Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Get Huge Or Get Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AKSChopper View Post
    9/25/2009

Bis/Tris

Supersets #1
    Ezbar Curls: 1x20(35),1x15(45),10,9(55) *PR
    Ezbar Skull Crushers: 1x20(35),1x15(45),9,8(55) *PR

Supersets #2
    DB Hammer Curls: 20,19(25),8,7(35) *PR
    Cable Bar Pushdowns: 2x20(60), 2x10(80) *PR

Dropsets 3x
    Concentration Curls: 1x11(20), 1x4(15), 1x3(10)
    Cable Reverse Pushdowns: 1x19(70), 1x11(60), 1x9(50)

Ezbar Reverse Curls: 20,12,10(35) *PR

Abs
    Reverse Bench Crunches: 33,30,26
    ***superset: Kneeling Cable Crunches (100lbs): 16,14,13

Cardio:
    Stationary Bike: 20 min - 94 rpm, 8 miles

Great workout to finish off week 4. I increased my weights on the curls & skull crushers. Weight increase on DB Hammers & Pushdowns and I think I finally have a good weight figured out for the dropsets. Also got a rep increase on the reverse curls so I"m feeling good.

One thing about the dropsets, I noticed that others are doing rest/pause with I guess is kinda like dropsets with a little more reset between sets?

It seems like after the first set, my arms are destroyed and I can only get 3-4 for the next set. I'm not feeling the pump I was expecting.
    Excellent job today. You and BigBri need to chill on the PRs before you surpass me...

I explained the Rest Pause to you in my thread...as best I could.

Comment

• You have a new nickname...Sniper.
      SnakeBite Racing

Comment

• Originally posted by connstellation View Post
        You have a new nickname...Sniper.
        Aw that makes sense...got my sights on being a crazy bulked up freak

Comment

• Originally posted by KhmerMuscle View Post
          Hey chopper, good going man! For your bi workout I would recommand DB preacher curl. It give you the fullness on that bi! I never left it out on my bi routine. Just a suggestion.

Keep at it man!
          Weird that you mention that, cause I was thinking about replacing the hammer curls with incline bench db or something diff for bis

Do you think preacher curls would be a good replacement in my supersets or a good finisher for my workout?

Comment

• Originally posted by BBOY87 View Post
            Excellent job today. You and BigBri need to chill on the PRs before you surpass me...

I explained the Rest Pause to you in my thread...as best I could.
            Thx bro, I'll check out your response.

Comment

Weird that you mention that, cause I was thinking about replacing the hammer curls with incline bench db or something diff for bis

Do you think preacher curls would be a good replacement in my supersets or a good finisher for my workout?
              It's either or for me but I do like to finish it off.

Comment

• Cool, I'll add that for a finisher, I needed a good burnout, thanks bro, I'll add that in next week.

Comment

• Well, decided to cheat...it's Friday night just got back home.

Brought back some Jack & Coke Zero, just hanging out w/ my baby and playing the interwebs.

Tomorrow morning some cardio to sweat out this booze and torture myself

Comment

• 9/28/2009
                    Legs

Squats: 15,13(100,110), 1x8(120), 3,3,3,2,2(160) 1x12(110)
                    Leg Press: 5x5(270)
                    Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 1x15(95), 8,6,5(135)
                    Standing Calf Raise: 27,21,18(115)

Abs
                    Side Twists: 3x10 (10lbs)
                    Bench Reverse Crunch: 23,21,24
                    Cable Crunch: 26,21,17(100)

Still wasn't 100% from Friday's drinking binge...now that's just sad

Either way, I was able to increase weights on all exercises which was pretty cool. However, by the time I was done w/ abs, I just couldn't do the bike so I'll add that in after I get home from work.

I'm going to keep the weight static for next week since I wasn't able to get the amount I reps I expected on squats & stiff leg deadlifts.

In regards to squats, I'm about sick of using the machine...I'm have a hellva a time getting my footing right. Maybe next week I'll go to rack, but before I do, I'll have to figure out my weight since I guess I might have to go lower in weight since I'm using free weights.

Yeah for PRS

Comment

• nice Pr's bro!!!

lol i did the hangover workout yesterday!!

Good job though.

Comment

• Thx, I'll check your hangover workout...those suckkkkk

I think I'll be taking a break on drinking for a while.

I can't do it like I did when I was 18 in the Marines anymore

Comment

9/28/2009
                          Legs

Squats: 15,13(100,110), 1x8(120), 3,3,3,2,2(160) 1x12(110)
                          Leg Press: 5x5(270)
                          Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 1x15(95), 8,6,5(135)
                          Standing Calf Raise: 27,21,18(115)

Abs
                          Side Twists: 3x10 (10lbs)
                          Bench Reverse Crunch: 23,21,24
                          Cable Crunch: 26,21,17(100)

Still wasn't 100% from Friday's drinking binge...now that's just sad

Either way, I was able to increase weights on all exercises which was pretty cool. However, by the time I was done w/ abs, I just couldn't do the bike so I'll add that in after I get home from work.

I'm going to keep the weight static for next week since I wasn't able to get the amount I reps I expected on squats & stiff leg deadlifts.

In regards to squats, I'm about sick of using the machine...I'm have a hellva a time getting my footing right. Maybe next week I'll go to rack, but before I do, I'll have to figure out my weight since I guess I might have to go lower in weight since I'm using free weights.

Yeah for PRS
                          Nice job, I see we both destroyed wheels today! Are you squating in a smith machine I assume? You really have to put your feet further out so your shins are almost vertical when your thighs hit parallel. You also have to keep your lower back stabilized and rigid, not bent to hell. I like the smith for squats but I've been trying to do free weight to help recruit more muscle fibers. Next leg day on the smith machine squats, put your feet about a foot and a half out from the bar and also put your feet together...then squat and feel the burn. Also wide stance squats on a smith really allow you to squeeze the glutes/hams.

Comment

• Yeah I agree on the stance, it's just a pain to get into right the first few times around

I'll take your advice next time around, unless I switch to BB squats which I'm thinking about doing. Just have to figure out if I need to decrease my weight for those.

Now I know I'm not the only guy on the board who's walking very slowly My legs are jellooo but feels so damn good!

Comment

Yeah I agree on the stance, it's just a pain to get into right the first few times around

I'll take your advice next time around, unless I switch to BB squats which I'm thinking about doing. Just have to figure out if I need to decrease my weight for those.

Now I know I'm not the only guy on the board who's walking very slowly My legs are jellooo but feels so damn good!
                              Does your gym have spray bottles of disinfectant or towels? Get in the smith without any weight and lower into your comfortable stance then either put the towel right at your toes or spray your feet and there will be a perfect outline of where you need to stand (the moisture should stay there long enough for you to finish your sets).

On the BB squats...there's only one way to find out (most likely you will but still.) If you're doing say 225 on smith and failing at 10 and doing 205 on BB and failing at 10...you're still hitting failure, your muscles don't really know weights/numbers/reps. They just know when they've had enough.

The leg workout and the 7th day of keto will always make you walk funny.

Comment

• That's a damn good idea, I was thinking about marking the spot for my feet today...

I give you credit on still doing your full routine and keto...you feel dizzy at all?

Comment

Working...
                                X