Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Get Huge Or Get Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice shit rite there

Comment

• 10/15/2009

Back/Traps - Part II

Bent Rows:
      1x15(95), 5x5(135) - 2 sec hold, squeezing shoulders back
      DB Shrugs: 4x10(45) - 2 sec hold slow/easy
      Chinups: 11,9,8(90lbs assist)

Abs:
      Leg Lifts: 32, 25, 18
      Cable Crunches: 25,22,18(120lbs)
      Weighted Ab Crunches Machine: 23,21,18 (120lbs)

Finished up this mornings workout. Felt good

Yeah baby

Comment

• Where do you pull the bar to for bent rows?
        Turn the other cheek and I'll break your fucking chin.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSChopper View Post
          10/15/2009

Back/Traps

Deadlifts: 2x15(115,125), 1x10(135), 4,3,4,3,3(195), 1x9(125) *PR
          Cable Pull Down Wide: 1x15(77), 7,6,5(100)
          Cable Rows Wide: 1x15(70), 7,6,5(90)

Cardio:
          Treadmill: 310 cals/2.25 miles/36 min/4 degree incline/walk,jog,sprint

Had to leave the gym early, work emergency, pissed me off!

Oh well, after I took care of that, knocked out some cardio.

My deadlifts are the best ever, PR time, could have done over 200 but figured no reason to fuck up my back, better to take it slow and focus on form.

I've been doing supersets in my routine for the past month so starting this week, I'm breaking out the supersets into individual exercises.

Tomorrow will be a long workout since I'm going to add in the stuff I missed today - DB Shrugs, Bent Rows & Chins.

Next week I'll break 200 on the deadlifts and post up a video of the whole session.
          Awesome job and awesome mentality...focusing on form now will set you up for great success in the future. I've seen too many people rush into, including myself, and in a way waste a lot of time and potential in the gym. Good job on the PR!!! Going back to the gym for cardio...now that's dedication! Good decision on stopping the supersets for a while, if you look at a lot of my old workouts you'll see I did them for about everything and once I stopped my numbers started going up...instead of hitting 15 reps with 45lbs on some moves I'm hitting 15 with 30 more pounds. Like everyone says, you have to mix it up and keep the body guessing. When you started getting into fitness and nutrition were you smaller and thinner or were you a bigger guy?

Comment

• I think straight sets are the way to go for you right now. I personally think steady progress is both easier to achieve and gauge without the addition of supersets.

Comment

• Originally posted by chasebny View Post
              Where do you pull the bar to for bent rows?
              I pull it tight into my lower stomach right around the belly button.

Bent knees and slight bend in back.

Comment

I think straight sets are the way to go for you right now. I personally think steady progress is both easier to achieve and gauge without the addition of supersets.
                I agree. It was actually one of your posts about, I think but I'm not sure, two truths you accept when it comes to bodybuilding and one of them dealt with progression that got me thinking and starting to straight sets for my main movements.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBOY87 View Post
                  Awesome job and awesome mentality...focusing on form now will set you up for great success in the future. I've seen too many people rush into, including myself, and in a way waste a lot of time and potential in the gym. Good job on the PR!!! Going back to the gym for cardio...now that's dedication! Good decision on stopping the supersets for a while, if you look at a lot of my old workouts you'll see I did them for about everything and once I stopped my numbers started going up...instead of hitting 15 reps with 45lbs on some moves I'm hitting 15 with 30 more pounds. Like everyone says, you have to mix it up and keep the body guessing. When you started getting into fitness and nutrition were you smaller and thinner or were you a bigger guy?
                  Thx bro, I love pushing "big" weight but in the end form rules all.

Keep the body guessing, switch it up and see the results

Comment

I think straight sets are the way to go for you right now. I personally think steady progress is both easier to achieve and gauge without the addition of supersets.
                    I agree, I did supersets for about a month or so and then switch back to straight sets.

Comment

I agree. It was actually one of your posts about, I think but I'm not sure, two truths you accept when it comes to bodybuilding and one of them dealt with progression that got me thinking and starting to straight sets for my main movements.
                      In the end, I think that body building is all about your own body and not listening to others 100%. If you feel your not getting the pump or whatever or gaining like you think you should, then switch it up.

I believe in heavy sets for growth. The supersets were more for cardio and to keep my muscles guessing what I'm doing

Comment

• Damn today has been hell on earth...divorce is a bitch. I don't need the stress...

Comment

Good, I hope its working out for you. Im sticking just about exclusively to SS and a little rest pause.

Originally posted by AKSChopper View Post
                          In the end, I think that body building is all about your own body and not listening to others 100%. If you feel your not getting the pump or whatever or gaining like you think you should, then switch it up.

I believe in heavy sets for growth. The supersets were more for cardio and to keep my muscles guessing what I'm doing

IMO, listening to bodybuilding mags is going to leave you frustrated and stalled out. While yes, form is individual (getting the right pump), gaining strength in effective (for you) exercises, in effective (for you) rep ranges is the overall way to grow. Supersets seem to just muddle the definition of progress for me.

Comment

• Yep you make good points all around, form isn't everything just like lifting heavy weight isn't everything.

A good balance of both is key and effective rep ranges like you mentioned as well.

Comment

• Damn I hate hangovers

Screwed up my gym schedule so I'll be going after work today and sweat that shit in the gym.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSChopper View Post
                                Damn I hate hangovers

What is that? LOL I haven't one in awhile. I think I want to get drunk today.

Comment

Working...
                                X