds per week.
                    I'll check this shit out...Thx dude!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                      LOL, sounds like you were right on track.
                      I'm not so sure the fasted cardio aspect makes any difference in this scenario since no matter when you do cardio the fuel source should be fats anyway. So I would say as long as you get it in then your good.
                      Is there a certain number of sets I should be targeting? I'm comfortable with 4-5 sets per bodypart

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bigoso View Post
                        I agree with Tjoe, 8-10 reps is good.... Try and keep the weight heavy as possible to help keep all the muscle on ya.... I also agree the 2 biggest mistakes are fats not high enough and too much cardio. Losing muscle deffo is a risk... I've done keto and I've done keto and withered away at the end.... The year I worked with Dave p at the end trying to get real hard was doing 2 hrs 10 of cardio daily on mostly pro/veg days....around 1500 cals... Lost 30 lbs in about 4 weeks I think equal parts muscle and fat....wasn't that hard either..... And that was with "assistance"....this last year I think the skiploads helped me avoid that. Don't think ill do another keto diet all the way through prep again, but maybe using it at certain times
                        I know you were passionate about the skip loads and I fully understand why you did that... As far as duration, I'm thinking 8-12 weeks, then slowly start to load up for another 8

                        Comment


                        • I was just checking out his RFL stuff on his forum... looks interesting for sure. I have no use for it right now but once I diet again it may come in handy.
                          Thanks D-Nutz

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Carnage View Post
                            I know you were passionate about the skip loads and I fully understand why you did that... As far as duration, I'm thinking 8-12 weeks, then slowly start to load up for another 8
                            Sounds like a solid plan
                            Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

                            Comment


                            • Awesome Delt Day

                              really goes to show that equipment is soo important when training and having a variety of toys to play with. I hit delts today, i was going to train legs but im going to give them another week off due to a groin injury id like to let heal. So I decided to try a new gym today and i ended up training at the "training center" while Fred Smalls was there, he was doing some heavy deads (sumo style and some back training). Anyways, I Found the seated Benhind the neck ISO Press Machine, standing side lateral machine and rear delt machine...fking great!! I killed shoulders and i can tell that this is the type of work my shoulders need to get big, they got pumped to hell and im sure they will be sore and that for me is an indication of proper training. Anyways...just thought i would mention that.

                              Seated Iso Hammer Shoulder Press
                              1 plate per side x 20 reps
                              1 plate per side x 15 reps
                              2 plates per side x 10 reps
                              2 plates per side x 8 reps
                              1.5 plates per side x 12 reps
                              1.5 plates per side x 12 reps

                              Seated Side Dumbbell Laterals
                              40lbs x 10 reps
                              40lbs x 10 reps
                              40lbs x 10 reps

                              Standing Front Laterals
                              50lbs x 10 reps
                              45lbs x 10 reps
                              45lbs x 10 reps

                              Standing Side Lateral Machine !!!!!!
                              65lbs x 12 reps
                              65lbs x 12 reps
                              65lbs x 10 reps

                              Rear Delt Fly (reverse pec dec) - Slow Negative
                              130lbs x 15 reps
                              135lbs x 12 reps
                              135lbs x 10 reps
                              135lbs x 10 reps

                              Seated Shrug
                              3 plates per side x 10 reps
                              3 plates per side x 10 reps
                              3 plates per side x 10 reps


                              Finished off with 20 minutes stepmilling.. Awesome motivational workout.

                              Comment


                              • I like this routine!

                                Never seen a side lateral machine...wait is the that one is pin loaded and you raise the handles up from a resting position?

                                That shit is awesome on the "caps", unfortunately haven't seen them here in NC

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X