Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Get Huge Or Get Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/17/2009

Back/Traps

Deadlifts: 2x15(85,95), 1x10(105), 5x5(145), 1x11(95)

Supersets:
    Close Grip Pull Down 4x10(77) - Cable Rows V-Handle 4x10(80)

Bent rows(Wide): 1x13(75), 5x5(95)
    Barbell shrugs: 10,10,10,9(95)

Cardio
    20 min treadmill - interval training (5 min warmup, 2 min sprint, 3 min jog, 5 min cooldown)

Great workout today but exhausting, the back/traps days are hardest at least for me b/c the exercises involve all your body in some way.

Bumped up 10lbs for all sets on my deadlifts & still maxed out my reps. However, I'm going to keep the weight static for next week so I can increase my Superset weight by 10lbs

Maxed out on the Bent Rows & Shrugs so those will be going up by 10lbs next week.

Feeling strong and seeing definition in the back

PS...Saw my first fitness/bber woman at the gym. She was ripped all over, very impressive and a bit of a distraction

Comment

• Nice work in the gym! It's always funny to see who competes at your gym because they all react to prep differently. Some start to show it off as they lean out, others are weird about the whole process and stay covered (me), and the third group doesn't care what anyone thinks! lol
      SnakeBite Racing

Comment

• Thx...it is interesting to see people lifting in the gym. I find myself in the last group of not caring

In my gym we have the following:

A. Older crowd trying to get in shape
        B. Serious bbers - few & far between
        C. Casual crowd who comes in for 20 mins and leaves
        D. Fitness/Lean crowd doing high rep/low weight, abs and tons of cardio.
        E. Newbies starting out in the game with some good knowledge from MD and lots of
        motivation <<<< ME

Comment

• Nice back work!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by connstellation View Post
            Nice work in the gym! It's always funny to see who competes at your gym because they all react to prep differently. Some start to show it off as they lean out, others are weird about the whole process and stay covered (me), and the third group doesn't care what anyone thinks! lol
            I could not help but wear tank tops and sleeveless shirts at the gym when I was 2 weeks out from my show, I had never been that lean! But, I should have Kai Greene'd it and stayed covered up, it helps your thermogenesis. The hotter you are, the more calories you will burn.

I will stay covered up this year coming!
            All Posts are for Entertainment only.

Start a Training Journal Today!

Comment

• Originally posted by BBOY87 View Post
              Nice back work!!!
              Thanks, that's my hardest day for sure but its worth it!

Comment

• 9/18/2009

Bis/Tris

Supersets #1
                Ezbar Curls: 1x20(35),1x15(45),9,8(45)
                Ezbar Skull Crushers: 1x20(35),1x15(45),8,6(45)

Supersets #2
                DB Hammer Curls: 2x20(20),2x10(25) + 5lbs on all
                Rope Pushdowns:
                18,14(50),9,7(60)

Dropsets 3x Concentration Curls/Cable Reverse Pushdowns
                Concentration Curls: 1x8(25), 1x5(20), 1x3(15) - Start @ 20lbs next time
                Cable Reverse Pushdowns: 1x23(60), 1x15(50), 1x13(40) + 10lbs

Gorilla Curls: 13,10,9(25)

Ezbar Reverse Curls: 13,11,8(35)

Abs
                Side Twists: 3x10 each side (10lbs)
                Double Crunch Ups: 3xMax
                ***superset: flutter kicks 3xMax
                Kneeling Cable Crunches: 28,24,21(80lbs)

And some video:

Ezbar Curls & Skull Crushers
                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnCDDGMPD58"]YouTube - GEDC0357[/ame]

Ready to bump up the weights on pretty much all exercises.

Left feeling pumped and in a great mood.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSChopper View Post
                  Thanks, that's my hardest day for sure but its worth it!
                  I just hit back today...I love it almost as much as leg day!

Comment

• Nice training! Are you going to up the weights the next time through? Hope so!
                    SnakeBite Racing

Comment

• Thx...yep Ill be increasing the weight for the Hammer Curls and Reverse Pushdowns...

Comment

• nice work bro keep pushing!!! you are doing awesome!!

Comment

• You are too kind my friend, too kind

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSChopper View Post
                            You are too kind my friend, too kind
                            Not kind, truthful. We don't do bull shit around here. The training journey is one that is a lifelong path and gains are to be celebrated. The reason is that you've made the decision that this thing is for YOU and you alone. It's the best gift you can give yourself because most of us aren't going to be Phil Heath!
                            SnakeBite Racing

Comment

• Thx, I prefer the truth...

And your right about the journals, we motivate each other daily and call on the BS if we find any.

And about Heath, he's amazing, but as long I live up to my expectations which are very high, that's all that matters. Who knows, 5 years down the road I might compete.

The road of life has many paths, some good some bad, its up to me to choose

Comment

• Great attitude! Keep up the great work because each and every year you'll see improvement. Do yourself a favor and keep progress pictures even if the only person who sees them is you. It's a great way to see how things have changed over time.
                                SnakeBite Racing

Comment

Working...
                                X