Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Mobsters training diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday
    Standard bar sumo style double overhand deadlifts (SB) supersetted with thick bar partial deadlifts double overhand in the rack (various heights)(TB) The thick bar was a hollow scaffold pole about 6 feet long. I did not bother with collars.

SB
    60-kilos x 5 reps, 80-kilo x 5 reps, 100-kilos x 1 rep, 140-kilos x 4 x 1 reps**

TB
    40-kilos x 6 reps, 80 x 4 reps, (set bar higher) 120-kilos x 1 rep, 160-kilos x 2 x 1 rep (1 wide grip and 1 narrow - 1 dizzy again), set bar higher again and trying not to let it rest on my nuts did 160-kilos x 1 rep again, 200-kilos x 2 x 1 rep (dizzy on first). I also tried 240-kilos but no go.

** on 2nd rep I was nigh on falling over I was so dizzy. Having staggered around trying not to fall over or bump me head etc I tried again realizing I was holding my breath too long in places hence feeling bolloxed. I also started dropping the bar on standard olympic bar deadlifts as lowering isn't an issue. I was trying, as best is possible, to get my hips down low so my back is flat. Picking the weight up is no problem, getting fully locked out was.
    2-time 500 word MD essay winner. 4 x British Grip Champ (06,08,09 and '10)

Comment

PM
      CG Bench - max
      Gymnation again (my own gym this morning)
      60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x 1 rep, 160-kilos x 4 x 1 reps (last one hard) and back down to 140-kilos x 4 reps (new PB and again last one hard)

Comment

DEADLIFT IS IMPORTANT - REMEMBER TO DO THE DEADLIFT

'so what, fuck them' haha that one should definately be made into a t-shirt! i usually would feel like that but i think it's ok for me to feel like i do cuss it drives me on to do better. When i say 33 total im not counting the one i used at twigs, it was really easy, must have had a duff spring or something, an i did it the wrong way round anyway. Im on about my best on my one, level 17 right, level 16 left, not with card though (just training, not for record). I know it was an easier #4, an a deep set (still more than par), but so what? if daves repping of an easier #4 (with a deeper set/opening up less) deserves credit, then the same should go for me (or anybody else).

we will indeed, an hopefully by then you'll be british AND european champion - i wouldn't put money on it though, some of these guys are good. Grippers, you'll need to get a 7+ total. Looking at 200kg+ total on RT. Pinch 105-110kg. One hand deadlift at the very least 300kg+ total. An the main one for you is obviously the axle, i reckon 200k is a good aim. It's only a 2" bar so you should be able to wrap you're thumb around it good an proper, grip should be good, i think it's just a case of if you can lift it or not. 200kg is not a heavy weight, you look like you could curl half of that..double belted, tight knee wraps, suck the air in, tense the core, squat down sumo style, drive the legs an you should be good >you just need to keep doing it an get the technique down (focus on driving through the heels to get the weight up, then pushing the hips forward to lock it out). Id do more volume if i was you - you only did 15 reps total on the deadlift last session, thats nothing >i would be doing something like this:

bar x 20, +20kg x 15, +40kg x 8, x 8, +60kg x 5, +80kg x 3, +100kg (120kg) 8 x 1, +60kg x 8

75 reps total, 5 times the amount you actually did - this warms the back up better, an gives you a lot more deadlift time, which means better technique, which means better end result

p.s wheres the fuckin core work in this log??

Comment

Core...??? ha ha

Comment

Sunday
            Crappy days deadlifting.
            One hand deadlifts
            B/H: 60-kilos x 5 reps @, 100-kilos x 5 reps @, 132.5-kilos x 6 x 1 reps @.

Monday
            I trained outside in the sun - nice. I also got a visitor to take a photo of me doing the set up and 78-kilos (about 101 ish in total) for a rep.
            2HP @ 44mm
            equ x 8 reps, plus 30-kilos x loads, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 72.5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 75-kilos x 1 rep, plus 78-kilos x 1 rep (see photo), plus 78.5-kilos x 3 x 1 rep, 1 x missed rep, 5 x 1 reps (8 singles in total).

Photo of yours truly outside, sans shoes on a scorching hot day with 78-kilos loaded on to the (approx) 22-kilos set up at 44mm wide.

TLRT
            B/H: 45-kilos x 8 reps @
            L/H: (LP) 80-kilos x 0, 1, 1 reps. 82.5-kilos x 6 x 1 reps
            R.H: (HP) 95-kilos x 1, 1, 1, 0, 1, 1 (slight twinge in wrist), 0, 1, 1,

Comment

SOB!!! Mark Henry mentioned my Millennium dumbbell on MD Radio. How fucking cool is that!

Here's a photo of Mark Henry and me a few years ago (I weighed 250 and he was 405). Followed by two photos. One of Mark pulling the 228lbs Millennium dumbbell (the Inch is 172 and not 177 as he said on the interview) and the other is of me doing the same thing. Indeed I was the first by all of 11 days.

Comment

Oops. He was 395 in the photo but was usually (he said) 405.

Comment

Ironmind have just introduced a new scheme. This one is for shutting their 3.5 gripper. Me like and me want. I'd love to be first.

Comment

Wednesday
                    Played an absolute blinder today. A very, very good session. Following the announcement from Randall Strossen at Ironmind of a new certification scheme for his CoC 3.5 gripper in between sets of pretty much everything else I did today I did single after single (right handed) with Sam Solimi's (a newer model than mine) 3.5 Included was 1 a tad off with a credit card and then later on several very wide closes. Indeed I did not miss a single close. I noted 13 or 14 in total but may have missed a few.

Crush Grippers
                    After warming up in the usual way I worked on CCS and wide closes for the new IM (3.5) cert scheme with my right hand. As above I did at least 13 wide closes. I did an equal amount of attempts with my hard 3 (around 3.29 or thereabouts)

Leg Ext
                    80-kilos x 8 reps, 105-kilos x 8 reps, 155-kilos x 8 reps (stack and 10-kilos added)

Leg Curl
                    25-kilos x 8 reps, 40-kilos x 8 reps, 50-kilos x 4 reps (try adding a 2.5-kilo disc to 45-kilos next time)

Leg Press
                    foot plate x 8 reps @ leg, 120-kilos x 8 reps, 240-kilos x 8 reps, 560-kilos x 8 reps (could have been a tad deeper)

CG Bench
                    60-kilos x 8 reps, 100-kilos x 6 reps, 140-kilos x 3, 3, 3, 5!! Best yet.

Lat Pulldowns
                    70-kilos x 8 reps, 110-kilos x 8 reps, 150-kilos (stack and 10-kilos added)

2HP using 90-kilos disc
                    a few singles to warm up then using the buggered loading pin (the flanged end is broken off and it is a tube rather than solid) we (or rather I did) added 2.5-kilos a time thus: 90+2.5 x 1 rep, 90+5-kilos x 1 rep, plus 7.5-kilos x 1 rep and then adding 1.25-kilos (back load) I did 1 attempt (came up but not enough) x 1 and 1 solid rep. I then took the pin and 8.75-kilos in weights and scaled it at 10.3-kilos. So the last rep was a 90-kilo disc plus 10.3-kilos or 100.3 in total. I think, for now, that as much as anyone has ever done.

RT for fun
                    Sam wasn't done yet so I played around with 80+ on the light pin using a thumbless grip with either hand for a few singles for fun. As you do.

Comment

Thursday
                      Might do some lower back work later

TLRT
                      All light pin at GN
                      B/H: 45-kilos x 8 reps @
                      L/H: 80-kilos x 1 rep, 85-kilos x 5 x 1 reps, 87.5-kilos x 0 reps, 85-kilos x 1, 0, 0 time to stop.
                      R/H: 90-kilos x 2 x 1 rep, 100-kilos x 0, 97.5-kilos x 2 x 1 reps, 98.75-kilos x 1, 1, 0, 0 stopped

Bwt: 20st 2.5lbs

Comment

Friday
                        Hands are still a little fried AND I am now gonna do my deliberate overload sessions leading up to the Euros. So although I started out with some decent attempts I dropped then in favour of hard volume work

Grippers
                        B/H: CoC 1 x 1 rep, HG200 x 1 rep, CoC 2 x 1 rep, HG300 x 1 rep - all both hands

L/H: BBGM x VVN, VVN, 1, VVN - changed to HG300 x 1, then 11 x 2 reps

R/H: CoC 3 x 1 rep, BBE x 1 rep, HG350 x 1 rep, CoC 3.5 x 2 x VVN then changed to BBE x 6 x 1 reps, followed by 7 x 1 with an assist (free hand touches spring)

Comment

Friday PM
                          2HP @ 44mm
                          equ x 6 reps, plus 30-kilos x 3 reps, plus 60-kilos x 1 rep, plus 70-kilos x 1 rep, plus 75-kilos (skipped by 72.5-kilos by accident, didn't do me any harm) x 1 rep, plus 79-kilos (a PB I think) x 7 x 1 reps. It would have been 8 x 1 but the skin at the base of the left thumb peeled back. Looks nice n pink. I then weighed the set up at 102.10-kilos as is.

Comment

Saturday
                            I'll be doing Thick bar deads Monday but as we're off to the team comp tomorrow got my shoulders and arms done today

Seated Press
                            50-kilos x 8 reps, 80-kilos x 6 reps, 110-kilos x 1 rep, 102.5-kilos x 2 x 1 reps (4 x 1 next time)

s/s with

DB Curls
                            10-kilos @ x 8 reps, 17.5-kilos @ x 8 reps, 30-kilos @ x 7 reps (loose)

Tricep Pressdown
                            Stack x 8 reps, plus 25-kilos x 8 reps, plus 50-kilos x 10 reps (PB)

Bwt 20st 1.5lbs

Comment

Some buddies were competing in an event in Ilfracombe, North Devon yesterday called Team Strongman (you work with another buddy).

Here's one of the few photos I took (I was loading and resetting). It's Rob Frampton (back to camera) and one of our lads Laurence Shahlaei working the crowd following the last event (they won all but one):

Comment

I'm pushing my luck with recovery etc at the mo but will be resting tomorrow. I say that as we have a very special guest coming to do grip and I may be required to show him how but will not take it to workout levels. My lower back is v nice and sort and so I need to be careful. That said...

Monday PM
                                GN: I didn't get to use the rack, the bar or the plates I wanted so it was all over the place.
                                CG Bench - max
                                Bar (a thicker than usual bar which I think weighs 22-24? We have one so i need to check what it is) x 8 reps, 20-kilos a side (62-64) x 8 reps, 40-kilos a side (102-104) x 6 reps, 60-kilos e/s (142-144) x 1 rep. Then 70-kilos e/s (162-164) x 1 rep. being sure it was heavier I changed the weight to 67.5-kilos e/s (157-159) x 4 x 1 reps. Not so bad but not easy either. Dropped to 60-kilos e/s (142-144 again) x 3 reps and that was that. I'd wanted more so was a little off.

Bwt: considering I more or less starved yesterday 20st dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X