Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Sporto's Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sporto's Log

Sporto's DUP Program

Deadlifts
    440X1
    440X1
    440X1
    440X1
    440X1

These felt really light and I was able to explode off the floor. No belt. No straps. No wraps. It was a nice change of pace to lift at a lower intensity for once.

BB Pendlay Rows
    225X15
    275X12
    315X8

I must admit, the last set of 315 was pretty hard to do without the straps. By that time, my grip was pretty tired and I had to throw on the straps and re-do the last 4 reps of the set to make sure I did them with good form. I still count the set as 8 reps and not 12.

DB Shrugs SuperSet DB Rear Raises
    100X15 SS 25X10
    130X12 SS 25X10
    150X10 SS 30X8

Here is where the sweat started steamrolling down my face. At about this time in the workout, I had quite a bit of bloodflow in the back and I felt gi-normous.

Seated Rows SuperSet Reverse Pec Deck
    StackX12 SS 160X12
    Stack+30X10 SS 175X10
    Stack+50X10 SS 190X8

No straps here either, but towards the end it was getting difficult to keep hold. Man, it's amazing how much grip strength I lost by relying on straps all this time. I mean, it's not like I didn't expect it, but I guess I didn't expect that it would have been this much. I love the straps because they allow me to focus on pulling with my elbows to make my back to the movements, but I'm not digging this weak grip strength stuff. Time to man up.

Sporto
    IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
    Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Good to see you posting a lot here man!
    Instagram: Deak007

Comment

Originally posted by deak007 View Post
      Good to see you posting a lot here man!
      Thanks deak! I will try to be more active as much as I can!

Sporto

Comment

Sporto's DUP Program

Cardio
        12 60yd wind sprints

I warmed up with a good 20 minutes of walking uphill, some dynamic stretches, foam rolling, etc. and then knocked out some sprints. Great workout. Only bad thing, weighing the amount that I do does a number on my joints when I sprint LOL.
        More deads tomorrow

Sporto

Comment

I wish i had a better surface to do sprints on... unfortunately due to some Achilles issues at a young age, my ankles and concrete/pavement cardio dont work out too well... and well with it getting cold here in OHIO... the grass might as well be concrete... LOL

Comment

I wish i had a better surface to do sprints on... unfortunately due to some Achilles issues at a young age, my ankles and concrete/pavement cardio dont work out too well... and well with it getting cold here in OHIO... the grass might as well be concrete... LOL
            Yeah, it's the same here in Indiana...I'm just fortunate enough to have access to an indoor track!

Sporto

Comment

Sporto's DUP Program

Deadlifts
              470X1
              470X1
              470X1
              470X1

Again...not heavy yet. My glute/ham area was still pretty tight from sprints yesterday, so I took my time off the floor (instead of exploding off) and lowered down with slow eccentric. No straps, no wraps, no belt.

HS Single Leg Curls
              75X12
              85X12
              95X10

Took it easy on these...glute/ham was tender.

DB Walking Lunges
              100X12
              100X12
              100X12

Not bad...lungs were on fire, but I didn't use straps and felt like my grip got some good work!

HS Seated Calf Raises
              270X10
              270X10
              270X10

A pause for a count at the top, and a pause for a count at the bottom - I want to make sure no momentum is used. Overall a good workout. It was quick, and I got done what a needed to get done...some light fluff work for the legs. More cardio tomorrow!

Sporto

Comment

I take it you are prepping for a show... If so, which one are you prepping for?

Comment

I take it you are prepping for a show... If so, which one are you prepping for?
                  It depends on my wife really...we just had our second child, and now have a 2 year old and a 6 week old. So, everything will depend on if I will be able to devote time to a prep and still handle everything else I have going on (multiple business, investments, rentals, etc.) and still have time to be a good husband and daddy. Time will tell!

Sporto

Comment

Sporto's DUP Program

Deadlifts
                    500X1
                    500X1
                    500X1

Well, I found my current threshold for my grip. With 500, it comes off the floor a little slower, takes a little longer to come up and lock out, and is just heavy enough that my grip can't handle the entire rep just yet. Oh well. I threw the straps on, and the sets actually felt a lot lighter than I thought they would. So on each rep, I lowered it very slowly to get the most out of the eccentric part of the rep.

HS Lat Pull-Downs
                    3p+25psX12
                    4ppsX12
                    4p+25psX10

No straps...was able to hold form solid and lower each rep slowly.

Machine Pull-Downs
                    205X15
                    220X12
                    250X10

Pretty much the same as the last exercise. Grip still held strong and I do feel like it gets good work on these hypertrophy sets.

HS Pullovers
                    180X12
                    270X12
                    320X8

Found the spot where my back was finished LOL. I love this machine...

EZ Preacher Curls
                    115X8
                    115X8
                    115X7

These were WAY heavier than I thought they were going to be!

Seated Incline Curls
                    45X12
                    50X10

The last set was pushing it. I think I had so much blood in my biceps that I could barely flex them up LOL

Sporto

Comment

Sporto's DUP Program

BB Bench Press
                      3 sets of 10-12 reps

Peck Deck
                      3 sets of 10-12 reps

DB Incline Press
                      2 sets of 12 reps

DB Single Arm Lateral Raises
                      2 sets of 10 reps

Machine Lateral Raises
                      2 sets of 10 reps

DB Skull Crushers
                      2 sets of 12 reps

Machine Tricep Extensions
                      2 sets of 12 reps

I don't quite remember the weights I used, but this was primarily an upper body "fluff" maintenance workout. Nothing special. Yesterday was a lazt day of just church, playing with the kids, and football. I have a load of stuff to try and get done, and then it's more deadlifts tonight! It's sick...I actually look forard to these workouts as deadlifts are my favorite lift right now.

Sporto

Comment

Sporto's DUP Program

Deadlifts
                        470X1
                        470X1
                        470X1
                        470X1
                        470X1

It's a good thing these were still easy today. I was running late and had no time to warm-up or stretch! I exploded up with these and lowered them VERY slowly focusing onthe eccentric portion of the movement.

BB Pendlay Rows
                        245X15
                        295X12
                        295X10

Getting stronger! Hopefully soon I will be pounding high reps with 315 with perfect form!

DB Shrugs SuperSet DB Rear Raises
                        100X15 SS 25X10
                        130X12 SS 25X10
                        150X10 SS 30X8

Nothing special...kept weights the same. Forearms were blowing up towards the end without straps...come on grip strength!

Seated Rows SuperSet Reverse Pec Deck
                        StackX12 SS 160X12
                        Stack+30X10 SS 175X10
                        Stack+50X10 SS 190X8

Same thing here. These supplemental lifts might increase as we go, but the main point here is to ration out my CNS to start banging out some massive deadlift PRs!

Sporto

~Weight is down to 225...10lbs more to go before I'm technically not OBESE!

Comment

Sporto - sorry I am late...have had my hands full over the course of the past week due to the birth of my daughter. Anyways, welcome aboard! Myself, The Joker and AustinBicep are your Forum Leaders. Let us know if you need anything...
                          https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeesMPD
                          https://www.facebook.com/Ripped2ShredsPhysiques

Comment

Sporto's DUP Program

Deadlifts
                            500X1
                            500X1
                            500X1
                            500X1

Great work on this workout. A little slow off the floor, but by about mid shin, it came up really fast and strong. Grip was wrecked after set 4 though. I lowered the weight each time very slow. Not much time in between sets as I didn't feel gassed and felt like it wasn't necessary to take any more time.

HS Single Leg Curls
                            75X12
                            100X10
                            125X7

I pushed it a little on these...125 felt good the first few reps, but strength fell off a cliff fast!

DB Walking Lunges
                            100X12
                            100X12
                            100X12

Stayed with this weight and rep scheme. I'm still working on the endurance...my lungs were toast.

HS Leg Extensions
                            75X10
                            100X10
                            100X10

My leg felt a little better (left injured leg) on handling the weight at the bottom without excrutiating pain in the IT band area.

Sporto

~This workout was yesterday. Tonight I did 12 wind sprints at around 55 yards. I was told I was fast for a big thick white dude. Thank you mister 6'8" basketball dude. Thank you. Too bad my knees get a nice pounding when I sprint lol. My legs are already tighteningup in the glute/ham area. Can't wait to see those puppies next time I diet down

Comment

Great work with those deadlifts, impressive! How long are you resting in between each set?
                              Congrats on your new arrival as well, enjoy that baby stage while you can as it goes so fast lol. I've got 2 girls, 4 and 6yrs old. When's the comp that you're getting ready for? JIM

Comment

Working...
                              X