Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Get Huge Or Get Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AKSChopper View Post
    That's a damn good idea, I was thinking about marking the spot for my feet today...

I give you credit on still doing your full routine and keto...you feel dizzy at all?
    Dude I feel all kinds of shit during the day. I'm just used to it. It only really happens when I'm sitting still.

Comment

• One thing to add about the Smith Machine...it's actually kinda weird b/c the groove that the bar sits in actually tilts forward about 5 degrees, therefore making it a pain to get foot positioning right.

It's the only machine they have there for squats

Comment

One thing to add about the Smith Machine...it's actually kinda weird b/c the groove that the bar sits in actually tilts forward about 5 degrees, therefore making it a pain to get foot positioning right.

It's the only machine they have there for squats
        The guide rails on the smiths here are slanted backwards (closer to feet, further from back when standing erect.) I prefer that but I've seen smiths that are the opposite. You can simply turn around and try it out that way?

Comment

• Aw I see...no wonder my positioning has been a pain. I guess I'll turn around and try it like the other way.

I kinda would prefer no slant at all.

Like the link below, I've been facing forward with the slant closer to back...

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D63%26um%3D1

I wonder if could use something like this for bench press?

Comment

Aw I see...no wonder my positioning has been a pain. I guess I'll turn around and try it like the other way.

I wonder if could use something like this for bench press?
            Spin around and try it, see how you like it. You can definitely use a smith for benching. I find I can focus a lot more on the move without the looming fear of dropping the bar and smashing my face.

Comment

• Cool, thanks for the input...this will be great for bench b/c I've switch to DB bench because of lack of spotter for regular bench.

Which way would you suggest doing the bench or does it really matter?

Comment

Cool, thanks for the input...this will be great for bench b/c I've switch to DB bench because of lack of spotter for regular bench.

Which way would you suggest doing the bench or does it really matter?
                I would do bench the way you have been doing squats. That way the bar will start above your upper chest and end towards mid/lower chest. I could be wrong though so maybe others will weigh in.

Comment

• Not a fan of the Smith for bench myself. I can never, ever get the positioning right. Lots of pressure build-up in the elbow for me.
                  SnakeBite Racing

Comment

• Yeah I'm kinda fearing that too considering the issues I've had w/ smith squats.

But I'll give it a go and see how it feels. I wish the gym had bench machine with no tilt.

Comment

• Since the rest of my training is on track and looking good, I'm working on putting together a cohesive ab training routine.

Input is appreciated

Warmup
                      Standing Side Twists: 3x10 each side - 10lbs plate

Superset #1
                      Cable Crunches: 3xMax | Bench Flutter Kicks: 3xMax

Superset #2
                      Decline Bench Crunches: 3xMax | Captains Chair Leg Raise: 3xMax

Finisher

Haven't decided yet, thinking of some kinda weighted ab machine?

Comment

• i should probably add more exercises for my abs..i most of the time do swiss ball crun ches or machines crunches

Comment

• Makes sense...right now what I have is mainly for lower abs, the flutter kicks kinda get the whole stomach.

Got some ideas for mid/upper abs and then more obliques? I wanna get the whole deal.

I have about 15-20 min for abs a day
                          Last edited by ZyklonB; September 28, 2009, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Makes sense...right now what I have is mainly for lower abs, the flutter kicks kinda get the whole stomach.

Got some ideas for mid/upper abs and then more obliques? I wanna get the whole deal.

I have about 15-20 for abs a day
                            i actually think the ball crunches hit obliques a lot if i am correct

Comment

• yeah if you rotate to the side I imagine...

Comment

• Finish it off with planks...hold them as long as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X