Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Walking Beast's Journal

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very difficult to get a good angle. If anyone has any suggestions on how to film smith inclines will definately take it into consideration. Chest is really about the only muscle group where I can hit records now, with all my other strains. Everything else is more for the muscle growth. Machine shoulder presses are a possibility too, now that started doing them again.

Next week for chest I may go for 450x20 on hammerstrength inclines, save my strength for the heavier sets, or do some more smith inclines prior to hammers. Depending how my right pec feels. Tend to strain it on smith inclines for some reason. Wrist feels alot better after the forced week off. Should be able to break some new records on either the hammer inclines or smith if things go half decent

KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

Comment

• Back

More FLU training

Not bad today. I should have given my wrist and shoulders more rest after hitting chest yesterday. I normally try not to do chest and back without a day or two inbetween. When Im sick though makes me want to train more frequently. Dont feel it when Im in the gym. The mucus coming up my throat is definately a nuissance and the light headedness, but managable.

Suprisingly the week off was very useful. My shoulders werent bothering me much with the heavier hammer strength rows tonight. My left wrist started to act up towards the end though. So I cut it short. :

(218 lbs after meal)

Iso High Row Hammer Strength (no straps as usual) (Fast style reps on this machine today, not held)

180x50

into

270x16 (very little rest, almost none)
      ---------

360x8
      410x6
      460x5
      460x5

Lat Pull Cybex (close grip , palms facing grip)

170x20 (holds, several seconds on each rep, warm up)
      250x10 (same)
      305x8 (same, stack)
      305x8 (same)
      305x15 (no holds, fast)
      305x20 (same)
      305x14 (same)

Left wrist starting to flare up some, so I cut it short.

KILL SHIT

Comment

• Chest

Some more records today. Last two weeks has been fucked up. Last week recovering from a bad sickness, hardly ate. Increased wrist strain and right pec strain. Wrist not too bad tonight, some pain but managable. Right pec wasnt bad on this machine. THe smith inclines usually fuck it up.

For the past two weeks have basically been unable to sleep for more then an hour at a time. Now its more like 30 minutes. So have been running on only a few hours daily sleep, split apart in 30 minutes to an hour intervals. A few times I was able to stay asleep for closer to 2 hours, though rare. Will need to find out what is going on. Tightness in throat and other issues. Massive anxiety.

KILLED SOME SHIT despite:

(218 lbs after meal )

Incline Hammer Strength Press

180x40 (warm up, constant tension style)
        270x20 (same)
        410x10 (Ballistic 3/4 reps, not to failure. Cut these short to save some strength for heavier sets this time)
        450x15 1/2 (Ballistic 3/4 reps, 1/2 rep PR)
        500x9 (same. PR)
        540x4 1/2 (same, PR)
        570x1 (fully locked, PR)
        500x6 (same)
        450x9 (same)
        450x5 (Very slow positive and negative contractions)

Incline Dumbbell Presses (super light, more to stretch my chest and get some blood in there. Keeping it light to preserve wrists)

50x60
        60x33
        85'sx23

Videos Below

KILL SHIT

Comment

• Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558

Comment

Comment

Comment

• I remember you from the Gold's Gym of Sunrise. You and your training partner used to do bench presses for hours in the middle of the night. I was 19 and just stared in awe. KILL THAT SHIT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rabbit_Racer View Post
                  I remember you from the Gold's Gym of Sunrise. You and your training partner used to do bench presses for hours in the middle of the night. I was 19 and just stared in awe. KILL THAT SHIT!!!

Appreciate the feedback brother

Feel free to post in here anytime. This journal could use some quality posts. I believe that was back in 2004, or around that time. Many 11pm-7am chest sessions back then. High volume to failure until SHIT was demolished. That was right before I ruptured 2 disks in my spine and had a 2 year lay off, and lost all my size. So it took about 5 years just to climb back to where I was and then some more time to exceed it.

I was zoned out when in the gym. Its good to see you are still training. That was before ephedrine was banned. I used to have 2 speedstacks followed by alot of coffee with sugar during. And end it with a massive weight gainer shake.

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT!!

Comment

• Thanks for the vids. Always good stuff! With your back and knees issues, do you feel that not giving legs more attention has held your size back? I notice that you can only do leg presses. By"more attention", I'm talking about squats and more variation with leg movements. Your pressing power is impressive. I'd bet you could do some heavy weighted dips.

Comment

• Originally posted by moreps View Post
                      Thanks for the vids. Always good stuff! With your back and knees issues, do you feel that not giving legs more attention has held your size back? I notice that you can only do leg presses. By"more attention", I'm talking about squats and more variation with leg movements. Your pressing power is impressive. I'd bet you could do some heavy weighted dips.

Appreciate the feedback brother

I will try to keep the vids coming whenever there is anything significant, or if anyone has any requests based on whats in my routine now.

There was a leg session and arms session last week, I just didnt post. Thats why sometimes you see only chest posted here. They were relatively light compared to what I normally did. Im training atleast 4 days a week now. Sometimes 5.

Im limited right now to leg curls, leg presses and leg extentions. When I hit those intense I get good leg growth, but it really depends on the level of pain in my knees. It varies from week to week. Squats have never felt right on my structure. With the four ruptured disks I have now they arent even an option. My legs now are down two inches from not being able to hit them like before, and from the recent weight loss from 242 down to 210, from my throat issues.

Legs I always hit very hard to failure, when I was able. I think the main issue that has held my size back is digestive issues (unable to process enough food) and the fact that I train primarily to vent my demons over the results. It means more injuries and most likely less overall growth due to the setbacks. I started at around 105 lbs with extremely slow progress, so I always had it in my mind that I had to KILL THE SHIT out of my training and leave no doubt that I was demolished. Now my training is lower volume and more abbreviated but ultimately that need to vent is the primary focus. I am never able to stick with light training to work around injuries, not for long. It bores the fuck out of me. Ive learned to adapt but usually by switching up exercises or even training one side of the body.

My shoulders, wrists and elbows are pretty beat up. I used to do alot weighted dips. Now they hit me in a bad way.

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT!!

Comment

• Well I don't think 242 is small, LOL. I have the same issues with squats. Severe sciatica prevent me from doing them. But, to be honest, leg presses are what puts the most size on my legs and helps keep my metabolism burning. With your strength, you need to find a leg press machine that makes you fail around 20 reps. Probably like the one Ron Coleman has that allows him to load up 2500 lbs. 5 sets of 20 @ 2500 lbs.

Comment

Well I don't think 242 is small, LOL. I have the same issues with squats. Severe sciatica prevent me from doing them. But, to be honest, leg presses are what puts the most size on my legs and helps keep my metabolism burning. With your strength, you need to find a leg press machine that makes you fail around 20 reps. Probably like the one Ron Coleman has that allows him to load up 2500 lbs. 5 sets of 20 @ 2500 lbs.

Yea its really just relative to how you view yourself. Ive always had a warped self image. It got worse as I gradually grew over time. The bigger I got the smaller I always felt overall, and the more my end goals grew. I never liked the idea of getting to a point where I would become complacent. Even though i dont train primarily for the result, I hate to stop progressing. Im always obsessed with breaking records on my chest days. Not so much every session as before. To break records in my back training might mean breaking my connecting tendons at this point, so more growth focus for back and legs now. On chest days I always plan to break records. I will switch the order of exercises, range of motion, cut down reps on various prior sets, etc to hit new records. I know how to manipulate my routines to keep records coming. I may switch to constant tension style reps (not all the way down and not all the way up), switch to 1/2 reps, 3/4 reps, Slow style reps. I can hit PRs in any one of these styles, then switch back to the others and hit more records. I like to break records weekly when possible, since it feeds the fire. Although now there is mainly only one chest exercise due to this wrist. Hammer strength inclines. That will change as it heals up. I just havent given it time to heal. It does seem to slowly heal if I stick to the hammer inclines and dont get too greedy. It will likely be an issue for a while though. It constantly sprains on a weekly basis, which has been going on for months now.

The base of my spine is also somewhat crooked, aside from the discs. I have no problem building alot of meat onto my upper legs. Above the knee cap is always very minimal and calves are non existant. Ive trained them to the point of having ankle issues, achiilles tendon, etc. It hasnt proven worthwhile. Though I am not into it for the aesthetics so for me it doesnt really matter.

Leg presses are very effective when done with high intensity. You can push them harder then squats because you dont have to worry about collapsing. I find with training its not about your limitations and what exercises you are limited to, but your mental intensity to force shit to work. Most cant generate that, but its there for those that can endure it and push themselves past the limits. It means being able to ignore burning and pain and keep blasting shit. And being able to tell the difference between muscle pain and joint pain. Even leg extentions can be very intense. I would start from the top of the stack , rep each plate to failure without rest (just brief rest pauses). I would even use rest pauses to hit more reps with a weight before dropping down to the next plate. The only thing preventing someone from doing something like that is the mind in most cases. Its better not to think about it and just do the shit.

The problem I have with all the presses Ive used (would most likely not change) is that the muscle is too strong, but the joints and tendons cant keep up with the weight needed to get into a low rep range. Ive had this problem with many bodyparts now, including back. So thats why Ive had to get creative with less rest between sets, dropsets, pre exhaustion, slower reps, holding contractions, etc to avoid maxing out strength wise.

Ive gone up to 1400 lbs, but anytime I went over 1100 I would feel alot of strain on my shins, lower knees. It is more of a structural limitation in my case, and not so much the muscle.

KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!

Comment

• Beast.... your strength, dedication, and, consistency is amazing. How anyone can continue with this sort of intensity and progression is unbelievable. As you well know, there are many here on these journals who have quit, or simply been destroyed in mind and body. These same people have called you out, yet you remained polite and supportive. What do you plan for your future? Like, let's say late 2013?

Comment

Beast.... your strength, dedication, and, consistency is amazing. How anyone can continue with this sort of intensity and progression is unbelievable. As you well know, there are many here on these journals who have quit, or simply been destroyed in mind and body. These same people have called you out, yet you remained polite and supportive. What do you plan for your future? Like, let's say late 2013?

Appreciate that shit

There has been a few shitbags who would come to my journal, just to talk shit or call bullshit on my lifts. I never posted video to prove anyone wrong because I never gave a fuck what anyone thinks. I post videos now because the tech became available to me, on my phone, and for the few quality posters and lurkers who derive something positive from the intensity. Thats the only reason I post a copy here, on this site that brings mostly shit quality people. Its just a copy and paste from my personal journal mostly.

I had good experiences on irontrybe, elitefitness, need2buildmuscle and trainordie foums as a moderator in the past on multiple lifting sites. There was a good vibe and intensity. Feeding the fire from other dedicated lifters who would die for a record in the gym. This was back in 2004 mostly. Then I was out for 2 years due to rupturing some disks , ignoring pain. Lost all my size. I came back to the forums in around 2008 as I was getting back. Elitefitness had become a mostly pay site and the other boards were dead or gone.

I had some good feedback in this journal, on this site, but it was always on and off and for short periods. Then some shit posters came in here. Alot of people found my lifts unbelievable and credibility was lost. They were in denial because it made them uncomfortable. I understand that the internet is filled with bullshit claims, but I was not going to go out of my way to dispel the myths about my training. Only now that I have the tech available. I have wanted to make video for my own records for years now. I missed the best opportunities, nearly 2 decades later, and Im pretty torn up. Certain exercises like deadlifts will never return.

Its been a slow as hell painful struggle to climb and progress. The only people I usually come down on are those that make excuses and those that talk shit for no good reason. When I hear that hardgainer bullshit excuse for example. At 105 lbs when I started, at the same height, and with painfully slow gains which were forced after many consistant years of brutal training, force feeding disgusting amounts of food relentlessly, things start to take effect. It has to be forced more for some then others but there is no excuse. The mind is where all the strength and ability to take action lies. Its not about where you are at now. I always looked to the future of what I saw myself becoming, and blocked out the present of feeling frail and weak.

The fire was always very intense and strong due to the way I am wired and fucked up past experiences. It became normal for me to trigger that adrenaline super human strength for every set at a high volume. In my mind I was like a cornered animal and even when I was small my mindset was ultra violent. At 140 lbs I was already racking all the pin loaded machines for many reps. Not because my joints or bone structure was good for strength. I couldnt bench the 45 lb bar when I started without assistance. Shit can always be much much worse. Excuses are for the weak. I have always had an extreme intensity in my mindset thats difficult to explain. Its an extreme anxiety thats nonstop and doesnt turn off. Obsession and restless mind. It has the potential to fucking break me if I didnt train and vent some of those demons. Thats the main reason I train the way I do. There is no fucking peace or silence. When I was young I had these intense thoughts of spears piercing into my sternum,cutting into my eyes and for hours I would cringe. The understanding of that pain was so real and intense. That is the type of intense mindset that cant be explained. For me it was always normal, later I learned it wasnt. That mindset permeates everything in my life. Its not something that can be taught. Im thankful for the opportunity to KILL THAT SHIT though. Many times I thought I was at the end. No matter what I am always plotting a return to overcome new obstacles constantly.

Its good to get some good feedback in this journal, so I appreciate that shit. It would be better if it became more like it was in the past. Before the bullshit. Now the videos shed some light on my training and there is really no reason for anything to be misunderstood. It doesnt effect me either way.

I take everything by the day. In my mind I am always at the fucking end. So thats how I live. I will continue to push my limits until the self destruction is complete. I know its just a matter of time. I cant stop the destruction at this point, but its always a nice rush.

My training goals are always to become a massive mutant and freak. I feed off of fear. The vent is the ultimate rush for me. My goals are more size related now but I never set limits. Just short term goals. Despite being limited to some machines, I have strength goals as well. Maybe 7 plates a side on the incline hammers and constantly progressing in various reps. No matter what exercise I am limited to I will always push it to the limit until I lose the ability to do it. Then I will find something else to abuse. I can never train light and just feel the muscle. Its all or nothing for me.

My drug use has been very moderate and it came after nearly 10 years of straight training. Having hit limits on food alone and having accumulated many injuries. That and diet is the only thing that holds back my size gains at this point. Thats all thats left to tweak. Trianing intensity was never an issue. I love brutal and heavy training but hate everything else about what I do. Despise eating because of my nerves and digestive issues. I do it for the result only. I am not looking to use high amounts of anabolics. The effects are very temporary and I will always have a solid foundation because of the time spent doing shit the hard way without shortcuts.

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT!!
                              Last edited by Walking Beast; December 11, 2012, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• How old are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X