Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Ted's Growth Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teddy788
    replied
    good progress since november. Sugar down, weight already down to 204 which is lowest i've been in years and i'm swimming again,

Leave a comment:

• teddy788
    replied
    Wow, I could almost quote my last entry from the beginning of the year, only a little worse. Not only have I had to deal with commute this year, but I was away on travel most of the year as well. Restaurant food takes its tole and I got even heavier as the year went on. Today is my last business travel day for the year, after this I'm local thankfully. I did put the breaks on and started getting the scale to go back down about a month ago because my blood sugars were starting to get out of hand also. Well, here's to staying local to work and a more consistent healthy lifestyle.

Leave a comment:

• teddy788
    replied
    The commuting last year was really rough on me, never seemed to have time in my schedule to workout. I ballooned up to 230lbs which is the heaviest I've been in 15 years. I just started working out again and dieting strict a couple weeks ago, already down 4 lbs. I'm hoping I can keep a handle on my schedule this year.

Leave a comment:

• teddy788
    replied
    thanks, so many changes in life. I really need to get back into a routine. It's tough when work and commuting take up so much time.

Leave a comment:

• deak007
    replied
    Welcome Back!

Leave a comment:

• teddy788
    replied
    Been a long time since I've posted in here. I thing I'm going to do a little tracking here. I've struggled with some feed issues, but I've gone a year and a half since my last trip to the hospital, so I think I'm good for a while. I need to drop some weight, so far, dropped 4-5 lbs since 1st of the year. Shooting to get down to 180, I'm sitting around 211 now.

Training for a sprint distance triathlon in the spring. Also, need to add a little muscle mass.

Leave a comment:

• teddy788
    replied
    My Fitness Log Totals
    This Month's Totals
    Swimming 1 2:08 2.27 miles (=4,000 yards, =3,658 meters)
    This Year's Totals
    Swimming 24 45:00 50.00 miles (=88,000 yards, =80,467 meters)
    Weights 6 5:33
    Spinning 13 6:09 136.50 miles (=240,240 yards, =219,675 meters)
    Fitness Log Lifetime Totals since Nov 12, 2012
    Swimming 59 96:14 108.66 miles (=191,250 yards, =174,879 meters)
    Weights 10 8:03
    Spinning 15 7:17 159.90 miles (=281,424 yards, =257,334 meters)

Leave a comment:

• teddy788
    replied
    So far, the swim coach cost shouldn't be too bad. From what I'm finding, for a few hundred dollars I can get a handful of individualized sessions. The other option is to join one of the local groups of the U.S. Masters Swim clubs which holds practices every morning around 6am. Coaches are there to work with participants and the cost of that I believe is about $650 for a year. I may wait until work slows down in the summer to start with a swim club.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Good luck with the weight drop, 30lb is a lofty goal to set yourself !!

You going to follow through with getting yourself a swim coach? Are they very expensive? Keep up the good work with the training Teddy, JIM.

Leave a comment:

• teddy788
    replied
    Saturday, January 19, 2013 - Full Body Lifting

Hammer Str. Bench

warmup - 10 x 90lb
    8 x 150lb
    6 x 150lb
    6 x 150lb
    4 x 150lb

Assisted Pullup Machine

8 x 70lb assist
    6 x 70lb assist
    6 x 70lb assist
    4 x 70lb assist

Straight Arm Push Down

6 x 70lbs
    8 x 55lbs
    8 x 55lbs

SLDL

8 x 90lbs
    8 x 90lbs
    8 x 90lbs

Squat

warmup - 10 x bar
    8 x 115lbs
    8 x 115lbs
    8 x 115lbs

Hammer Str. Behind Neck Press

10 x 100lbs
    10 x 100lbs
    10 x 100lbs

Step Ups

6 x 30lbs
    6 x 30lbs
    6 x 30lbs

Seated DB Curls

8 x 40s
    4 x 40s
    4 x 40s
    no rest - 8 x 25s

30 minutes later followed by 50 laps worth of swim drills

Leave a comment:

• teddy788
    replied
    Saturday, January 12, 2012 - Full Body Lifting

Hammer Strength Bench

10 x 90 lbs
    3 x 8 x 140lbs (last set hard)
    8 x 90 lbs

Assisted Wide Grip Pull Up Machine

8 x 70lb assist
    2 x 8 x 80lb assist

Straight Arm Push Down

3 x 12 x 55lbs

SLDL

2 x 8 x 90lbs
    6 x 90lbs
    4 x 90lbs

Squat

warmup - 8 x bar
    3 x 8 x 110lbs

Hammer Strength Behind Neck Press

10 x 100lbs
    9 x 100lbs
    8 x 100lbs

Step Ups

2 x 10 x 45lbs
    8 x 45lbs

Seated Alternate DB Curls

3 x 8 x 35s

Leave a comment:

• teddy788
    replied
    Thanks. I need to work with a swim coach to try to get some help with my kick. It's the only way I'm going to get much faster. Other than that, my endurance has been going through the roof. Getting ready to head to the gym for some lifting in a short bit. I weighed in at 211 lb yesterday morning. I'm trying to get down to about 180 lb by mid september. I seem to be on track to do it. As long as I can keep feet healthy so I can stay active I should hit it this time.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by teddy788 View Post
    Foot is doing pretty well. I don't have a specific race date picked out, but there are a couple of open water events mid summer that I have my eye on. Currently, I'm doing all of my swim workouts in a pool, but there are many open water clinics in my area. I may try an indoor one later this winter then in May, go for a few open water training swims with a local group before I do my first open water swim. From what I've learned there is a significant difference between swimming laps and open water and I want to be prepared. Also, by then I should be getting some bike rides in and there is an aqua-bike event late summer that I may be prepared for.
    Sounds like a few good options in there Teddy.

Congrats on the swimming PR as well, awesome!

Leave a comment:

• teddy788
    replied
    Monday, January 7, 2013 - Morning Swim

PR on swimming distance this morning !!!

I added 5 laps to my recent 2 mile workouts taking me to 3750 yards. I've never swam that far before in one workout. Only a month or so ago, I bumped my mileage up to two miles each morning. Before that, I had only done 2 miles one time and it about killed me. My goal is to get my morning distance up to the Ironman distance of 2.5 miles. I'm going to add 5 additional laps every 2 weeks until I reach the distance. At that pace, I should be at 2.5 miles in 8 more weeks. Then, I'll hold steady at that distance for any time I'm not doing swim drills. The 2.5 will be my long, steady endurance swims.

Leave a comment:

• teddy788
    replied
    Foot is doing pretty well. I don't have a specific race date picked out, but there are a couple of open water events mid summer that I have my eye on. Currently, I'm doing all of my swim workouts in a pool, but there are many open water clinics in my area. I may try an indoor one later this winter then in May, go for a few open water training swims with a local group before I do my first open water swim. From what I've learned there is a significant difference between swimming laps and open water and I want to be prepared. Also, by then I should be getting some bike rides in and there is an aqua-bike event late summer that I may be prepared for.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X