Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Ted's Growth Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the encouragement! The pool is definitely a good tool for me.
    Try not to let hurdles hold you down because they will always be there.

Comment

• How's the foot now Ted, all healed up?

Comment

• Saturday, November 24, 2012

Lifting:

SLDL:

warmup - 8 x 20lbs
        8 x 90lb
        8 x 90lb
        8 x 90lb

DB Side Lat Raises

8 x 25s
        8 x 25s
        8 x 25s

Squats

Warmup - 8 reps with just the bar
        8 x 90
        8 x 100
        8 x 105
        8 x 100
        8 x 90
        10 x 50

1 - arm DB Row

8 x 70s
        8 x 70s
        8 x 70s

Seated DB Curls

8 x 30s
        8 x 30s
        8 x 30s

Start Trac Dip Machine

10 x 100
        10 x 100
        10 x 100

Spin Bike - 31:17 mins, 11.7 miles, 343 cals, avg rpm - 84, moderate resistance

Swimming

warmup - 2 laps w/ pull buoy
        5 laps slow
        12 sprint repeats, 25 yard sprint, 25 yard recovery
        5 laps slow
        2 laps cool down - breast stroke

Comment

• I've recently worked my week day morning swims up to sets of 10 laps at a time and am now doing between 50 and 60 laps instead of 40.

Comment

• Thursday, December 6, 2012

I lifted for 2 hours on Saturday - full body lifting including squats and sldl

I've worked my morning swim workouts to swimming 2 miles now, including the few warm up and cool down laps I swim. It takes me about an hour and 50 minutes to swim that long currently. I'm swimming my laps in sets of 15 at a time with about a 1 minute rest between sets. Sometimes I have to take a 5 - 10 second breather at the end of the random lap depending on how far into my swim I am. I cover the 1st 15 laps in 20 minutes and can hold that pace through 30 laps then start slowing down.

Comment

• Saturday, December 29, 2012

Weight is now floating between 211 and 212. I was trying to get to 210 by the end of the year, but it looks like I won't hit that til mid January. Not worried though, been making really good progress. Still swimming 2 miles 5 mornings a week and now I only have to take one rest break. I'm swimming 30 laps at a time and I'm getting the whole 2 miles completed in just under 100 minutes. For Christmas I got the leg extension attachment for my powertech bench. It is a very sturdy attachment and makes a really good home gym even better.

Comment

• Monday, December 31, 2012 - Morning Full Body Lifting - Home Gym

Drove to gym this morning for my swim and they are opening late due to holiday. I swear there wasn't sign on door Friday morning, because I looked for it. Oh well. Turned around, went back home and turned it into a lifting morning on my Power tech Bench. I love the fact that I added the leg attachment for Christmas.

(total time: 70 minutes)

Home Gym:

Moderate warmup on spin bike - 10 minutes

DB SLDL:

3 x 8 x 45s

Leg Extensions:

3 x 12 x 100lbs

Lying Leg Curls:

3 x 8 x 50lbs

12 x Bodyweight Lunges
                2 x 8 x 45s DB Squats

1-arm DB Bent Row

3 x 8 x 65s

Bench Press

warmup - 8 x bar
                8 x 135lb
                2 x 8 x 115lb

Tricep Kickbacks

2 x 10 x 10lb

Seated DB Curls

3 x 10 x 25s

Comment

• Happy 2013 mate!

Comment

• Thanks, I'm looking forward to this one being a good one.

Comment

• I'm sure it will mate. Do you have any races planned? How is your foot now, still give you much trouble?

Comment

• Foot is doing pretty well. I don't have a specific race date picked out, but there are a couple of open water events mid summer that I have my eye on. Currently, I'm doing all of my swim workouts in a pool, but there are many open water clinics in my area. I may try an indoor one later this winter then in May, go for a few open water training swims with a local group before I do my first open water swim. From what I've learned there is a significant difference between swimming laps and open water and I want to be prepared. Also, by then I should be getting some bike rides in and there is an aqua-bike event late summer that I may be prepared for.

Comment

• Monday, January 7, 2013 - Morning Swim

PR on swimming distance this morning !!!

I added 5 laps to my recent 2 mile workouts taking me to 3750 yards. I've never swam that far before in one workout. Only a month or so ago, I bumped my mileage up to two miles each morning. Before that, I had only done 2 miles one time and it about killed me. My goal is to get my morning distance up to the Ironman distance of 2.5 miles. I'm going to add 5 additional laps every 2 weeks until I reach the distance. At that pace, I should be at 2.5 miles in 8 more weeks. Then, I'll hold steady at that distance for any time I'm not doing swim drills. The 2.5 will be my long, steady endurance swims.

Comment

• Originally posted by teddy788 View Post
                            Foot is doing pretty well. I don't have a specific race date picked out, but there are a couple of open water events mid summer that I have my eye on. Currently, I'm doing all of my swim workouts in a pool, but there are many open water clinics in my area. I may try an indoor one later this winter then in May, go for a few open water training swims with a local group before I do my first open water swim. From what I've learned there is a significant difference between swimming laps and open water and I want to be prepared. Also, by then I should be getting some bike rides in and there is an aqua-bike event late summer that I may be prepared for.
                            Sounds like a few good options in there Teddy.

Congrats on the swimming PR as well, awesome!

Comment

• Thanks. I need to work with a swim coach to try to get some help with my kick. It's the only way I'm going to get much faster. Other than that, my endurance has been going through the roof. Getting ready to head to the gym for some lifting in a short bit. I weighed in at 211 lb yesterday morning. I'm trying to get down to about 180 lb by mid september. I seem to be on track to do it. As long as I can keep feet healthy so I can stay active I should hit it this time.

Comment

• Saturday, January 12, 2012 - Full Body Lifting

Hammer Strength Bench

10 x 90 lbs
                                3 x 8 x 140lbs (last set hard)
                                8 x 90 lbs

Assisted Wide Grip Pull Up Machine

8 x 70lb assist
                                2 x 8 x 80lb assist

Straight Arm Push Down

3 x 12 x 55lbs

SLDL

2 x 8 x 90lbs
                                6 x 90lbs
                                4 x 90lbs

Squat

warmup - 8 x bar
                                3 x 8 x 110lbs

Hammer Strength Behind Neck Press

10 x 100lbs
                                9 x 100lbs
                                8 x 100lbs

Step Ups

2 x 10 x 45lbs
                                8 x 45lbs

Seated Alternate DB Curls

3 x 8 x 35s

Comment

Working...
                                X