Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Walking Beast's Journal

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by danthemanbatman View Post
    Yo my boy found these wrist wraps called "Titan High Performance Wrist Wraps 24"...tried 'em out today...EXACTLY what we're looking for. MD.com has em in their store...only $12.99. Bought a pair as soon as I got done at the gym. They're legit as fuck dude. Check em out.
    Nice. Im gonna check those out. That may be my next pair. The animal ones were a waste. Very weak support even when tightened all the way

KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THAT SHIT!!
    Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

Comment

• Originally posted by danthemanbatman View Post
      Yo my boy found these wrist wraps called "Titan High Performance Wrist Wraps 24"...tried 'em out today...EXACTLY what we're looking for. MD.com has em in their store...only $12.99. Bought a pair as soon as I got done at the gym. They're legit as fuck dude. Check em out.
      I have the shorter one I think like 12 inch and they are phenomenal

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by ChrisCatastrophe View Post
        I have the shorter one I think like 12 inch and they are phenomenal

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
        Sounds good. I still havent figured out yet if wrapping wrists is within my benefit. Since I dont really know where the fuck my hand numbness is coming from. I just do it as an extra precaution. Elbow wraps seemed to help though. Im about to outgrow the ones I have again. HOP doesnt have the right size for me. Either too small or two large. Ordering them online is a bitch

KILL THAT SHIT!!

Comment

• Ill post tonights session in here. Since I got some good feedback recently. The sessions will be posted randomly for now. Later I will post pictures when I have new size. Which I plan by mid this year and late this year:

2-8-12 Wednesday Chest and shoulders

Session went much better then expected. Probably heavier then I should have gone given all my injuries. Arms very tender still but not alot of pain while training. Using elbow wraps for the smith inclines seems to make a big difference.

Weird and fucked up thing is that I cant train arms. Or when I try its painful and makes my arms much more tender throughout the week. So Ive been taking a break from that shit. If my arms can get back up to 19 inches without direct work that would be decent. They are 18 1/2 now without training them in a while. Only training twice a week lately. Back day and chest and shoulder day. My arms will have to just grow from the indirect work, or from all the mass I put on my back , chest and delts, maybe they will want to balance out with everything else. I will try to train them light when it feels right. Well see

I am planning to make some large gains this year regardless of training arms or even legs. Legs I havent been able to train lately either. Barely. Because of super tight hamstrings and knee pain. Ill do that when I can as well. Legs have retained most of thier size for some reason

My gut is quite large now too though.

:

(214 lbs after meal at powerhouse scale)

Smith Machine Incline Press: (No stoppers used unless noted. Reps just short of lockout)

135x30 warm (elbow wraps used on the entire smith machine incline press portion)
          225x31
          275x13
          315x6
          335x3
          365x2 (Stoppers used, set just above chest for this)
          365x2 (same)
          365x1 1/2 (same)
          315x4 (no stoppers again)

Dropset: (2 sets, no rest, stoppers not used)

275x8
          225x10
          ----------

Incline Hammer Strength Press: (seat set at the point in "7",Elbow wraps removed for the rest of the session. Very tight and eventually cause more pain. Wrist wraps kept on til end)

180x52 warm (ballistic, just short of lockout as with all reps, rest pause for the last few reps)
          270x18 (same)
          360x9 (same)
          410x5 (regular speed)

DB Laterals

45x35 warm

450x1 1/2 (Slow negative on last rep)

DB laterals

55x30

450x3/4 (just short of lockout, slow negative. With the 450 sets I usually lockout)

DB laterals

70x20

410x5 1/2 (mix between ballistic and regular speed for these 410 sets, cant remember exactly)
          410x5
          410x6

DB Laterals

80x15

410x3
          410x4

DB laterals

60x25

360x9 (ballistic)
          360x3 1/2 (very slow up and down)
          320x4 (same)
          270x6 1/2 (same)

Seated Machine Flies

180x11 (handles held together several seconds on each rep)
          240x7 (same)
          280x11 (Ballistic smashing handles together)
          280x6 (slow holding handles together several seconds each rep)

DB Laterals

90x15
          90x10
          70x17
          70x15
          70x12

I have not taken the tramadol in a week (painkillers). Due to some nausea and trying to cleanse my system a little. Since I take a good deal of caffiene just to stay awake, on my off days, and more on training days. My off days are most of the week now. Only training twice lately

I think I killed the shit today, so I may be using them this week. I have no idea how Im gonna feel until I get out of the gym

KILLLLLL THAT SHIT!!

Comment

• Just some random training posts. Not posting continuously for now but can see some of what Im doing:

2-16-12 thursday (2 scoops super pump 250) (Speed shot at gym)

Trained chest

(213 lbs on powerhouse scale after meal)

Elbow wraps worn almost the entire session this time. Wrist wraps always used til end as well.
            Strength was good considering i missed some meals the last few days with some stress. I
            cut the warm up sets with 225 short and removed 275 set entirely this time. So thats why I was
            stronger on my 300+ sets.

:

Smith Machine Incline Press: (No stoppers used unless noted, just short of lock out)

135x30 warm
            225x15 (warm not to failure)
            315x9
            335x5
            365x3 (with stoppers right above chest)
            335x3
            315x5
            225x22

Hammer Strength Incline Press: (Just short of lockout unless noted)

180x46 (rest pause, ballistic)
            270x24 (same)
            360x11 (same)
            410x6 1/2 (same)
            450x 1 1/2 (locked out and then slow negative at end)
            410x5 (not ballistic, slower)
            360x10 (regular speed)
            360x7 (slower)

DB Lateral

45x30

320x8 on HS incline to finish

Too low energy to hit shoulders today. Training around injuries as usual.

KILL THAT SHIT

Comment

• and the back session prior:

2-13-12 Monday (2 scoops super pump 250)

Trained back.

Very little rest between sets tonight. Lighter training:

(208 lbs after meal at powerhouse scale)

Iso Low Row Hammer strength:

No rest til line:

180x30

into

270x20
              -------

360x10
              410x12

Iso lateral Row Hammerstrength:

270x15 (held contractions)
              360x12 (same)
              410x8 (same)

Iso High row hammer strength

270x15 (held contractions)
              360x10 (same)
              410x6 (same)

Lat Pulldowns

170x15 held contractions
              220x8 same

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothy888
                Glad you were careful not to kill your own shit. If you're out for any length of time, it's only going to piss you off.

That was me a month ago when I was stuck in cardio hell due to a lumbar sprain.

I know how that shit is. I took myself out for 2 years and lost 50+ lbs of muscle. Was down to 155 lbs. Was a nightmare for me personally. My intensity was much more dangerous when not focused into lifting. Its an exorcism for me when I train. It was a slow return that took about 5 years just to get back. Eventually I came back stronger but the destruction I did from the brutality was a huge set back

Later I ruptured two more discs in my spine, during my return which I didnt really notice. It was the nerve damage in my arms with numb hands and inflamed joints all around, tendons, etc that became more challenging. I took time off though and shit didnt heal. My back did, but not this nerve damage and inflammation.

When I train now Im just thankful for each session I survive. Since I am not willing to train too light or at a lower intensity. I am just using more techniques to get creative. Since I know I do not have the restraint to not test my limits. Supersets, dropsets, less rest between sets, pre exhaustion, rest pause, slower reps, holding contractions, negative during normal sets, anything to keep shit rollin

Sometimes you need healing time. For me it has to be absolutely neccesary however. The mental toll it takes is not usually worth it for me to discontinue, even with pain. Just learn to adapt and train around shit best I can. And take a few weeks or months off if absolutely must

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT!!

Comment

• Still training three times a week mostly. Legs traning has still been on hold. Hamstrings tight as fuck for months now and knee issues. I am going to hit them again though, but most likely at a time when my hormones are peaked enough to take full advantage of the training.

Despite feeling increased illness and all the strains I am still sending out a signal:

Right shoulder still has some sprain. Ive been mostly sleeping on the other side to let it

heal. So I pushed it hard considering I should have gone lighter. Still maxed on smith after

some high rep sets

Appetite is overall still very bad. Will get the endoscopy on 28th.:

(215 lbs after meal at powerhouse gym)

Incline Smith Machine Press: (Elbow and wrist wraps used for all chest work)

135x30 (stoppers used)
                  225x32 (stoppers used, seeing how shoulder reacts)
                  275x15 (same, set right above chest at lowest setting like usual)
                  315x6 (same)
                  335x3 (No stoppers on this one, just short of lockout til end)
                  375x1 (Possible PR for strict reps, with no stoppers)
                  380x (FAIL, no stoppers)
                  315x4 (No stoppers, bar was up a little high)
                  275x9 (same)

Hammer Strength Incline Press:

180x57 (just short of lockout, brief rest pauses at end, possible PR)
                  270x25 (Brief rest pauses, same)
                  360x9 (same)
                  410x5 (same)
                  450x1 1/2 (slow negatives, first rep locked out)
                  410x4 (with slow negatives)
                  360x5 (same)

DB lateral Raises

45x25
                  50x20
                  60x20
                  60x18
                  70x12
                  55x20
                  60x15
                  75x10
                  70x10
                  50x15
                  50x15
                  60x15

Seated ab crunch machine

200x50
                  200x55
                  200x50

Training back today. Will possibly post consistant routines when I am back in full BEAST mode and beyond

Some of these smith PRs are mainly because most of my maxing and heavy work was done with free weight benches and inclines, and smith has always been secondary. So I dont really have fresh records to contend against. Now if you notice, no more flat benching (at the moment) , all incline work with machines. That is to minimize strains and also dont need spotters.

My lower and mid chest has decent mass, but upper is what needs the most work.

KILLLLLL THAT SHIT!!

Comment

• Just got an endoscopy done. Hiatus hernia was found in the esophagus, ulcer in the duodenum (whatever the fuck that is) and gastritis. IBS I was diagnosed many years ago. Slow digestion has always been an issue thats hindered size gains, made eating a bitch. Never make excuses though, just look for solutions.

So I am interested in anyones feedback who has experience with the hiatus hernia specifically. To know if training heavy will cause anything major or fatal. No plans to stop training obviously but is always good to understand what Im dealing with. Have yet to consult the doc regarding the results. Its predictable that for any ailment they will tell you to stop lifting. Have been down that road before. Thats why Im looking for feedback from lifters

The ulcer I will try to heal with meds.

KILLLLL THAT SHIT!!

Comment

• Posting another random session. Still training back and arms too, just not posting lately:

3-30-12

Trained chest,shoulders,traps and 20 mins cardio.
                      ate:

Starting new med today. Omeprazole, some med for ulcer bacteria. Will run it and see what

happens.

Tightness in upper abs , chest after procedure. Decided to train anyway. Need to find out more

about these issues. I assume ive had this hiatus hernia for a while since Ive had this upper

tightness for a while. The ulcer I think is what has gotten worse. I will talk to the doc on

april 9th.
                      \
                      Did go lighter overall. THough not much

(211 lbs after nights meals, very little food lately. Powerhouse scale)

Incline Smith Machine Press: (No stoppers used, reps just short of lockout til end)

135x30
                      225x33
                      275x12
                      315x5
                      315x3 (careful today not to bounce off chest)

Dropset: (no rest between sets)

275x8
                      225x8
                      185x8
                      ----

Incline Hammer Strength Press: (reps just short of lockout, all the way down as usual lately)

180x61 (possible PR)
                      270x29 (with brief rest pauses towards end)
                      410x7 1/2 (skipped 360 on the way up.)
                      410x5
                      410x6
                      360x10

Dropset: (no rest til line, estimates may be off on last few sets)

360x10
                      320x5
                      270x8
                      180x6
                      180x4
                      180x3
                      ---------

Seated Machine Fly:

180x12 (holds and slow)
                      280x8 (faster)
                      280x10
                      280x11 (same and same)

DB Laterals

45x35
                      60x23

superset:

70x17

into

70x15 shrugs
                      ----

Same:

80x10

into

80x15 shrugs
                      --------

Icarian Shoulder Press (pin loaded)

150x20 (palms facing forward)
                      210x7 (palms facing eachother)
                      210x10 (same grip)

DB lateral raises

100x8

into

100x15 shrugs without rest

--------

Same superset

80x10

into

80x15 shrugs

-------

20 mins cardio

KILL SHIT

Comment

• 5-23-12

Currently around 224 fully fed and clothed, 221 in the pics. Arms now back around 18 1/2 cold, but still 1/2 an inch short of where they were. Delts , back and chest definately still down. Chest measurement down to about 50 1/2 down from 52. I was clean for about 8 months though. Traps way down. Havent trained them direct in many months. Just starting to hit them again.

Shit is now getting back on track despite injuries. Within the next 8 months Im expecting some very large size gains. Eating cleaner but in higher quantities. So the gains may not be too lean. Just want to add mass now. Even though gut is large.

At the very least I should break 230 within the next 3 months. Training has made alot of changes, adapting around all these injuries but can never train low intensity.

Ill post the occasional session in here. Currently doing 20 mins cardio almost daily.

KILLLLLL THAT SHIT

Comment

• Hit 226 last night on full stomach. Training some chest later this morning. The routine is mainly smith incline presses to start. Just short of lockout reps (no stoppers). Then hammer strength incline presses. Last week I tried hammer strength bench press machine too. Have to put two plates under the arms so I can fit under the handles properly. Was a decent contraction.

I havent flat benched in months. Mainly all incline work. I have enough size on my mid chest. Upper chest is still lacking compared to where its been in the past. Like the smith machine since I dont need spotters to push to failure on it.

I may do chest and back together like I did last week. Since my back exercises are very limited now with these shoulder strains. Mainly right shoulder. Back training is definately limited now.

Mostly the routine has been one body part daily aside from arms day. 20 mins of cardio after each session and 20 mins on non training days as well. Cleaner foods now like hardboiled eggs, tuna, grits, oats, egg whites, etc. So that the gains are more quality overall.

Protein average is only around 200 daily. Which is a number that has always worked for me in the past to make gains. Overall calories being the main concern for growth. Now with my slower metabolism I dont need near as much food to make gains. I had some issues like a possible ulcer and a hiatal hernia and some other issues which set me back some, while i needed time to adjust and work around them. Over time I get accustomed to shit and learn how to deal with it and move forward. My eating is finally back to where it should be again. It was way down with all the nausea, acid and digestive issues. Omneprozone seems to help with acid to some degree as well

KILL THAT SHIT

Comment

• Good work on overcoming the obstacles you face and pushing on...that's what life is all about, whether in the gym or out

Comment

• Originally posted by MURDERBEAST View Post
                              Good work on overcoming the obstacles you face and pushing on...that's what life is all about, whether in the gym or out
                              Always

Its a decent starting point now to put on some good size

KILLLLLLLLLL THAT SHIT!!

Comment

• hell yeah, add on that lean mass, that's what it's all about!

how many kcals are you eating these days?

Comment

Working...
                                X