Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Not Another Conjugate Training Log - GermaniaK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not Another Conjugate Training Log - GermaniaK

Dude, is that a DB in your pants?

New thread to log my conjugate training for 2013. Coming off a 14 month 5/3/1 program which I concluded around September. Been playing around since then with this new system and decided to roll with it for the new year.

Quick breakdown - 3 day per week schedule, upper body, lower body with some plyometrics and deadlifting mid week. I'll look to rotate lifts around every 2 to 3 weeks and should be throwing in strongman type training sessions once I get my backyard gear fabricated.

Goals:
    - Keep getting my squat, bench and deadlift up
    - Become a pull up machine
    - Continue to develop my vertical jump
    - Diversify my training (strongman & sport specific)

Current weight sitting at a bloated 219 which will come down the next few days.

Feel free to call me out if I start slacking on my goals! Let's go go go!!

Good shit buddy, I'm in for the ride.

Comment

Wednesday, 26th December 2012

FSR Box Squat
      132 x 2, 154 x 2, 176 x 2
      198 x 2, 220 x 2, 242 x 2
      264 x 2, 286 x 2, 297 x 2
      309 x 2

DE Bench (30-50%)
      88 x 3 x 3 (Close, Wide, Regular)
      110 x 3 x 3 (Close, Wide, Regular)
      132 x 2 x 3 (Close, Wide, Regular)
      154 x 2 x 3 (Close, Wide, Regular)

Power Cleans
      132 x 3 x 3
      154 x 3 x 3
      176 x 1 x 3

Banded Deadlift (EFS 41" Light)
      132 x 2, 176 x 2, 220 x 2
      264 x 2, 309 x 2, 352 x 2
      396 x 2

Pull ups (30), dips (42) & shoulder mobility work

First time deadlifting with bands. Weird exercise and it is a lot tougher to lock out than it seems. I'm not sure how much added resistance was on the bar at the peak but I doubt it would have been more than 40lbs. Slightly pulled my right trapezius in the shoulder insertion on the last rep, but nothing major.

Comment

Good luck with your goals G!
        https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeesMPD
        https://www.facebook.com/Ripped2ShredsPhysiques

Comment

Looking forward to this log G.
          https://www.facebook.com/leanmuscled

Comment

Subscribed!

Comment

Just ordered a package of bands, might have to start hunting for some good vids now as I only have a basic idea of how to use them. Guessing there's millions of ways you can set them up.

Good deadlifting though, all round solid session mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mini Forklift Ⓥ View Post
                Just ordered a package of bands, might have to start hunting for some good vids now as I only have a basic idea of how to use them. Guessing there's millions of ways you can set them up.

Good deadlifting though, all round solid session mate.
                Where did you order them from and how much? Shipping is ridiculous from EFS. I wanted to order the 12" bands for benching but I'm NOT paying $70+ freight charges on a couple of $5 bands... The local products are overpriced as well and they don't provide any details of what resistance is added as the bands stretch out. I might look at ebay, but the brands are sketchy ones so I'm a little concerned about their quality...

Using bands is pretty standard stuff. Just be careful not to overload the bar as a mid-range pair of bands can add a good 40kg to the bar near lockout. Also don't wrap them around a rough surface like on a barbell or dumbbell grip. I'm pretty sure that isn't healthy on the latex. What ever happened to the bands your wife was supposed to get you?

Anyway, this is how I was deadlifting with them. Skip to 2 min for long bands.

Comment

Originally posted by GermaniaK View Post
                  Where did you order them from and how much? Shipping is ridiculous from EFS. I wanted to order the 12" bands for benching but I'm NOT paying $70+ freight charges on a couple of $5 bands... The local products are overpriced as well and they don't provide any details of what resistance is added as the bands stretch out. I might look at ebay, but the brands are sketchy ones so I'm a little concerned about their quality...
                  I looked at EFS and the shipping costs were just stupid ~ for me to get sent out to NZ it would have cost more than the bands themselves ?! Get them from here mate, they have a sale on until midnight 31st Dec:

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...until-31st-Dec

I just ordered a bands package, some smelling salts, a T-Shirt, a Mark Bell Reactive Slingshot, some Titan socks and some elbow wraps and the shipping cost me less than $30 to be sent tracked to NZ. Had an email saying that my order had been shipped in less than an hour as well, Mike is a great guy and I've always had good service from them.

Comment

I looked at EFS and the shipping costs were just stupid ~ for me to get sent out to NZ it would have cost more than the bands themselves ?! Get them from here mate, they have a sale on until midnight 31st Dec:

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...until-31st-Dec

I just ordered a bands package, some smelling salts, a T-Shirt, a Mark Bell Reactive Slingshot, some Titan socks and some elbow wraps and the shipping cost me less than $30 to be sent tracked to NZ. Had an email saying that my order had been shipped in less than an hour as well, Mike is a great guy and I've always had good service from them.
                    Thanks. Price is reasonable enough for me so I'm going to get the black and green pairs of 20" bands. Should cost under $60

Comment

You don't see the discount come up until you go to check out btw

Comment

Did you come up with this programme layout yourself?

Comment

Deadlifts gettin strong

KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!
                          Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
                          Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

Comment

Did you come up with this programme layout yourself?
                            Yeah pretty much. The heavy days were a pretty standard choice. I decided to roll with just one speed work day for a few reasons but the main one being it will let me work some of my exercises a little heavier instead of restricting me to just the lower end of the spectrum for DE work. So in other words I can push some plyo exercises up to as high as 75-80% and not concern myself too much with whether or not I'm going to be able to recover.

Saturday, 29th December 2012

Incline DB Bench
                            44 x 5, 66 x 5, 77 x 5
                            88 x 5, 99 x 3, 110 x 3
                            121 x 5

Barbell Rows
                            132 x 5, 176 x 5, 198 x 5
                            220 x 5, 242 x 5, 264 x 6.5

Close Grip Bench
                            132 x 8, 176 x 8, 198 x 8
                            220 x 8, 242 x 7

Lat Pulldown
                            110 x 5, 140 x 5, 170 x 8
                            200 x 8

Chins (31), dips (44), tate presses, hammer Curls

PR set on the DB pressing. Previous PR I believe was 3 or 4 reps. This set I was getting the DBs down to proper depth and easily had another half rep in me. Close grip benching was done on the decline bench. Very pleased with the 7 reps on 242 lbs.

Comment

Sunday, 30th December 2012

Low Box Squat
                              132 x 5, 176 x 5, 220 x 3
                              242 x 3, 264 x 3, 286 x 3
                              309 x 3

Romanian Deadlift
                              132 x 10, 176 x 10, 220 x 10
                              264 x 10 x2, 264 x 8

Front Squat
                              132 x 5, 176 x 5, 220 x 5
                              264 x 4

Leg Press
                              176 x 20, 264 x 20, 352 x 20
                              440 x 20

Standing leg curl, standing calf raise

I guess you can call this a 50/50 session. Set new PRs on the low box squat and the deadlifts. Was aiming for 5 reps with the 264 on front squats but the bar was choking me and I couldn't suck enough air in to complete a fifth rep, border-lining blacking out. Threw in a couple sets of hack squats as I waited for the leg press to open up. Pretty much from the leg press onwards I felt like I was going to puke. Was meaning to do more calf work as well as some abdominal work but I don't think I could of kept my dinner down.

Tomorrow aiming to get some sand/crushed rocks delivered so I can make a couple heavy sand bags and get this yoke bar setup 80% complete for a little strongman style training in the new year.

Comment

Working...
                              X