Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Walking Beast's Journal

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MURDERBEAST View Post
    hell yeah, add on that lean mass, that's what it's all about!

    how many kcals are you eating these days?
    I stopped counting a while ago. I just eat around 200 protein and try to take in carbs with most of my meals, about 4 to 6 meals. Plus alot of soymilk between meals. Hardboiled eggs, rice, tuna, oatmeal basically. I try to get down a meal whenever possible

    I would estimate in the 4000's. Some days mid 3's or lower

    KILL THAT SHIT
    Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

    Comment


    • Not back to full posting but an occasional session here and there and some update pictures as I break some previous size and strength limits

      Tricep strength starting to return. Biceps strained as hell still, so nothing heavy with those. Everything very strict without momentum.

      Pressdowns done with elbows reaching 90 degrees then back down:


      (222 lbs after previous nights meals on powerhouse scale)



      Alt DB curls

      35x15
      40x15
      45x11
      50x10

      EZ Bar curls

      90x10
      80x12
      80x15

      DB style cable curls

      60x20
      80x12
      80x20

      DB Hammer CUrls

      45x12
      50x10
      40x12

      EZ Bar curl

      90x20


      Superset (no rest)

      dumbbell hammer curl

      35x12

      into

      35x3 alt db
      -------

      Curved bar Pressdowns

      70x90
      120x40
      150x40


      Alt db curls superset (no rest

      35x7

      into

      35x5 hammer curls

      -----
      Curved bar pressdowns

      195x35 (45 added to stack)
      220x22
      240x12 (2 45s added)
      240x17

      Alt db curls

      35x15

      Curved bar pressdowns

      240x15

      Wide Vbar pressdowns

      150x15
      150x12

      (all pressdowns done strict style)

      Alt db curls supersetted with hammers (no rest)

      40x12

      into

      40x3 hammers
      ----------

      Same

      35x12

      into

      35x5 hammers

      -----------

      Alt db curls

      35x8

      20 mins cardio


      KILL SHIT
      Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
      Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

      Comment


      • Another random session post. Will likely hit arms on sunday and thats it for this week. Just two days to maintain somewhat around the strains.:

        Trained chest and back, brief shoulders.


        Hit some new records on the machines with chest. Shoulder was bad this week, everything hurt, forearms tender, etc. I was going to take this week off. Upper back has some strain too in the herniated discs area.


        I hit some super light back after chest. Then during shoulders got some left shoulder strain and stopped it.:




        (224 lbs after meal at powerhouse)






        Incline Smith Machine Presses (no stoppers used, just short of lockout mostly)


        135x30 warm
        225x41
        270x19
        315x11 (unsure if any of these 3 sets are PRs for strict incline presses, possibly)


        Hammer Strength Incline Press


        180x73 (brief rest pauses on most sets, PR)
        270x32 (unsure if PR, maybe)
        360x16
        410x11 (possible PR, last rep is a full negative)
        360x5 (slow, this was the only non ballistic set today)


        Iso High Row Hammer Strength


        (all contractions held for several seconds)


        180x15
        270x10
        270x10
        270x10
        270x8
        270x9
        270x8
        270x8


        Lat Pulldowns (all reps held for several seocnds)


        150x10
        170x8
        170x8
        170x8


        Dual Axis Cybex Pulldowns (reps held for several seconds)


        Close grip, palms facing eachother


        9x15
        13x15
        15x9
        15x7
        15x7
        14x7


        DB Laterals


        25x30
        40x25


        Left shoulder strained, popped. Finished



        Havent started my 8 month heavy bulking period yet. So right now is like a before phase. Should break new size and strength records during that phase



        KILL THAT SHIT
        Last edited by Walking Beast; June 7, 2012, 08:54 PM.
        Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
        Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

        Comment


        • Light chest training today. Shoulders were fucked up and upper spine, so took last week off.


          Just hit 231 a few days ago. 240 should easily fall this year. Maybe close to 250. 250 definately by next year if not this year. I am just massing the fuck up for now. Dont care about being lean. Been getting much stronger with the added weight but now im training light and stricter. Chest back to around 52, arms 18 3/4, legs 28 cold. Traps took a major hit. Dont know if i can train them directly for a while with these rotator issues. So I train what I can to keep shit rollin :




          Back into growth mode again. Alot of fucking injuries but SHIT MUST DIE

          KILLLLLLL THAT SHIT!!
          Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
          Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

          Comment


          • Welcome back dude! Had not seen you on in a while...
            https://www.facebook.com/DavidLeesMPD
            https://www.facebook.com/Ripped2ShredsPhysiques

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SVT03DAL View Post
              Welcome back dude! Had not seen you on in a while...


              Appreciate that shit

              Lookin thick and lean as always

              Im still here I just post less frequent updates. Journal has been dead and training has become more adaptive and less about setting PRs. Now I am more in a size mode. I have still been training the same mostly, going back to a my usual ballistic wreckless style mainly, but again Im going to try to let shit heal up more and train with more of a focus on contractions and not weight

              KILL THAT SHIT
              Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
              Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

              Comment


              • Taken after some pump from my super light back training, to spare my shoulder for now


                New bodyweight of 232. Closing in on 240 and 250 possibly by sometime this year or next



                KILL
                THAT
                SHIT
                Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
                Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

                Comment


                • Keep up the good work, no pain no gain. I'll be hitting the gym today, train hardcore as usual, strictly bodybuilding style now

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sexybeast777 View Post
                    Keep up the good work, no pain no gain. I'll be hitting the gym today, train hardcore as usual, strictly bodybuilding style now

                    Nice. Yea now I dont give a fuck about how much weight I move. You know how it is. Once you reach a certain point the tendons become the weak link. Been trying to just fucking CONTRACT THAT SHIT make everything more difficult, pre exhaust, less rest between sets, dropsets, supersets, rest pause, etc. And eat like a mother fucker.

                    KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT!!
                    Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
                    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

                    Comment


                    • ^Same here bro, it's all about pre exhausting the muscle and shit, it's like Branch Warren says, he is strong enough to squat 600 lbs for reps, but what for? He pre exhausts his legs with so many other exercises, by the time he does squats with 315 he says it feels like 600 lbs, Jay Cutler does something similar too. I also believe in a combination of high volume and high intensity, training smart is where is at
                      We must avoid injury, while still stimulating hypertrophy

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Sexybeast777 View Post
                        ^Same here bro, it's all about pre exhausting the muscle and shit, it's like Branch Warren says, he is strong enough to squat 600 lbs for reps, but what for? He pre exhausts his legs with so many other exercises, by the time he does squats with 315 he says it feels like 600 lbs, Jay Cutler does something similar too. I also believe in a combination of high volume and high intensity, training smart is where is at
                        We must avoid injury, while still stimulating hypertrophy
                        Got to keep that shit rollin at all costs

                        KILLLLLLLLLLLLL!!
                        Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
                        Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

                        Comment


                        • Weight looks like it has come up nicely. Last time I checked you were fluctuating betwee 205 and 210. Not experiencing too many near black outs anymore?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by GermaniaK View Post
                            Weight looks like it has come up nicely. Last time I checked you were fluctuating betwee 205 and 210. Not experiencing too many near black outs anymore?

                            Appreciate that shit!!

                            The near black out sensations went on for months after the superdrol. Very strange sensation. Even when trying to sleep it felt like I was slipping into unconciousness, black out state. Got so bad that during training sessions I had to take very long breaks between sets til it settled down. Though I still finished my sessions. Each set felt like I would black out after finishing. Not sure what exactly caused that. Eventually it subsided.

                            Ive had some setbacks and small lay offs with many injuries and some internal damage. Have adapted to all the changes and finding a new path now. There will always be new obstacles to face.

                            I think now I should be able to blow up to 240 sometimes in the next 3 months and maybe 250 by this year or early next. Its unlikely Ill get leaner at this point unless I conciously try to do it. Metabolism very slow now, compared to the past.

                            Lookin thick yourself

                            KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT!!
                            Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
                            Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Walking Beast View Post
                              Appreciate that shit!!

                              The near black out sensations went on for months after the superdrol. Very strange sensation. Even when trying to sleep it felt like I was slipping into unconciousness, black out state. Got so bad that during training sessions I had to take very long breaks between sets til it settled down. Though I still finished my sessions. Each set felt like I would black out after finishing. Not sure what exactly caused that. Eventually it subsided.

                              Ive had some setbacks and small lay offs with many injuries and some internal damage. Have adapted to all the changes and finding a new path now. There will always be new obstacles to face.

                              I think now I should be able to blow up to 240 sometimes in the next 3 months and maybe 250 by this year or early next. Its unlikely Ill get leaner at this point unless I conciously try to do it. Metabolism very slow now, compared to the past.

                              Lookin thick yourself

                              KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT!!
                              lol thanks man. That pic was from 1.5 years ago. I've probably added 5 lbs or so since then. Definitely leaner at a heavier weight.

                              Good to hear you're getting better. Keep slaughtering those lambs.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Sexybeast777 View Post
                                Keep up the good work, no pain no gain. I'll be hitting the gym today, train hardcore as usual, strictly bodybuilding style now
                                I thought you were a PL'er?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X