Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

The training of Johnnyblacksails(AKA starting all over)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The training of Johnnyblacksails(AKA starting all over)

Well, with everything going on in my life I let my training fade into nothingness. I have kept up with the world of bodybuilding but I haven't been in the gym for about 4-5 months. This has been bugging the fuck out of me for awhile now but I have made excuses to myself for why I can't get into a gym right now. You know what? Fuck all that! I am ashamed of myself, I worked hard for 2 years to take my body from a way overweight fat guy(5'8 260 lbs, pretty much all fat) to a leaner, very fit person, if not ripped(5'8 158 lbs, fairly defined). I did most of that in the first year with the second year being really devoted to trying to get myself into a good starting point for a competition. And then, for whatever reasons I let it all go. None of them were good enough reasons. Now it is time to take it all back.

As it is I am 177 lbs with a lot of my muscle gains basically gone. I still have decently muscled legs and a decent back but it is all pretty much obscured by the fat I have let myself gain. But for the moment "decent" for me means not as bad off as when I first started a couple years back. So I am off to the gym today for the first time in months and it will truly be like starting from scratch. When I get back home I will post the details of my workout as well as some pictures of the way I am now. These will be the first pictures of myself I have ever posted on here. I will post my workouts daily and photos either weekly or bi-weekly.

Please give me whatever feedback you can as I can use all the help I can get. Here goes nothin!
    Whey Gold Standard by ON
    Animal Pak by Universal
    Animal Pump by Universal

Alright, so day one is complete! I have to say I feel damn good. My weights are small and sad but I expected that. I have a long way to go but damn it felt good to be back at it. Seriously I have had little to no confidence in myself for awhile now and just one day back in the gym has my spirits soaring so damn high! So here was the first day.

Place: Cardinal Fitness, Ft. Wayne Indiana.

Chest/Biceps/Calves

Chest--
    Flat Bench Press: 5 sets x 8 reps. 90lbs. All reps completed.

Incline Dumbell Press: 4 Sets x 8 Reps. 35lb dumbells. All reps completed. Did one set with 20 pounds and realized I could go higher with the poundage.

Dumbell Flyes: 3 Sets x 12 reps. 15Lbs. All reps completed.

Biceps--
    EZ Bar Curls: 4 Sets X 8 reps. 30 Lbs. These were supposed to be with a straight bar but all they had were the EZ Bars aside from the big Olympic bars for benching and squatting and such. All reps completed.

Close Grip EZ Bar Curls: 4 Sets X 8 Reps. 30 Lbs. All reps completed.

Calves--
    Toe Raises with the Angled Leg Press: 4 Sets X 12 Reps. 330Lbs All reps completed. I have always loved working calves.

Seated Calf Raises: 4 Sets x 12 Reps. 70 Lbs. Only did 9 Reps on the last set. I have never gotten the hang of this excercise for some reason. It just feels off to me. I am going to mess with my foot positioning to see if I can fix that.
    Whey Gold Standard by ON
    Animal Pak by Universal
    Animal Pump by Universal

Comment

What do you all think of the training regimen so far? I am thinking another Bicep exercise might need to be added. Overall, today felt like the right pace for a beginner, which I essentially am at the moment.

You know, it is hard to not feel ashamed about the weights I was using today. I know the weights aren't all that matters but they are so far removed from what I was using before. But I will get back to where I was and far surpass it.
      Whey Gold Standard by ON
      Animal Pak by Universal
      Animal Pump by Universal

Comment

Working...
      X