Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Ted's Growth Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 4, 2012 - Morning workout

I was so hungry this morning when I woke up that I had to eat and apple
    on the way into the gym, so this wasn't completely empty stomach.

45 minute warmup with moderate weight and 15 minutes of it was
    on an elliptical

swimming - 40 laps (1 mile) w/ pull buoy. The clock wasn't there so
    I didn't time this one, but the swim session was no longer than an
    hour, I suspect 50 minutes. Took a 30 second break every 10th
    lap. the first 10 laps were really hard, but after that I just
    zoned out and swam the mile.
    Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

• Originally posted by teddy788 View Post
      In the mornings I do train on an empty stomach, when I'm doing cardio right now. Next week, when I move back up to Baltimore and am using a different gym, I'll be lifting more for strength and I'll probably mix up a shake before I go in. The empty stomach cardio has helped me drop weight in the past, so I was using it as a technique again now.
      Got it! That makes sense. My morning cardio sessions are fasted also... but I'm just on a StairMaster. With you doing swimming and spinning (more intense) and even weight training I thought you would need at least something in your stomach. I hate training on an empty stomach. I can never get a pump and sometimes I feel dizzy.

Comment

• Last few days, I've had to eat an apple on the way into the gym. I knew this would eventually happen. When I was off my feet for a few months, my blood sugar had crept up. Now that I'm active again and it's coming down to a normal range, it will be harder for me to do completely fasted cardio in the morning.

Comment

• April 5, 2012 - Morning Workout

felt like crap this morning, really hard time to get going. The inside of my left leg was really achy, felt like lactic acid
          build up. I still have the ulcer on the top of that foot that is healing up. It's possible that was flaring up this morning,
          I've had that happen before. If it persists a couple of days, I'll call Doc and see about getting on anti-biotic for a week.

30 minute warmup - stretching and band work + 15 minute elliptical

Blood Sugar just measured at 130, which isn't horrible. It still needs to come
          down more.

swimming - 1/2 mile (20 laps) no pull buoy this time. Alternated breast stroke and freestyle stroke. About 75% of
          the swim was breast stroke. The kicking in the pool helped the leg feel a little better.

Comment

• Hard to believe you can get in the training that you do in a fasted state ?!

Comment

• I will myself through some of the swims and I am absolutely starving when I get done some mornings

Comment

• Monday, April 9, 2012 - Chest and Back

Had a protein shake before the gym

5 minute warm up on elliptical

Bench Press

3 x 8 x 90lb

Wide grip lat pull down

3 x 8 x 135lb

Hammer Strength Decline Bench

3 x 8 x 180lb

Parallel Grip Assisted Pull Up

3 x 8 x 100lb assist

Hammer Strength Incline Bench

3 x 8 x 90lb

Good Mornings - 1 x 8 x 50lb

1-arm bent db row

3 x 8 x 60s

Crunch machine

3 x 50reps

30 minutes XT20 seated elliptical, arms and legs

Comment

• Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - Morning Cardio

5:45am - 45 minute spin class
                  30 minutes recumbent elliptical - arms and legs.

Comment

• Originally posted by teddy788 View Post
                    I will myself through some of the swims and I am absolutely starving when I get done some mornings
                    That is understandable. What do you eat after the gym?

On a different note, congrats on a successful thesis defense!

Comment

• Training is looking good Ted! Any thoughts on trying an aquabike or finding some folks to relay tri or du with?
                      SnakeBite Racing

Comment

• Originally posted by undermyparapluie View Post
                        That is understandable. What do you eat after the gym?

On a different note, congrats on a successful thesis defense!
                        I usually drink a protein shake after the gym then a couple hours later eat some chicken and a sweet potato

Comment

• I'm back to mostly spin classes and swimming. New gym has 25 yard pool now instead of the 20 yard pool I was used to swimming in. I can feel the difference of the extra 5 yards. Now 40 laps gets me 2000 yards instead of a mile. I'd like to try the aqua bike, but I'm a long way off. I still have an ulcer on the top of my left foot that is closing up, but the one on the bottom of my right foot is completely healed. I really hate these feet. I'll just plug away with my spinning and swimming and see if I can get to the point where I could be healthy enough to enter an event.

Comment

• Good deal. Keep working at it and it'll happen. I've always admired that you've never backed down despite all the foot issues.
                            SnakeBite Racing

Comment

• ok, hopefully this is last foot issue. On friday I went to Dr. cause ulcer on my foot was getting infected. I thought he was going to send me home with antibiotics. Instead, he didnt like the way it looked, so he checked me into hospital for emergency surgery to clean up the wound and perform surgery to fuse toe straight, so it won't rub any more. Long story short, 4 days later I finally get out and I'm off my feet again for 6 more weeks. But this all healing should be the best thing and long term solution for the foot.

Comment

• Wow, another 6wks? Hope you can continue to train around it.

Was wondering how you were getting on with it, hope it starts healing up soon buddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X