Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

A 6'8 man's journey to 300 pounds..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 6'8 man's journey to 300 pounds..

Never posted here before, brief intro
    I'm 25.
    Started lifting 5 years ago
    Day 1- was 170 at probably 22% bf
    Couple weeks ago weighed 255 and was probably 12-13%

All time high:
    305 lbs (probably 35%+ bf, dirty bulk gone wrong)

All time low- 225 (probably 14-15%)- this was recent, slacked, took time off from gym and drugs and food. Physique fell to shit

Strength is decent, my best lifts were:
    Incline db 140s x 6
    Squat 455x5
    Dead. 585x3

Haven't been able to dead due to bad back, just recently started squatting again. I'm not nearly as strong as I was in those lifts.

Weighed in today

245 lbs, at 6'8, I'd guess bf at 16-17%.

Let the journey begin!
    (feel free to ask any questions, I'll be happy to answer)

Welcome to the section. SVT03DAL, Austin_Bicep and I are the Forum Leaders here. Let us know if you have any questions.
    Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by NowYourDeadSon View Post
      Never posted here before, brief intro
      I'm 25.
      Started lifting 5 years ago
      Day 1- was 170 at probably 22% bf
      Couple weeks ago weighed 255 and was probably 12-13%

All time high:
      305 lbs (probably 35%+ bf, dirty bulk gone wrong)

All time low- 225 (probably 14-15%)- this was recent, slacked, took time off from gym and drugs and food. Physique fell to shit

Strength is decent, my best lifts were:
      Incline db 140s x 6
      Squat 455x5
      Dead. 585x3

Haven't been able to dead due to bad back, just recently started squatting again. I'm not nearly as strong as I was in those lifts.

Weighed in today

245 lbs, at 6'8, I'd guess bf at 16-17%.

Let the journey begin!
      (feel free to ask any questions, I'll be happy to answer)
      #1 Didn't know you were so young.
      #2 DNP already? Jesus?
      #3 Strong Deads/weak squats
      #4 Get IT!

Comment

Originally posted by danthemanbatman View Post
        #1 Didn't know you were so young.
        #2 DNP already? Jesus?
        #3 Strong Deads/weak squats
        #4 Get IT!
        Yup.. 25
        Dnp..never again, never. Tried it about a year ago, THOUGHT about doing it again, but then my ladyfriend took it and I witnessed the misery I once endured on it..never again.
        Squats aren't a tall man's lift, 455, past paralelle, about an inch away from
        Hitting the safety bar in a standard squat rack, for 5, isn't bad.
        I can't dead anymore, back issue.

Taking 3 days off, Wednesday feb 1 will be hitting HIT and blowing up, enjoyin my time
        Off now

Comment

Pretty strong dude. Were you always naturally a strong guy? How much have your lifts increased over the past 5 years?

Comment

Originally posted by GermaniaK View Post
            Pretty strong dude. Were you always naturally a strong guy? How much have your lifts increased over the past 5 years?
            Thanks man
            Bench..I couldn't even do 95 lbs on a bb bench when I started.. It's a lift I no longer do, but i was training HIT a few weeks ago, and my last week I hit 335x5 on decline. Deads I've always had strength,hit 405 within first 18 months I bet, squats I started really week too, had to build those(I remember still doing 185 for 5..2 years info training). I'll be starting HIT here again real soon, but starting probably 30-40 lbs less than what I worked up to last time, to adjust and get back into the grove of that heavy ass training.

Comment

you are one big strong motherfucker.
              "When I am lifting that is my place where I am in control where I don't have to worry about anyone or anything, the only place where I can be me"-ME

Comment

Originally posted by bigmanb View Post
                you are one big strong motherfucker.
                Thanks man!
                Appreciate it

Oh and like I said, starting HIT again here, might post up am entire workout here or there once I get 365x6 on decline. That's
                My goal, I hit that, and I'll post a video of entire chest workout, start to finish, not edited, they're quick workouts.

Comment

Welcome to the boards man! I really look forward to reading this .

Comment

Welcome to the TJ Section...looking forward to seeing your progress...
                    https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeesMPD
                    https://www.facebook.com/Ripped2ShredsPhysiques

Comment

Originally posted by NowYourDeadSon View Post
                      Thanks man
                      Bench..I couldn't even do 95 lbs on a bb bench when I started.. It's a lift I no longer do, but i was training HIT a few weeks ago, and my last week I hit 335x5 on decline. Deads I've always had strength,hit 405 within first 18 months I bet, squats I started really week too, had to build those(I remember still doing 185 for 5..2 years info training). I'll be starting HIT here again real soon, but starting probably 30-40 lbs less than what I worked up to last time, to adjust and get back into the grove of that heavy ass training.
                      Unreal. That's a pretty big leap forward. Always scary to look back to day 1 and ask yourself, was I really that weak? Can't wait to see how your training goes.

Comment

So I'm back!
                        Took like 10 days off, diet and training, had wisdom teeth removed, got infected dry socket- was out of commission
                        Going to diet keto for 2 weeks then blast.

Day 1- chest bi
                        Doing a HIT/fst-7 blend, my lifts will reflect what I lifted ALONE, before forced reps and negatives with spotter
                        Also, 1 minute rest between all sets, I do 1 warmup, 60 seconds, 1 failure, 60 seconds, next movement warmup, 60 seconds, fail.. Etc, timed with stopwatch.

Decline bb bench- 275x10 (way too easy)
                        Incline db 80x7 (heavier than I suspected)
                        Flat fly 35x10 (way too easy)
                        Fst-7 chest press machine 7 sets of 8-12 with 30 seconds rest, focusing 100% on squeezing and stretching, very slow reps. 135 lbs
                        Hammer curl 75s x 7
                        Preacher curl with 45lb plate per side x 8
                        Ez bar cable curl- fst 7, kept dropping a plate between sets, was getting weak. 80-75-70-65-60-55-50 all 8-12 reps

I also do stretches and exercises for my lower back (spine) that chiro has me doing before every workout and abs after every workout.

Felt good to be back, strength took a huge hit with my time off, but I'll definitely be getting it back quickly
                        Tomorrow is back

Comment

Back
                          Db pullover 115x8
                          Close grip pulldown 170x11
                          Db row 115x8
                          Wide grip cable row 140x11
                          Tried rack pulls, but even 225 hurt my spine, stopped
                          Fst-7 high row hammer str 7x8-12 w/ 45+45+25 per side

These lifts are all with 1 minute rest between sets, and the # listed is the amount of reps I personally failed at, did either forced reps, negatives, or drop sets or rest pause (10 second rest) on all.fuck failure, I
                          Train past it

Good workout, looked thick and vascular and had great pump. Strength obviously still down, last time I did HIT my lifts were significantly higher, 135s for db pullover And row, but hey. I'll be back there

Comment

Good weight on those pullovers. DB pullovers are one of my favorite movements to finish off my back session.
                            https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeesMPD
                            https://www.facebook.com/Ripped2ShredsPhysiques

Comment

Originally posted by SVT03DAL View Post
                              Good weight on those pullovers. DB pullovers are one of my favorite movements to finish off my back session.
                              Keep in mind that's my first lift lol, 115 while I'm
                              Fresh isn't much, no way could I exhaust my back then
                              FINISH with that weight, my arms
                              Would break off.. Kinda why I like hit, go in, hit a heavy movement an exhaust the shit out of the lift, do a couple exercises. 1 set and get out and on with your day, plus I grow more training like that than I do with that 3x8-12 reps type of stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X