Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Power Unlimited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now for todays training. I'm still easing in and getting used to some of the movements. Prime example is the pull-throughs. This was the first time I had ever done them, so I did alot of "warm up" sets to get the hang of them.

Tuesday July 24, 2012
    DE squat/dl
    speed squats 165x10x2
    leg press 4 platesx3x6, 4x1x8
    pull-throughs 8 platesx8, 8 platesx10, 9x10, 10x10 (don't know how much the plates on the stack weigh)
    hanging leg raise 8,8,6,6

Comment

My bands came in today. Just in time for speed bench too, which I will let yall know how it goes in about 2 hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by squatilupuke View Post
        My bands came in today. Just in time for speed bench too, which I will let yall know how it goes in about 2 hrs.
        Nice ~ and don't be afraid to throw up some photos/videos if you ever have the chance!

Comment

Ok, so my first impression of bands is very good. I just used the minis today. Used them in my warm up and on speed bench. What I really like about them is they kept me honest in my speed work, forced me to push hard through the entire lift and not slack off at the top end.

Thursday July 26, 2012
          DE bench
          Speed bench w/ mini bands(only bar weight listed) 105x10x3
          Rolling db tri xten 30x10x3, 30x7
          Rack chins 10, 10, 10, 10
          Side db laterals 20x10x2, 20x12x2
          Ez bar close grip curls 35x12x2, 35x14x2

Comment

Friday July 27, 2012
            ME squat/dl
            Sumo deads 315x1, 320x1, 325x1
            Reverse band good mornings w/ monster minis 245x5, 255x3x5
            Unilateral lying leg curl 20x4x6
            Weighted sit up 35x3x8

Thats the heaviest i've ever gone on good mornings. The bands really kept the strength curve even through the whole lift. I think I'm in love.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
              Thanks. Yeah, I like the EliteFTS stuff. I listened to a Dave Tate podcast a few months back and he was talking about some of the stuff on the site. I'll see if I can find the link to it for you, I'm sure you would find it really interesting. If I can find it I'll post it up in your journal, chur chur JIM.
              http://www.musculardevelopment.com/i...539&Itemid=184

Comment

Awesome, Tate's stuff is gold.

Sunday July 29, 2012
                ME bench
                incline bench 175, 185, missed 190, 175, 180
                Jm press 105x3x5, 105x6
                Pendlay rows 135x4x8
                Db shoulder press 45x2x5, 45x8, 45x6
                Hammer curls 35x2x5, 35x6

Comment

Good session, I wish I could do Pendlay rows. I always cramp up when I do them, last time it was like I had pulled a muscle after doing tem, sore for a day or two.

You had a good weekend? Thanks for the links to the bands, I asked the owner of the Powerlifting facility and he suggested to order through the same site you gave me a link for. So I'll probably end up using them

I normally use lifting large mate. I ordered my suit, wrist & knee wraps through them and they've always been well priced with great customer service.

http://www.liftinglarge.com/

Never had any issues with them at all, Mike is a great guy.

Comment

Yeah I love pendlays, I get so much more out of them than regular bb rows. They also really stretch my hamstrings, so it's like a 2 for 1 deal. Weekend went pretty well. I had to go in saturday to get a little work done but other than that it was chill. Glad I could be of some help, let me know what you think when you get them. I've found them to be invaluable for speed work, some assistance work, warm ups, and prehabilitation. Don't know how I ever trained without them

Comment

Originally posted by squatilupuke View Post
                      Yeah I love pendlays, I get so much more out of them than regular bb rows. They also really stretch my hamstrings, so it's like a 2 for 1 deal. Weekend went pretty well. I had to go in saturday to get a little work done but other than that it was chill. Glad I could be of some help, let me know what you think when you get them. I've found them to be invaluable for speed work, some assistance work, warm ups, and prehabilitation. Don't know how I ever trained without them
                      For sure I will let you know. Appreciate you dropping in on my journal as well, just typed up the last couple of days training & eating, happy to test out the squats again yesterday. Now I have a little more confidence in me that I can start building them up fairly quickly.

Comment

I think my next purchase is gonna be an adjustable squat box
                        http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...&m=PD&pid=3251
                        Theres not really anything in my gym to box squat with except maybe an aerobics step, but that seems kinda sketchy.

Comment

Yeah, commercial gyms suck sometimes. I train mostly at Anytime Fitness, our local PL'ing facility is about 30mins drive from me but it's a fanatstic setup. I don't get to train there as nearly as often as I would like, usually just head there once or twice a month leading up to a meet so I can train with some of the bigger guys.

http://www.eastsidebarbell.co.nz/

Comment

Looks awesome, I actually JUST commented on it in you're log. There actually is a powerlifting club that trains not to far from me, Lowcountry Strength. Their gym is only open during scheduled training sessions though, and due to my work schedule it's impossible to make any of those. It sucks cause I really would love to train in a gym geared toward my interests and with a bunch of like-minded people around.

Comment

Tuesday July 31, 2012
                              DE squat/dl
                              Speed squats w/ monster minis 180x10x2
                              Band pull-throughs w/ monster minis 10, 10, 10, 12
                              Hanging leg raises 8, 8, 8, 8

Squats have been really shitty, I fel like my form is all jacked up. After speed squats my quads where torched, but my hams and glutes felt fine. Not sitting back into the squat enough? Wish I could post a video to get some input, but I just dont have the capability right now.
                              Anyways, i'm thinking maybe I was a little overzealous jumping right into westside after such a long layoff. Maybe I need something thats gonna get me more reps in the competition lifts? Or maybe replace dynamic work with repetition work? I was doing sheiko before my layoff, and my form was on point from that. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Okay, freak outs over, staying the course.

Comment

Working...
                                X