Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

PL Meet Prep!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask the head judge the day of the meet on your deadlift. Touching the bar then walking off may send the wrong signal on the deadlift. USAPL bench should be like this: You'll get the lift off the spotter will remove himself from the platform, the head judge will say "start" you'll lower the bar to your body pause "press" you'll move bar to lockout and hold for a second "rack" and you'll return the bar to the rack.
    413/330/512 1255lbs@220 APF raw

Comment

Thanks DM. I'm working with my friend Doug who will spot me. A lot of guys here know him so we will go over it.

Yes Jim I did
      https://www.facebook.com/leanmuscled

Comment

Originally posted by Diabetic Muscle View Post
        You'll get the lift off the spotter will remove himself from the platform, the head judge will say "start" you'll lower the bar to your body pause "press" you'll move bar to lockout and hold for a second "rack" and you'll return the bar to the rack.
        Yup. Glad the video helped a little too Austin ~ you're at a big advantage as with the weights you're lifting you definately won't be anywhere near first up. So just take notice of what's going on and take in all the commands and how the lifts are run. Wouldn't surprise me if you're one of the last ones to be called.

Comment

Feel pretty good about training tomorrow. Always makes me nervous cause then I have high expectations going into the session. LOL, we'll see how the pressing goes.

oh, and my legs are wrecked from Tuesdays squats and sled.

Comment

Well it was a good day! Some decent floor presses and a LOT of slingshot reps.
            Also trained with a fellow PL competitor today which was a real nice surprise.
            We are hoping to get together every other thurs for some pressing which would be great.
            Weird since he competes equipped and I go raw but it worked out well.

Comment

Good stuff Joe, always good training with someone in the same mindset as yourself.

Comment

Well I'm 8wks out now, strength is on the increase and it's this next month that I need to dig in and up the game.

Tomorrow will be a big session, training with the PL'ing crew at Eastside. Hoping to try for a 400 DL which will be my first time since February. We're also hitting bench so I'll be looking for at least a solid 220. Keen to better my meet PB of 232 this time around, I think I can.

Comment

Yeah Jim, training with Paul was a nice change of pace for sure!

Do you tend to get in more volume when you are further out from the meet? I know I do. Then I cut back a bit as it gets closer.

Comment

Originally posted by tjoe View Post
                    Yeah Jim, training with Paul was a nice change of pace for sure!

Do you tend to get in more volume when you are further out from the meet? I know I do. Then I cut back a bit as it gets closer.
                    Yeah I do, although thinking about it I don't know if that's a conscious thing... just seems to happen that way for some reason lol.

Comment

Here's where I'm at now at 8 weeks out. Pre-WO nutrition (my infamous oats), deficit DL's and then my final set of max deadlifts from last night with big jim from this forum...

Comment

ok so today was great for me.
                        I killed a 500 triple on squats tonight and was only going for 2. But when I did 315 warming up I just knew it would be a good day.

and where the F is Austin??

Comment

Saw your squats man, solid ass work being put in there.

My new slippers and soft suit just turned up in the mail this morning

Comment

Shit just got real, posters are up and registrations are out...

Comment

Paid for the meet today!

Paused 385 on bench...that was big...missed 415...nothing heavy from here on out.

Scared about squats and deads because my glute is pulled...

Well 385 x 2 squat felt like I could have done 8-10 reps....so Im not worried...getting a PVC pipe and rolling this shit everyday.
                              https://www.facebook.com/leanmuscled

Comment

Good stuff Austin!

Comment

Working...
                                X