Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Walking Beast's Journal

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ChromeHearts View Post
    Good point about not forcing through. Like you when I work out I am pretty intense. In fact, I've went to the gym every single day in a row for the past 6 months non-stop.

I've been sick/ill several times but the only time I've actually missed working out is when I cannot physically go (anywhere with no equipment).

Before though when I was lifting heavy I did the same thing and that's what eventually caused a lot of problems for me. I still weight train but now I do a lot of cardio however my metabolism is not as fast as yours.

If you are looking for a way to vent hard, you might want to try some brief but intense cardio. If you can run suicide exercises(it's where you spring back and forth in sessions), you can get a good endorphin rush and keep healthy.

After my back disc injury I quit lifting excessively heavy and pushing through bc eventually you get chronic injuries which become problems further down the line. I know where my quitting point was and it was after the injury. Now I'm smaller but more healthy and can continue to exercise now injury free. No more 'working around chronic injuries' anymore.

The whole powerlifting/bodybuilding is permanently done for me.

Ive always given myself atleast one day off a week for as long as I can remember. Usually it was two. And at my strongest periods I only trained 4 days a week usually. The training became more brutal and the recovery time became more crucial. Since it accumulates. My training now is 2-3 days a week just to maintain and recover. Mainly back,chest,legs for now.

I ruptured 2 disks in 2003 ignoring pain and deadlifting. That took me out for 2 years. For the first 10 years I was nonstop except for a week out due to not having gym access and getting very ill when travelling. 18 years later and Ive had some brief lay offs and shorter training weeks to recover. I ruptured two more discs during my return which I didnt notice. Numbness in hands and beat up wrists was the biggest recent issue I had muscle/tendon injury wise. A bigger issue now seems to be my throat and the acid issues. Its going to take some adaptation to figure that out but Im restructuring my entire diet and relearning shit.

My knees are pretty beat up but I could definately do swimming. Exhausts the hell out of me because I sink straight to the bottom. One pool length and Im breathing very heavy. I put all my power into each stroke when I do it. Though heavy lifting is the only thing that really satisfies that need in me. Its the ultimate rush for me. Cardio just bores the hell out of me. Right now im losing weight by the week, sometimes day. Due to the throat issues and just letting myself drop down for now. I wanted to lean out anyway, and though this is not the way to do it well, I dont really care at this point. Just want to figure out my diet and get rid of most of the excess fat.

Since I am all or nothing, training at a lower intensity or lighter, completely bores the hell out of me, and if its for health I wont even train. Health is very important its just not why I do this

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT!!
    Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

Comment

• Originally posted by Demorak View Post
      exact same shit I hade... try gurgling whiskey it helps for the moment too create some relief .. very strange though what is it? I still have it from time to time but not nearly as bad as it was two years ago. panic attacks dizzines, constant inner pressure on the throat.

Sounds exactly what I have. Glad to know it went away for you. Ive had it several months and its very disturbing. Im on tramadol 50mgs , 4 times a week. I noticed that it does relax my throat when Im on it, but I went off for 11 days and I had the same issues. I was on the tramadol for atleast 6 months or more and this throat issue is only a few months old. The tightness all day and waking up in middle of night. I am also very aware every time I swallow my saliva which is annoying as fuck. Like my throat crunches or clicks. The acid hasnt been as bad with the zantac and low cal diet. I do always feel like I could gag though too. Very fucking weird.

I think that I will find my way around all this shit as usual, but Im just fucking backing off a bit. More in my volume and frequency, eating, for now. Lately its my pattern to strike back and hit new all time highs once a year. So most likely by late next year I should peak again. Then will likely have to back off again, and repeat. It takes alot out of me these days to keep pushing the limits.

Was there anything that you think caused that shit for you? Any meds? Lifestyle changes? Ive heard that if you have anxiety it causes throat to tighten up. Globus hysterius or some shit. Its a throat tightness, lump in throat sensation. Ive had anxiety 24/7 my entire fucking life though, and this sensation is always.

Appreciate the feedback though because this is completely new to me

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT!!

Comment

• Another random post to give an idea where Im at

Very infrequent training now. Twice a week the last few weeks.:

Weight is down alot. Around 24-27 lbs. Down from 242 full stomach. Throat issues and leaning out in the meantime too. Cleaning off the excess fat. Im losing muscle too im sure but right now I dont care. I have to re learn my diet with these new issues and let some of my injuries recover. Mainly my wrists (left wrist). Right pec felt alot better today. Around navel I lost about 5 inches, and maybe 4 1/2 around waist line. Chest is still in the 51-52 range. Arms 18 3/4. Down from 19 1/2 and 53 1/4 chest at 242. Legs are down 2 1/4 inches. Theyve hardly been trained lately.

Hit some PRs regardless with the full range reps on hammer strength incline. Only because I
        havent done full range reps in a while, Im quite a bit weaker from the 27 lb weight loss , not
        leaning correctly, just stress and throat issues. So these numbers would have been much higher had I been doing full range repetitions at 242. I cut just short of lockout on most of the reps, some I lockout full but cut it a little short to keep constant tension and to spare elbows somewhat.:

(215 lbs on powerhouse scale after meal)

Smith Machine Incline presses: (constant tension style, down to about chin and back up to just

short of lockout. Decided to try these again this week and wasnt as tough on the left wrist but

didnt push it)

135x30
        225x46
        275x15
        315x13
        335x6

Hammer strength incline press (seat set to middle of 8 as usual lately. Constant tension style
        reps, not all the way down and not all the way up, then some full range rep sets at the end)

180x60
        270x34
        360x12
        410x8 (Full range reps from this point on. Ballistic. Has been a while since I did these,
        months. So Im not sure if this is PR for this rep range. Bouncing off bottom and dropping the
        negatives)
        450x4 1/2 (PR I believe)
        470x 2 1/2 (PR I believe, loaded 10's on)
        500x 1 1/2 (PR, got 25s on using rods through the plates and bandages)
        450x5 (PR)
        450x4 (Slower on these)

Despite going pretty heavy my wrists felt ok on the hammer strength machine. I find that grabbing the corners of the handles has helped alot. The bend in the handle alleviates my wrist strain for some reason.

So I may try to see what I can max by adding weights onto the machine and try to hit 6 plates soon. More for my own entertainment. Im not at my strongest but it would still be new since Ive never gone that heavy with that range of motion and that seat position.

KILL SHIT

Comment

• Attempted back.

Re sprained left hand/wrist again. Happens often cuz the shit needs time to heal which I am not willing to give it. Maybe a few months. :

(214 lbs after meal)

Lat pulldowns

No straps as usual

170x25 (reps held at bottom)
          220x10 (same)
          240x10 (same)
          260x12 (fast not held)
          260x11 (same)
          325x8 (Fast, but left hand sprained again mid set)

iso high row hammer strength

Right side only

holds

135x15
          180x8

KILL SHIT

Comment

• Which discs did you rupture since you started again ? Were they directly above or below the prior ones ? Did you CAT scan and find out they were ruptures ?

Comment

Which discs did you rupture since you started again ? Were they directly above or below the prior ones ? Did you CAT scan and find out they were ruptures ?

Apparently they are all small ruptures. T7 through T9 were the first two I found out about when I took my 2 year lay off in 2004. Right between the shouder blades so very difficult to get around until it subsided naturally.

Later in another MRI it was fouind that there was two other ruptures. One in lumbar and another in neck. Im not sure if they happened after the prior 2 as I didnt have that area scanned at the time, I dont believe. I got it checked after some new pains cropped up. They didnt seem to effect me and the numbness in my hands I believe is more related to carpal tunnel in my opinion

Comment

• Chest

Chest is about the only worthwhile sessions worth listing right now. Still hitting some PRs due to going back to full range. Even though Im weaker I havent done this range in a while.

I took last week off cuz of this sprained hand. Its still sprained just less. Ill try to hit some back and legs this week as well:

(211 lbs after meal. Weight is still on the decline. Eating very lean and low calorie for now. Will start adding lean muscle in a few months I think. Arms around 18 3/4 cold (down from 19 1/2) chest in the low 50's, waist down into the 37 range.)

Hammer Strength Incline Presses (Numbers are rubbed off on the adjustment area, seat set about 18 notches down)

(Constant tension style until otherwise noted. Not all the way down and not all the way up)

(New gym and new machine today. Machine seems a little harder)

180x72
                270x29
                360x13 (Full range from this point on. Ballistic unless otherwise noted. Most reps just short of lockout)
                410x8
                450x6 (PR for this range of motion)
                500x3 3/4 (PR for this range of motion. This machine allows 6 plates when bandaged on)
                540x3/4 (very close to locking it out)
                500x1
                450x6 1/2 (1/2 rep PR)
                450x5 1/2
                450x5 3/4
                450x3 (Slow with full negatives, not ballistic with dropped negatives like the previous)
                410x4 3/4 (Slow again with full negs)
                410x6 (Fast, ballistic)
                360x6 (Slow with full negs)

Took too many stimulants today. So was a little dizzy which had some effect.

KILL SHIT

Comment

• Back and delts

Just some low volume today. Posting this to give some ideas for those with fucked wrists or hands. Im working on training around that shit for now.

The hammer strength Lat pullover machine seems very good for hitting back without involving the wrists much.
                  Same with the side lateral padded machine. So I used those both to try and exclude the wrists and still hit back and
                  shoulders.

Trying to use wrist as little as possible so it can heal some before my next bulking period. And have to work on building my protein
                  back up around the 200 mark consistantly with these throat issues. When I eat too much feel like its coming up or that im
                  going to gag.:

(217 lbs after meal )

Hammerstrength Lat Pullover Machine: (Many reps held at the bottom for several seconds)

90x18
                  180x15
                  225x15+
                  295x4
                  270x9
                  270x8
                  270x11
                  270x9
                  270x8
                  225x10
                  225x12
                  225x12

Machine seems great for excluding wrists and hitting lats, however there is an extreme stretch from the starting position
                  that stretched my neck and shoulders excessively. So will have to see if that causes issues over time

Nautilus Lateral Machine

110x12
                  110x12

Machine is awkward, switched

Life Fitness Lateral Machine

60x45
                  90x35
                  130x25
                  150x20
                  170x10

Delt dont really need much direct work since I get that from the incline machine presses on chest day. Like to hit the sides though. Dumbbells put too much strain on left hand/wrist for now. Needs some time to heal. Chest day is the only day I need to really use my left hand for pressing. Ive been using the hammerstrength incline press and maxing out the machine, but by grabbing the handles at the corners it puts alot less stress on my hand/wrist. So ive been able to still hit chest. Smith machine incline will have to wait a while

Still have to decide if ill take a week or two off upper body and just let the wrist heal some before lean bulking

KILL SHIT

Comment

• I've been eating a lot of Morningstar soy burgers lately. They are pretty good and I usually add more spice to them.

Comment

I've been eating a lot of Morningstar soy burgers lately. They are pretty good and I usually add more spice to them.

Nice. Decent amount of protein in them? I drink alot of soymilk to fill in the gaps in my protein. To make up for what I cant eat.

KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!

Comment

• They have good flavor and I think 11-12g of protein. They are good to fill gaps in meals with food with little carb and actually tastes good.

There's only so many protein foods to eat. I like baked beans too.

Comment

They have good flavor and I think 11-12g of protein. They are good to fill gaps in meals with food with little carb and actually tastes good.

There's only so many protein foods to eat. I like baked beans too.
                          Baked beans are good too. Ill look for those next time. Theres not alot of variety in my diet right now

KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL THAT SHIT!!

Comment

• Chest

Was unsure today if i should lay off my left wrist this week, but at the moment i decided to train chest on the hammer strength inclines only, grabbing the corner of handles to take strain off the wrists. Ill try to continue that for now:

(214 lbs after previous nights meals\)

Hammer strength incline press (seat set about 18 indents down, numbers are worn off)

180x85 (Possible PR, constant tension style, rest pause)
                            270x45 (Possible PR.same)
                            360x19 (same)
                            410x15 (PR.Full range reps, ballistic, just short of lockout)
                            450x9 (PR.same)
                            500x3/4 (almost locked out, was fatigued early today)
                            410x4 (Slow full range reps)
                            360x6 (same)

Seated Cybex Machine Fly

90x10
                            90x8
                            90x8

Holds

Low volume, probably heavier then I should go as usual but wrist felt ok so far

KILL SHIT

Comment

• Do you still get pain when you press on the hammer strength using flat or decline press instead of incline ?

Back before I used to get wrist pain from time to time. Instead of actually not working out I just changed out the exercise. It almost sounds like you have arthritis in your wrist.

You def. are moving some serious weight. Do you still use the beastdrol and other otc products anymore or just natural ? Even back before I could only push 325lbs max.

Comment

Do you still get pain when you press on the hammer strength using flat or decline press instead of incline ?

Back before I used to get wrist pain from time to time. Instead of actually not working out I just changed out the exercise. It almost sounds like you have arthritis in your wrist.

You def. are moving some serious weight. Do you still use the beastdrol and other otc products anymore or just natural ? Even back before I could only push 325lbs max.

I havent tried decline or other hammer strength chest machines in a while, maybe I should. I stopped because it got so tight to squeeze in under the handles. Alot of pressure on my shoulder joints and wrists with the handles so close to my chest and delts, as I got thicker. Thats the reason I set the seat fairly low on the incline hammer. Otherwise it stretches my joints in a bad way. I can do the flat bench style hammer strength if I set some plates under it to raise the handles up a few inches.

I believe I definately have arthritis and some carpal tunnel. Ive had numbness in my hands for a few years straight now. One doc said it was mild carpal tunnel. The left hand/wrist has been sore for some weeks now. And seems to resprain whenever I use it. The degree of sprain varies. When it gets bad I try to back off somewhat. Its always there since I havent taken a full rest off of it yet.

You could say I am about 75 percent "natural" these days. Mainly I only use a pre workout stimulant and fiber drink. I havent touched beastdrol in several years. That shit was toxic as hell on my body. I say 75 percent because this year I did a 3 month cycle. That is when I got up to 242 a few months ago. 3 months tends to be my average of cycle time the last few years. Sometimes its more or less. After 9 years of training in 2003 (at 23) I had seemed to hit a wall at 185 lbs, coming up from like 105 lbs, in terms of size gains. This was a lean 185. My metabolism was lightning quick back then though too. Now its much much slower. Which makes muscle and fat gain much easier, however the trade off is that I have many strains and injuries at this point as well, and digestive issues. My throat , stomach, acid, etc. So progress without will be very slow or non existant for me at this point. I put the time in to build a strong base though. So its very hard for me to get under 200 lbs solid unless Im trying to lose muscle. I stay at 210-215 these days without really trying. If I ever went into heavy use Id be much larger and stronger (though my tendons have become a major limitation, since they are the weak link when it comes to lifting massive weight) , so Id focus mainly on size. I would rather do it slow and steady as I always have. I admit I have little restraint to train lighter or less intense, as id rather not train at all, but that is just the nature of the beast. I will completely destroy myself before I will back down. I have the tendancy to get wreckless and go into a violent automatic mode when training. Ive tried to cut the volume back to avoid too much self destruction.

I could have gone over 250 lbs but I was carrying alot of useless fat that will just cause more issues I dont need. I decided it would be better to get leaner and rebuild on high protein and low carbs. So Im restructuring my diet now. Mostly salmon and hardboiled eggs, soymilk.

I stopped maxing when I hit my strongest point. So I am not sure what my max was at my strongest on bench. My bests on flat were 225x52,275x30, 315x23, 340x12,365x8 then hit 405 after all those sets. These were done in the same session, plus maybe a set with 385, cant remember. This was on beastdrol when I made massive strength gains. My reps were ballistic 3/4 reps. Not strict form at all. Unfortunately I followed my strength increases rather then training more conservative. When I went off I felt the abuse, plus all the internal damage and illness staying on.

I wouldnt be able to bench right now with my wrist. Not without straining it bad. I built a good amount of mass from all the incline and flat benching of the past so now intense machine training seems to work for me.

I would like to get leaner first, which has been happening from the much lower cals, then bulk again soon. A lean bulk this time though. Next time I get close to 20 inch arms Id like to be leaner all around. Its not worth it for me to get too sloppy to chase 250+. Weight doesnt mean shit to me as ive been lighter and stronger in the past. Even lighter and larger muscle wise at different point. At 242 I believe I was carrying my most overall muscle but it was hidden under a layer of fat too. Next year I should hit some new size peaks. After a cycle I usually abuse myself badly and need some recooperation time. And this time I need to get my diet right. I am still having issues consuming enough food at this point to really grow. With these throat issues

KILL THAT SHIT!!

Comment

Working...
                                X