Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

The Fatless Bulk: Featuring X Factor and Activate Xtreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fatless Bulk: Featuring X Factor and Activate Xtreme

Intro

I have been sponsored by Molecular Nutrition and Designer Supplements to give a go at using Activate Xtreme in conjunction with X-Factor. I will be running AX at 4 caps/day for the first 30 days and I will be running X-Factor for the full 50 days at 4/caps a day.

About Me

Male
    6'1
    210-215lbs depending on time of day (I will get a first thing in the morning nude weight in the next couple days to establish a base line)
    Bf% 12-14% approx based on bio impedence and the mirror
    Current Best Lifts
    Squat 415lbs
    Deadlift 480lbs
    Bench 305lbs

Goals

I am a competitive bodybuilder and powerlifter and I am in an extended offseason currently, with the long term of goal of stepping on stage with the intention of getting my natural pro card in 2009. To do this I am planning on bringing up my weight to 200lbs in stage condition which would require me to be at 220 @ 9% or 230 @ 13% etc
    I also need to bring up my chest shoulders and back to match my leg size and to offset my naturally wide waist and give me more taper.
    In terms of powerlifting goals I have currently totaled 1200 as a raw natural lifter in the 198-220lb weight class. Squat 415, Bench 305, Deadlift 480. My longterm goal is to reach Elite Status for a Raw Natural in the 220 weight class with a 1551 total.
    So you can see that this stack could definitely help me on that long path, although I'm obviously not expecting a lean mass gain of 15lbs and a 350lbs increase between my big 3 lifts in 50 days lol.

Goals For This Log

However, what I am shooting for during this log is a gain of 2-3lbs/month in terms of bodyweight, shooting for 2lbs a month as I am trying to stay at my same level of leanness, and to get stronger. I would love to get back to my old deadlift max of 495 and my old bench max of 320...only a measely 15lbs on each, I think its doable.
    but the main goal...is to gain muscle without any fat gain whatsoever....achievable? We will find out.
    So to summarize, in 50 days I expect to get stronger, gain 4-5lbs, and not gain an ounce of fat...some of you may think this is low balling the capacities of this stack...but in response I say to you that most people who gain 10lbs are not gaining any more than 5lbs of muscle...and for someone who has been seriously lifting for over 3 years and being ocd about diet and training, my gains have slowed down A LOT, and any attempt at all out bulking results in a fat man, not a bodybuilder looking in the mirror.

The Supporting Cast

My staple supps are as follows
    Orange Triad
    Purple Wraath (lately I have been taking 5-6 scoops a day; 3-4 between meals and 2 during workouts)
    Green Bulge
    Sesaglow now doing just 1 cap/day while on x factor until I run out
    EFA Caps, this is 1.2g/day 400mg of fish oil, flaxseed oil, and borage oil each all mixed up in one cap...I was doing 3.6g/day but now that I'm on X Factor I'm down to 1 cap/day.
    CLA Caps, 3g/day this type of fatty acid isnt anti inflammatory
    Cinnamon and Stevia, I take with most meals that are high in CHO, these are glucose disposal agents, and they are sweet and scrumptious and make cottage cheese worth eating

The Training

I will be revising my training schedule shortly as I just did a peaking cycle for my powerlifting meet on saturday, but in all likelihood it will involve working back, arms, shoulders, calves and chest 2x/week, once/week focused on absolute strength increases, once/week focused on time under tensions and blood volume style hypertrophy training. I also will be working quads, glutes, and hammies once a week, they are my strong point, and this will be primarily focusing on bringing up my deadlift and squat and accessory lifts.
    I will be lifting 5x/week and doing cardio 2x/week on off days.
    I will be doing HIIT 2x/week with a jump rope or sprints depending on how I feel, this will be part of the fatless bulk plan, this will be done on my off days, some off days I also hit calves.
    Oh and I've been hitting it pretty hard lately getting ready for this meet, and my body is pretty "to' back" especially after yesterdays 9 1rm maxes in total plus warm ups...god I love powerlifting...but man does my lower back hate it lol...anyway, I'll be doing a deload for my first week...so things will really start to get going in week 2 as my cals go to 3000 and my training goes to 110% again.

Nutrition

I will actually be more strict on this bulk than I am on most cuts. I track EVERYTHING, except on cheat days....which...while bulking I dont have...because you dont need them to keep cutting progress going...because....you guessed it, you arent cutting when you're bulking.
    Once again, a fatless bulk...this component will hands down be the most important factor to gaining only lean body mass, my dietary discipline.
    I am just coming out of a cutting cycle from which I went to 226 to my current 210-215. I got as low as 2200-2300 kcals, and I spent this last week slowly getting it back up to 2500-2700 and had 2 refeeds...so for the first week of this log I'll be at :
    2750-2800kcals aiming for approx 275g Protein/300g Carbs/55g Fat
    for my second week (unless I actually gain some weight, doubtfull) I'll be at: 3000kcals aiming for approx 275g Protein/320g Carbs/70g Fat
    after a week on this plan I'll see where my weight is at, if I havent budged or have gone down I'll continue increasing until I'm gaining 2-3lbs/month.
    I also keep 2/3 or more of my CHO intake before, during and after my workouts, and the majority of the rest comes at breakfast with smaller amounts in my other two meals of the day. I try to keep fat relatively low when having large carb meals, for example I wont eat more than 10-20g if I am taking in a decent amount of carbs, I keep my fat away from my bigger insulin spikes.

okay...before pictures will be up tomorrow, and I will start my first dosing of both products tomorrow. LETS DO THIS!
    Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Interesting...

Please proceed

Comment

couple more

mo pics
      Attached Files

Comment

Tuesday October 29th Day 1

Intro

Ok first day on, my Activate Xtreme/X Factor stack, and first day of my deload week.
        Trained about 5 clients today and in the middle of work my Aunt who lives in Hawaii called me to say she was coming through here on business for a few days and told me and my wife she was taking us out to dinner! I figured hey this only happens once every couple years, and despite my naggin inner ocd bodybuilder I decided to let her take us out to dinner without me bringing tuperware and I had some appetizers with them and a caesar salad with chicken...and god it was bigger than I had expected...oh well...

Nutrition

164.4 g 113.0 g 50.0 g 1504.6 Cal + Artichoke dip and chips, and huge caesar salad with chicken (1000-1500kcals total I'd guess)

Training

Upper Deload

Pull Ups
        BW x 12 wide grip
        BW x 10 close grip
        BW x 10 hammer grip

DB Chest Press
        100's x 10
        100's x 8
        85's x 8

Hammer Strength Row
        105lbs/side x 12
        105lbs/side x 12
        105lbs/side x 10

Pec Deck
        160lbs x 12
        160lbs x 10
        160lbs x 10

Standing Barbell Military Press
        95lbs x 12
        95lbs x 10
        95lbs x 10

DB Shrugs
        100's x 12
        100's x 12
        100's x 12

Tricep Pushdowns
        60lbs x 12
        70lbs x 12
        70lbs x 10

Alternating DB Curls
        40's x 10
        40's x 8
        35's x 10

Misc
        Feeling good, can't wait to finish this deload and lower calorie week and get to the true bulk of the bulk.

Comment

Wednesday October 30th Day 2

Intro

Well now that I have been offered to get more AX since I am 215 and would benefit from the 6 caps/day, I have increased my dosage to 6 caps
          Today was on off day from the gym, as during this deload week I'll be hitting the gym up tomorrow and the next day, and taking friday off, next week its full speed ahead.

Nutrition

285.0 g 235.4 g 63.6 g 2525.7 Cal off day cals

Training

OFF

Misc

6 caps AX woot!

Comment

Wednesday October 31st Day 3

Intro

Happy Halloween everybody...yeah just realized I had my days messed up...today is wednesday, not yesterday, the day before yesterday was monday...not tuesday...ok I'm good to go now
            Got through today without having any candy, woot!....and then...my cousin, who I havent heard from since he was 17 (hes now 25) has a newborn baby boy and is in town from Eureka and was having a get together at my other cousins house with the whole local fam meeting his son and wife and we all had chinese food...man I dont know what it is with every family member who I've never seen for years visiting within the last couple days...but my nutrition has suffered...I havent been over eating or anything, its just I havent had control...I dont know if my macros are solid, and I've been low balling my cals to make up for these single big eating out meals...anyway, I'll be back in control starting tomorrow, and unless I have some more relatives I havent seen in years decide to pop up within the next 47 days this log should be more controlled lol.
            Hit up my lower body deload today...squats were suprisingly heavy....good thing I'm deloading.

Nutrition

143.6 g 151.4 g 42.0 g 1531.1 Cal (+ approx 1000-1500 kcals of chinese food)

Training

Lower Deload

ATG Squats
            135lbs x 8
            225lbs x 10
            225lbs x 10
            225lbs x 10

Lying Leg Curls
            110lbs x 12
            110lbs x 12
            110lbs x 12

Seated Leg Extensions
            190lbs x 12
            190lbs x 12
            190lbs x 10

Standing Calf Raise
            210lbs x 10
            210lbs x 10
            210lbs x 10

Misc

still dosing 6 caps AX, hoping to feel it kick in pretty soon...really wont be able to tell until next week when I start eating 3k cals and pushing heavy weight again trying to get prs....cant wait.

Comment

good post

Comment

Thursday November 1st Day 4

Intro

Alrighty, back to nailing my macros, still dosing 6 caps a day of AX, 4 caps/day of x factor. Trained clients all day today, snuck in meals between clients. Hit the gym up late and had a fun upper deload workout

Nutrition

279.7 g 298.3 g 54.6 g 2775.0 Cal

Training

Upper Deload

Hang Clean to Push Press
                135lbs x 10
                135lbs x 8
                135lbs x 8

Decline Bench Press
                225lbs x 10
                225lbs x 8
                185lbs x 8

Cable Rows
                180lbs x 12
                180lbs x 10
                180lbs x 8

Close Grip Dips

Close Grip Underhand Lat Pulldowns
                150lbs x 15
                150lbs x 12
                150lbs x 10

DB Lateral Raises
                20's x 12
                20's x 12
                20's x 10

Misc

got a really good pump in the gym today, dosed 2 caps x factor and 2 caps ax beforehand...dont know if that had anything to do with it.

Comment

Days 5, 6, 7

OK so Friday was an off day, I spent the whole day working and in the bay area, saturday I also took off, I was in palo alto watching the Stanford Washington game....stanford lost....*sigh*
                  And today I did my last deload workout, tomorrow will start the beginning of the 3000kcals and new workout schedule, I'll start it off monday with my HIIT jump rope stuff, and some calves and forearms and grip.

Sunday November 4th Day 7

Intro

Alrighty, weekend is coming to a close, still dosing 6/caps a day AX, just got my second bottle yesterday, this means I'll have 40 days on Activate Xtreme...SWEET!
                  4 caps/XF for 50 days. Last deload workout today, hit up a quick lower body workout, and eating is going good.

Nutrition

got about 1500kcals left to eat

Training

Lower Deload

Alternating Barbell Lunges
                  95lbs x 6/leg warm up
                  135lbs x 10/leg
                  135lbs x 10/leg
                  135lbs x 10/leg

Seated Leg Curls
                  70lbs x 5 warm up
                  110lbs x 15
                  130lbs x 12
                  130lbs x 10

Standing BW Sissy Squats

Calf Raises on Leg Press
                  6 plates/side x 20
                  6 plates/side x 15
                  6 plates/side x 12

Misc
                  DOMS kickin in...I know its the X Factor because I'm deloading and I'm sore...never happens.

Comment

Monday November 5th Day 8

Intro

First day on 3000kcals baby! Not as awesome as I'd hoped...lol I dunno what the hell is going on...but I used to be known as the bottomless pit, the glutton, the vacuum etc....now I'm struggling to get down 2500+ cals...and next week I'm going to go to 3200-3500 depending on how much weight I gain if any lol.
                    Anyway, did my grip and cardio session today, tomorrow is some heavy benching I can't wait!

Nutrition

Pro 276g Cho 318g Fat 74g 3042kcals

Training

HIIT Cardio + Grip

Jump Rope Intervals
                    15 minutes

CoC Grippers
                    Trainer x 6 each hand
                    # 1 x 7 each hand
                    # 1 x 6 each hand
                    # 1 x 5 each hand
                    # 1 x 5 each hand

Misc

Wow DOMS is crazy...my glutes are the sorest I can remember them being...from a pittly 3 sets of 10 with 135 on a deload lunge workout...wow. I should be sore as hell when I actually start lifting lol.

Comment

Tuesday November 6th Day 176

Intro
                      And were off! First heavy lifting day in the gym...went quite well And another day of downing 3000 clean cals...man am I tired of oats and tuna.
                      Anywho, kickin ass and taking names, looking forward to pushing this as far as I can weighed in on my highly inaccurate scale at a dry morning weight of 210....we'll use that as a baseline, I'll weigh in next monday dry in the morning and see what my weight is...if it hasnt moved or has gone down we're going to 3500 .

Nutrition
                      264.3 g 312.0 g 70.7 g 2932.8 Cal

Training
                      ME Bench + Assistance

Bench Press
                      135lbs x 8
                      155lbs x 5
                      185lbs x 3
                      225lbs x 1
                      275lbs x 1
                      305lbs x 1 equal to current best
                      285lbs x 2
                      285lbs x 2

275lbs x 2

Standing Military Press
                      155lbs x 6
                      145lbs x 6
                      135lbs x 6

Decline DB Tricep Extensions
                      40's x 7
                      40's x 6
                      40's x 6

Cable RCs
                      External Cross body
                      40lbs x 10
                      40lbs x 8
                      External Upward
                      30lbs x 10
                      30lbs x 8
                      Internal Cross body
                      40lbs x 15
                      Internal Upward
                      30lbs x 15

Misc
                      Ass is still sore from lunges lol....almost gone though....excellent strength today in the gym....lets hope it only gets better

Comment

oops yesterday should say day 9, not 176 lol

Wednesday November 7th Day 10

Intro

Holy mother of god today's workout was BRUTAL. Sore everywhere before I even started....got some PRs, but nearly puked and ended up taking really long rest times after my first 2 exercises....food was REALLY tough today too. I'm being the subject for a coworker's Exercise Science final, meaning that I have to get bloodwork done tomorrow at 10am, with a 12 hour fast....so I'm eating 1000kcals right now post workout to get in my 3000kcals before 10pm....had to bust out the lowfat ice cream just to get it all down....1000kcals of clean food is A LOT of food....and thats with a cup of ice cream.

Nutrition
                        266.3 g 295.0 g 79.5 g 2953.9 Cal

Training
                        ME Squat + Assistance, Medial and Front Delts and Calves Hypertrophy

A1 Squats
                        135lbs x 5
                        225lbs x 5
                        275lbs x 3

325lbs x 5
                        325lbs x 5
                        325lbs x 5
                        325lbs x 5
                        325lbs x 5

B1 Sumo RDLs
                        135lbs x 5

225lbs x 8
                        275lbs x 6
                        295lbs x 6

C1 Standing Calves...calves sore today, couldnt go heavier
                        Rack x 10
                        Rack x 9
                        Rack x 8

C2 Lateral Raises
                        45's x 10
                        45's x 9
                        45's x 8

D1 Adducters
                        190lbs x 10
                        170lbs x 12
                        150lbs x 15

D2 Abducters
                        190lbs x 10
                        170lbs x 12
                        150lbs x 15

D3 Alternating Front Raises
                        50's x 10
                        50's x 9
                        50's x 8

E1 Seated Calf Raises
                        4 plates x 15
                        4 plates + 10 x 14
                        4 plates + 25 x 12

E2 Leaning Unilateral Lateral Raises
                        37.5 x 12
                        37.5 x 10
                        37.5 x 8

Misc
                        need to get to bed...soon after this massive carb crash I should be good to go lol.

Comment

Thursday November 8th Day 11

Intro
                          Ok, woke up this morning and headed over to Sacramento State University and had a mini vial of blood drawn, tomorrow I get to run the treadmill shirtless and find out my blood pressure while exercising, then on the 19th I go through the whole barage of exercise tests...should be a little interesting bit of info for the logs (that is unless my triglycerides or cholesterol are too high and I get DQed out of the testing for safety reasons...that wouldnt look good for AX or XF lol)
                          Great nutrition today, and an awesome workout...but again, felt like I was dying in there lol. I think I got a bit deconditioned during my deload and peak week for my meet...that plus the massive all over body soreness I'm experiencing makes these session intense. Man X Factor is kicking in hard this go around!

Nutrition
                          294.6 g 296.2 g 68.9 g 2951.3 Cal

Training
                          Back, Bis, Rear Delts Hypertrophy

Weighted Pull Ups
                          +25lbs x 11
                          +25lbs x 8
                          BW x 10

Barbell Rows
                          205lbs x 12
                          205lbs x 12
                          205lbs x 12

Barbell Curls
                          115lbs x 8
                          115lbs x 8 last rep a little loose
                          115lbs x 8 lol last rep full blown arnie curl

DB Rows
                          120lbs x 12
                          120lbs x 12
                          120lbs x 10

DB Shrugs (almost forgot to shrug today)
                          120's x 15
                          120's x 15
                          120's x 15

Bent Over Rear Delt Raises
                          45's x 10
                          45's x 10
                          45's x 10 last couple partial reps

EZ Bar Reverse Curl SUPERSET Cable Curls
                          80lbs x 10/80lbs x 10
                          75lbs x 10/70lbs x 10
                          70lbs x 10/60lbs x 10
                          HOLY MOTHER OF PUMP!!!

Misc
                          need to get my conditioning back, sometimes I think my lungs held back my muscles if you understand what I'm saying....well jump rope tomorrow

Comment

Friday November 9th Day 12

Intro
                            Trained a few clients today, and went through a mock VO2 Max test with my coworker. Basically I had to keep going on the treadmill until I couldnt keep going...it was pretty damn hard. That was my cardio for today.
                            Spent the rest of the day in the bay area with some old friends, and eating food, 3000kcals is getting easier, and I actually am finding myself hungry Metabolism is reawakening, so thats good

Nutrition
                            272.3 g 293.9 g 97.9 g 3000.7 Cal

Training
                            Cardio

Treadmill
                            3 minutes Speed 2.0 Incline 1.0
                            3 minutes Speed 4.0 Incline 2.0
                            3 minutes Speed 6.0 Incline 3.0
                            3 minutes Speed 8.0 Incline 4.0 barely made it through this, felt like I was sprinting up hill lol

Misc
                            lots of DOMS in my adducters and hammies today....x factor + first time doing sumo rdls is pretty nasty.

Comment

Working...
                            X