Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Mobsters training diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday lunch
    Clue: do not blast pinch to death one day and expect massive gripper closes the next.

Reason:
    Gripper work
    Usual warm-ups
    L/H: BBGM x VVN, x 1 easy, CoC 3 x 2 x 1 reps, Paul's RB300 x 0, BBE x N, back to Paul's RB300 x 6 x VVN reps (some better than last time)
    R/H: HG350 x 1, CoC 3.5 x 1, BBSE x 1. Then 'easy' 4 x easy rep, Then 4.01 rated 4 x 5 x VVN (no closes), my RB300 x 1, my RB330 x 1 and then 1 more attempt to VVN with the 4.01 rated 4. My RB 300 and 330 felt strangely soft/pillowly after the close. Hard on the sweep I closed both and then strangely easy/soft as they opened.
    2-time 500 word MD essay winner. 4 x British Grip Champ (06,08,09 and '10)

Comment

• Friday am
      Giant set style all three
      Leg Ext
      80-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 7 reps @ negs (2 legs up, one leg down)

Leg Curl
      25-kilos x 8 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps, 60-kilos x 8 reps

Leg Press
      120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 400-kilos x 8 reps, 710-kilos x 8 reps

Comment

• Saturday
        No more training until Tuesday
        Vulcan Gripper work
        Left hand off a tad all bleeding day. Right hand ok but left hand setting for right hand was hard, to the point of micro tears in skin on index finger of left hand. Both hands took a good deal of warming up.
        B/H: L1 x 6 reps, L7 x 3 reps
        L/H: L10 x 1 rep, L13 x 1 rep, L14 x VVN, N, VVN, 1, VVN, VVN, VN, VVN, VVN, N, N, dropped to L13 x VVN, L12 x 2 x 1. Sweep no problem just the last 1-2mm each and every time.
        R/H: L12 x 1 rep, L16 x 1 rep, L18 x VVN, then 8 x 1, VVN, and 2 x 1 reps (10 in total). I need to add a band next time.
        Bwt: (on unit scales) 281.5lbs

Comment

• Monday
          Halifax are cocks was my thought on getting my statement. My bill arrived today. I barely, if ever, use my credit card so was a little taken aback at having a late fee of 12.00 on it. I owe next to nothing on (60 odd). As you can imagine I was all 'what late payment??!!'. Anyway I recalled mislaying the payment envelope so used one of my own and the address at the top of the statement when making the last payment. Now I agree nowts been taken from my bank account etc but I've never missed a payment to the best of my memory and owe them next to nothing so paying 12.00 'late fees' got my goat.

Now in order to argue the toss I have to ring a 0845 number (costing me more money) and wait for a reply, then get transferred and more security questions (how did I get put through without already having jumped through some hoops first??). I hit problem number 2 when she asked for my home number only to tell me it was wrong. I said you've got my London number yet I live in Gloucester and have done for three years. Plus some scammer is hardly gonna ring up to argue a late fee. Good lord.

Anyway they are all 'cancel the cheque' and I'm 'that means I still have a late fee'. Much too'ing and fro'ing and providing I make a payment (just done) I don't have to pay the late fee 'just this once' she says. Given I'll owe them the sum of 38.00 on the next bill I should bleeding well co-co!!

Onwards

CG Bench Programme
          60-kilos x 8 reps
          100-kilos x 6 reps
          127.5-kilos x 6, 5, 6, 6, (1) should have been 60% of 180 which is 126 and (2) on the first three sets I had 2.5-kilos too much on the right side (130 in total) when what I thought was a 2.5-kilo disc turned out to be a 5-kilo disc! Grr

Pullovers
          12p x 8 reps,
          18p x 8 reps
          stack x 8 reps

Bwt: 284.5lbs (in boots)

Comment

• Monday pm
            A good day to pinch. Nuff said.
            2HP
            equ (weighed at 21.7-kilos) x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, then I meant to do plus 75-kilos but it was 80 so plus 80-kilos x 1 rep (101.7-kilos).

This felt good. Solid and locked in tight. I got a sense of the same feeling when I was caning 97.5-kilos for 18 x 1 the other day. With that in mind I carried on.

Plus 82-kilos x 2 x 1 reps, plus 82.5-kilos x 2 x 1 reps, plus 83-kilos (back loaded) x 1 rep, plus 84-kilos x 1 rep, plus 85-kilos x 1 rep (106.7-kilos - a new PB). I was, it seems, on fire. So a moment of madness saw me add 90-kilos for 111.7-kilos total (the gym record is 111.8). Did not budge. But a little less would have gone up. I WILL get 107.5-kilos on November 8th. I might do a 100-kilos total x volume session next time.

Comment

• Tuesday am
              Grippers - torsion
              usual warm ups
              L/H: BBGM x 1 rep, CoC 3 x 2 x 1 reps, Pauls RB300 x 1, VN (ps), 1mm, 1mm, 1, 1e, 1mm, 1, 1, 1, 1, VN. Dropped back to my CoC 3 x 1, 1, VVN (ps), 1
              ps = poor set

R/H: CoC 3 x 1 rep, BBE x 1 rep, CoC 3.5 x 1 rep, BBSE x 1, easy 4 x 1, 4.01 4 x 1(ps), 1, VVVN, VVVN, 1mm, 1, VN, dropped back to easy 4 x 1, 1, 1, and then a solid hold for time.

Comment

• Tuesday pm
                Trained with Craig
                Seated BB press
                50-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 6 reps, 100-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

H/DB Curls
                10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17-kilos @ x 8 reps, 32.5L/35R-kilos @ x 3 x 6 hard reps

TPD
                stack x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 8 reps, plus 50-kilos x 3 x 8 reps

Comment

• Thursday
                  Not Friday as I thought this morning when wondering why my bin had not been emptied. Raps knuckles on the side of my wooden head ha ha

CG Bench
                  60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 127.5-kilos x 7, 8, 8, 7 reps (last set hard)

supersetted with

LPD (V handle)
                  80-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 140-kilos x 3 x 8 reps

Rest, 2nd cup of coffee, then

2HP
                  equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 50-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 2 x 1 (1st was sloppy), plus 80kilos x 1 rep, plus 82.5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 83.5-kilos (105.2) x 1 rep, plus 84.5-kilos (106.2 again) x 1 rep, plus 85.5-kilos (107.2-kilos) x 1 rep, plus 90-kilos (111.8-kilos on video and weighed) x off of floor but not locked out. Tuesday x volume then rest until Saturday.

Comment

• Friday
                    I need to leave a day between gripper/vulcan gripper work and 2 hand pinch. Every time I follow pinch with grippers it's off big style. If I leave it a day I cane the gripper work. That said I'm still working crush hard so that come testing/competition time/whathavetyou there it is.

Vulcan Gripper
                    B/H: L1 x 6 reps @, L7 x 3 reps @.

L/H: L10 x 1 rep, L13 x 1 rep, L14 x 1 rep, VVN, 1, VVN, N, VVN, VVN, VN, VVN, VVN

R/H: L12 x 1 rep, L16 x 1 rep, L18 x VVN, then 3 x 1 reps, added a single rubber band (same as when last used) x VVN, VVN, N Hand shot so stopped.

Comment

• So I went over to the gym this evening to mention how poor old Sam was. Anyway Paul is taping stuff to the baby Inch (a right mess it was as well) rather than, as per my many times offered advice, using a bloody handle.

To prove the point I fetched out Mike's hollow handle brought from eBay. It has the loadable ends, handle, etc as one long but hollow tube. I also used one of the now rather bent 1" bars (from the 2HP) and my old faithful 2.5-inch lightly knurled handle. Add in the collars we use on the pinch (Pullums replicas of the Bulldogs) and away we went.

53 kilos on the hollow, no tilt. Easy. Ditto 70 odd and I think 80 odd or 90 odd (slight tilt). I switched to the bar, handle, etc set up and with Paul's help started piling some weight on. I'd pulled 100 or so easily when he asked what my old PB was (300.1lbs/136+ kilos). 120 plus the set up went so we upped the anti to 130 (286lbs plus the set up) then 140 (308 plus set up). That took a test go then a full go. Finally umming and ahhing and wanting to see where it might go I tried 153-kilos. First pull nothing, second off the floor (see video to come) final (intended to go up high)... nothing. I've done NO thick handled dumbbell training at all for months except to see what I could do, one time, with the millennium a few weeks back.

And I only went over for a chat.

Now as to whether or not Paul listens... I'm not that strong ha ha.

Comment

• Sunday
                        I think the one litre tub of 'specially selected' Asda Rum and Raisin I knocked out last night did not help me today. That and a slightly sore throat had me puking into the kitchen sink while I cleaned my teeth - just one little cough and urrghh that's gross. Still nasty though. The other end wasn't too sharp either with me needing to use the facilities before training legs today. I know I get a little anxious before legs but the idea of touching cloth is different ha ha. Anyways...

Leg Extension
                        80-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos negs x 8 reps @ leg (so up with 2 and down with 1)

Leg Curls
                        25-kilos x 8 reps, 50-kilos x 8 reps, 65-kilos x 8 very hard reps. I'll stay with this for while

Leg Press
                        0-kilos x 12 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 400-kilos x 8 reps (belt on), then the usual style but with 720-kilos x 8 reps. Could have done more.

All giant setted.

Bwt down.

Comment

• Monday
                          Second week (of 8) bench programme
                          CG Bench
                          60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 135-kilos x 5, 6, 6, 6 reps (TGT 4 x 7)

LPD
                          80-kilos x 8 reps, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 145-kilos x 3 x 6 reps

Comment

• Monday pm
                            Pinch tomorrow then nowt but bench and back (for my 8 week prog) Thursday between now and the BHSA event.

Torsion grippers
                            Usual warm ups
                            L/H: BBGM x 1 rep, CoC 3 x 1 rep, Paul's RB300 x 1, 1, 1, VVN, VVN, 1, 1, 1, VVN, 1, 1, 1, 1 (10 reps of 13 attempts). With the RB300, unless I'm having an off day it's all about whether or not I get a good set. On my better days I still get the rep even with a poor set. I also need to look for the next one up.

R/H: HG350 x 1 rep, BBSE x 1 rep, CoC 3.5 x 1 rep, Paul's 'easy' 4 (about 3.6-3.7 'ish), Jim's 4.01 rated 4 x 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, VVN VVN. A couple of the reps may have been touch n go because I cannot see the ends and if merely feels closed (I had no one checking).

Note how 1) training somewhere warm helps, 2) training where there's a crowd (so I HAVE to do well) and 3) no pre-exhausting the grip with pinch etc the session or two before helps.

Comment

• Close ha ha. Anyways as I am editing my own posts Rick can rest easy.

Tuesday
                              Last days grip work this week (I'll do my bench prog session Thursday). As per an earlier post this was a 'fry the hands' session. I trained with zee Loz Mesiter and H. H was using 91.7 and Loz and I a little more. The target was 20 singles.

2HP
                              equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 50-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, then the target weight of plus 78.5-kilos (100.2-kilos or 221lbs total)using a pair of 4-kilo discs we have). I did 19 singles and 2 final failure attempts. The skin on the base of the right thumb had gone at 17. We all tore skin and we all bled a little. Tis the price. The poor more or less straight bar we started out with was NOT straight when we ended the session. It was so bent the weights were touching the floor on both sides

Comment

• Sunday
                                Shoulders and arms. A little worn out after yesterday but time is short so I wanted to get this done. Note that, as before, triceps were off perhaps due to press. But also because I was interviewed for a video during.

Seated Press
                                50-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 8 reps, 102.5-kilos x 4 x 1 reps

DB Curls
                                10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17-kilos@ x 8 reps, 25-kilos @ x 8 reps, 30-kilos @ x 2 or 3 x 8 reps

TPD
                                Stack x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 8 reps, plus 50-kilos x 8 reps.

Comment

Working...
                                X