Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Ted's Growth Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actually, getting the pins out didn't hurt, it was weird watching them use a power drill to unscrew the big threaded on, felt the vibrations from that. The two little ones were just like pulling straight pins out with a pair of pliers.
    Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

• Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - Morning Cardio

The ride on the spin bike this morning felt great. First day in over a month that I was able to ride with both of my spin shoes on. The clips on the shoes make such a difference in the ride and the workout - 45 minutes, seated endurance, avg 81 rpm, covered almost 16 miles and burned over 500 cals. Tomorrow night, I'm going to sit back in on my first spin class in a while, I'll just have to remain seated the whole time, but it will be fun riding with a group, I missed it. Next tuesday morning, I'll hop back in the pool again and start swimming laps. I'm sure it will be very difficult after such a long time away from it.

Diet today:

Food Name
      Amount
      Unit
      Cals
      Fat (g)
      Carbs (g)
      Prot (g)
      Delete
      Quinoa+Turkey Sausage servinggramskglboz
      Metamucil Metamucil Sugar Free Orange servinggramskglboz
      XL Protein Shake servinggramskglboz
      Omega-3 Egg Quantity not specifiedcup (4.86 eggs)extra largejumbolargemediumsmallgramskglboz
      Shreaded Mozz Cheese servinggramskglboz
      Chicken Breast - grill per oz gramskglboz
      85% Ground Beef servinggramskglboz
      Kraft 2% Cheese Slice serving
      Spinach, raw cupbunchleafbaby leafgramskglboz
      Kale, raw cup, choppedgramskglboz
      Shreaded Mozz Cheese servinggramskglboz
      Salad dressing, KRAFT Ranch Dressing tbspgramskglboz
      Cashew nuts cup, roastedoz (18 kernels)gramskglboz
      Lunch Meat (6 slices) - Turkey Breast servinggramskglboz

Comment

• Teddy, your diet looks great apart from the cheese slice haha !!

Comment

• yeah, well, I've got to give myself a couple treats, and the cheese doesn't add too many carbs. They are made with low fat milk. It's much better then I used to eat.

Comment

• Saturday, June 23, 2012

Weighed in at 215lb this morning,which is lowest I've been in years! Although, cheat meal this afternoon/evening so I'm sure I'll be a little heavier tomorrow, but I really like the progress I've been making. Now, that I can start exercising again with the pins out, the weight should come flying off. I swam laps on Friday morning for the first time in about 10 weeks. Felt good, I was slow, it took me about an hour and 10 minutes to cover 30 laps in a 25 yard pool which put me at 85% of a mile. Not bad for my first time back. I'm sure I'll slowly get better.

Comment

• Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I've been getting my swim workouts in the mornings and I'm noticing progress every day. From the last report it only took me a few days to get up to 2000 yards in about 55 - 60 minutes. This morning I did 10 laps at a warm up pace then, for the next 30 laps I would sprint one length and swim a moderate recovery pace on the return length. During the last few, I had to take a 5 second break at the end of the lap to finish catching my breath from the sprint. It was a really good workout for me. I've gotten my weight down to about 213.5 lb. I'm hoping to hit 210 before mid august. I'm just doing some moderate full body lifting 1 - 2 times a week. I lifted last night after work. I still can't do a ton of weight recovering from toe surgery and some right shoulder strain, but both are coming along well. I was doing squats last night with only 50 lb on the bar, but I was getting parallel to the floor and did 4 sets of 10. I'm trying to cut the fat first, then get stronger later. Still hanging on to a low carb (50 - 100 g a day max) diet keeping the calories at or below 2000. I'm also getting in about 3 spin classes a week after work. I'll be hitting one tonight at 5:30pm.

I found a house to rent in the baltimore area where I work now and will be moving all my stuff the 1st full weekend in August. Then I have to rent my house out. Currently my weekends are spent catching up all the yardwork and packing I wasn't able to do when I got hit with that toe surgery.

Comment

• Nice work with the swimming and your drop in bodyweight mate. I'm sure now you're getting back to normal it will start dropping reasonably quickly.

Comment

• Thanks, I really enjoy watching the scale drop. It's also nice to feel the clothes loosen up too.

Comment

• Monday, July 16, 2012 - Morning Empty Stomach Swim workout

This week I'm working from home, so I'm swimming in a slightly shorter 20 meter pool. I've converted distances to yards for my own convenience, so that I can
                    compare to prior workouts.

10 Minutes warm up and stretching.

60 laps - 40 meters each (This swim workout took me about 1hr and 15 minutes) Warm up, Cool down and every third lap I used a pool buoy. Other than that I alternated
                    freestyle and breast stroke, every other length. I'm slowly getting used to swimming without the pull buoy. I used it to start, but now pulling it out. Each week I plan to use it less. This week, every third lap, next week every 4th lap, etc.

20 meters = 21.87 yards

Warm Up - 132.22 yards
                    FreeStyle w/ pull buoy - 787.32 yards
                    Breast Stroke - 787.32 yards
                    FreeStyle - 787.32 yards
                    Cool Down - 132.22 yards

Total Distance - 2,626.4 yards

Comment

• Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - Morning Empty Stomach Workout

Brick Workout:

Started with 1 hr long tough spin class, a lot of speed work and seated hills.

Followed immediately with swim workout:

Warm Up - 43.74 yds w/ pull bouy

Working sets: Alternating freestyle and breast stroke with each pool length, every 4th lap, use pull buoy.

FreeStyle - 328.05 yds
                      BreastStroke - 328.05 yds
                      FreeStyle w/ pull buoy - 218.70 yds

Cool Down - 43.74 yds w/ pull bouy

Total Distance - 962.28 yards, this swim took me about 30 minutes

Comment

• Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - Morning Empty Stomach Workout

30 minutes stretching and warm up with light weights
                        and elliptical.

Swim workout

1 warm up lap with pull-bouy (43.74 yard)

15 sets consisting of 3 laps alternating free-style and breast stroke,
                        then every 4th lap used pull-bouy for recovery lap

3 x 20 x15 = 984.25 yard free
                        984.25 yard breast
                        656.17 yard pull-bouy

Total 2624.66 yard, working sets - took 1 hr 20 min

1 cool-down lap with pull-bouy (43.74 yard)

Comment

• Thursday, July 19, 2012 - Morning Empty Stomach Workout

30 minutes stretching and warm up with light weights
                          and elliptical.

Swim workout

1 warm up lap with pull-bouy (43.74 yard)

15 sets consisting of 3 laps alternating free-style and breast stroke,
                          then every 4th lap used pull-bouy for recovery lap

3 x 20 x15 = 984.25 yard free
                          984.25 yard breast
                          656.17 yard pull-bouy

Total 2624.66 yard, working sets - took 1 hr 14 min

1 cool-down lap with pull-bouy (43.74 yard)

Comment

• Friday Morning I swam with the gloves on. 50 laps of 40 meters a piece. Alternating breast and free style, using the pull-buoy every 3rd lap. This morning, I swam 60 laps with the pull-buoy the whole time and finished in 1 hr 5 minutes. My arms are still sore from the lifting and all the yard work (cutting down trees with chain saw) yesterday. This is why I used the pull buoy the whole time today, trying to get some of the lactic acid out.

Comment

• Saturday Morning Lifting and Spin Class.

Before the hour spin class at 9:15am, I lifted seriously for the first time in a couple of months. I'm going to follow a program that I found for swim sprinters. The first section of it, which I am starting now is an endurance phase. It is composed of a bunch of super sets with high repetitions. It took me exactly an hour to complete and I am still sore from it (or the yard work, I'm not quite sure)

Super Set #1

Incline Hammer Chest Press - 12 x 70lb, 12 x 70lb, 12 x 70lb
                              Hammer Strength Pull Downs - 12 x 120lb, 12 x 120lb, 12 x 120lb

Super Set # 2

Seated Row - 12 x 120lb, 12 x 120lb, 12 x 120lb
                              Barbell Front Shoulder Raise - 12 x 25lb, 12 x 25lb, 12 x 25lb

Super Set # 3

Rope Push Down - 12 x 90lb, 12 x 90lb, 12 x 90lb
                              Alt DB Curls - 12 x 20s, 12 x 20s, 12 x 20s

Super Set # 4

Wide Grip Lat Pull Down - 12 x 120lb, 12 x 120lb, 12 x 120lb
                              Barbell Step-ups - 12 x 25lb, 12 x 25lb, 12 x 25lb

Super Set # 5

Seated Quad Extension - 12 x 120lb, 12 x 120lb, 12 x 120lb
                              Lying Leg Curl - 12 x 80lb, 12 x 70lb, 12 x 70lb

Super Set # 6

Seated Calf Extension - 12 x 45lb, 12 x 45lb, 12 x 45lb
                              Leg Press - 12 x bodyweight, 12 x bodyweight, 12 x bodyweight

Comment

• I am going to try this new, full-body lifting plan 2 - 3 times a week in addition to my spin and swim workouts. I think adding this type of weight training back into my routine will be very helpful. In this endurance phase there is a 4 week rotation, week 1 is 12 reps, week 2 is 15 reps, week 3 is 20 reps, week 4 is 25 reps. So, I won't be changing the poundages for a month, just the reps. I'll run through 2 months of this for endurance building. The next two months after that is a strengthening phase which is same exercises being super setted, but the weight goes up, the reps drop a little and I get a little more rest between sets. Months 5-6 are a speed phase with the exercises, which stresses doing the exercises at a race pace. When I get there that ought to be fun. I look forward to tracking this program along with my diet and see if it helps me swim faster in the pool.

Comment

Working...
                                X