Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

PL Meet Prep!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good work Austin, good goals for your next one now.

Comment

• So 2 days of eating and I am stuffed. I am guessing I will be over 220 tomorrow morning.
      I must say the one thing I miss most about eating "whatever" is missing my shake with fiber! Man do those make a difference! LOL
      Back on track diet wise tomorrow.

Comment

• sq and dl openers felt ok...

check em out:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81DEX8IOKjU

Comment

• Nice work, both look good for openers.

What are your goal lifts and/or total for this meet?

Comment

• Originally posted by tjoe View Post
            sq and dl openers felt ok...

check em out:
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81DEX8IOKjU
            Can't believe someone clicked 'dislike' on the video. Wanker!

Comment

• I'd be happy with getting an extra 5 pounds on each lift compared to my last meet in the 242s since this time I would be in the 220s. 535-385-655 or better would be awesome. we'll se though...

Comment

• 8 days out...
                Bench opener on Monday and thats about it...
                Just have to rest and watch the scale.

Comment

• did 345 plus chains today.
                  eating carbs event hough i weighed 220.4 this morning. I planned on no carb today, but F it. One more day won't kill me. Then I really have to tighten it up though!

Feel OK today.

Comment

• BAD headache today. Glad I am not training now.
                    Otherwise feel pretty good.

Jim - how goes the prep buddy?

Comment

• How you feeling Joe...getting ready to smash it? Seems so.
                      https://www.facebook.com/leanmuscled

Comment

• I think so.
                        with my diet planned out for the next few days my weight should be no problem.
                        loading up on creatine as well. not that it matters much for 1rm but it certainly won't hurt any.
                        I had a nice nap today to get rid of that headache as well.
                        it's just a matter of trying to stay healthy and rested at this point.

Comment

Jim - how goes the prep buddy?
                          Good (I think). Managed to nail a good 264 ATG squat last night. That's my raw PB in a meet, so with 3.5wks to go I think I am capable of 275 with which I'd be pretty stoked with

Just putting together a video now from last night; I warmed up then hit my planned opener of 220 (felt easy), then went to 242 (felt comfortable) and finished with 264 which was not too bad. I think for the meet I'll do something like:

ATTEMPT 1: 220
                          ATTEMPT 2: 264
                          ATTEMPT 3: 275

Good plan?

Comment

• seems decent. should be pretty confident with that 264 since you just did it.

Comment

I think so.
                              with my diet planned out for the next few days my weight should be no problem.
                              loading up on creatine as well. not that it matters much for 1rm but it certainly won't hurt any.
                              I had a nice nap today to get rid of that headache as well.
                              it's just a matter of trying to stay healthy and rested at this point.
                              Agree. Hope the nap helped with the headache.

FWIW I've been adding 5g of glutamine + 5g creatine into my Post-WO shake, I'm sure it all helps on some level in the long run. What dose are you loading with Joe, you using Micronised mono or just regular?

Comment

• I have a creatine pill. Getting about 10g a day.

Comment

Working...
                                X