Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Walking Beast's Journal

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4A4lWT65ng

Comment

• Chest and delts (session 2)

Time constraints. Under one hour and 15 mins to train.

Lots of lethargy lately. Cutting into my meals. Difficult to stay awake. Sluggish.

Good thing with training 6 days a week lately and in a more bodybuilding style, is that the training is less bound by certain rules. Such as hitting PRs on every exercise possible, on each session.

Just get in tear the muscle up, focus on the contractions. Sometimes throwing in heavier shit. Depending how the joints feel. Much more focus on size lately. :

(221 lbs after meal)

Incline Dumbbell Presses (Fucks with shoulders. little rest between sets)

50x70
      80x25
      100x18

DB Laterals

45x35

dropset (no rest til line)

60x25
      55x10
      45x10
      --------

Same (no rest til line)

65x15
      55x10
      45x10
      --------

Seated Machine Flies (Bars held together for several seconds on each rep, time varies)

190x25 (warm)
      295x20 (Possible PR for held reps. Stack)

Restless set (no rest til line)

295x20
      235x10
      205x10
      175x5

into

45x20 db laterals
      ---------

Seated machine flies (reps held still)

295x20

DB laterals

55x30
      45x25

Ran out of time. Lately joint/tendon failure has been the reason for less reps or weight used on exercises, and not muscle failure. So its a different situation then in the past. I try to back off as the pain gets more intense to preserve the joints.

After several months of changing it up, or weeks sometimes, I can get in some heavy work. It varies from session to session. Once everything heals enough I will go through a very heavy training phase on certain bodyparts, hit PRs , etc, but it cant be all the time now.

KILLLLL THAT SHIT
      Journal: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=50558

Comment

• Arms (Session 2)

Crazy pump today. Very fast moving. Only had maybe an hour and 20 mins to train.

Strength is definately increasing rapidly in the last 10 days or so. Strength and muscle endurance. Most noticably on the lat pulldowns recently, tricep pressdowns, curling, and recent heavy pressing session. Though the main focus is still size right now.

This was session 2. Ive been training arms more frequent along with chest and delts (twice weekly) and sometimes legs, to maybe bring them up more, and make up for training lighter.

Tendons have been fine with all the volume. Must have adapted.

I feel that I can definately hit some new size records within the next 5 weeks or so, it will just come down to forcing that food down. :

(224 lbs after meal, bodyweight coming up, finally started eating 200 plus protein a day or two ago. Wasnt eating enough lately)

Curved bar pressdowns

(All tricep pressdowns are listed in KILOGRAMS)

35x90 warm
        65x30 warm
        95x10 warm

into

40x20 alt db curls
        -------

95x25-35
        72x10
        65x10
        57x10

into

60x8 alt db curl
        45x5 alt db curl
        -----------

95 kilos + 45 lbs x18 (curved bar pressdowns, around 245 lbs)

into

alt db curls

70x5
        60x4
        45x5

into

80x6 cambered bar standing curl
        ------

MAY HAVE MISSED A RESTLESS SET (FORGOT TO LIST AT ONE POINT)

95 kilos + 45 lbs x15 (curved bar pressdowns)

alt db curl

75x3
        45x5
        -----

Curved bar pressdowns

95 kilos + 45 lbs x20
        95x15
        80 kilos x8-10
        72x8
        65x8
        50x8-10

into

alt db curls

65x4
        45x7
        35x5-10 (so many sets straight I cant remember exactly this one)
        40x5
        --------

55x6 alt db curl

into

55x6 hammer curl
        -------

40x10 alt db curl

40x3 hammer curl
        ------
        Incline DB Curl

40x11 (full stretch at bottom, not to failure fucks with shoulders)

V bar pressdown

Pressdowns listed in KILOGRAMS

65x25
        95x10

into

60x5 alt db curl
        45x5 alt db curl
        --

v bar pressdown

95x10
        72x10
        65x10
        50x10

into

55x5 alt db curl
        45x5 alt db curl
        --------

alt db curl

35x8 (Out of time)

Under 1 hour and 20 mins. As you can see, one restless set was 10 sets straight. This is why I wanted to free myself up by not listing arm routines. However for now I will continue to list them. Though with the super fast pace, and if shit gets more wild it will be much more hassle to remember it all.

As mentioned one restless set may have not been listed. At one point i forgot to write it down. So am unsure.

KILL THAT SHIT

Comment

• hey I'm going to the gym today and this thread gave me inspiration to train hard

Comment

• Originally posted by Sexybeast777 View Post
            hey I'm going to the gym today and this thread gave me inspiration to train hard
            FUCKIN KILL IT!!

Comment

• Chest and delts, 10 mins cardio

Crazy all around pump today. Thats been the goal with this new BB style training for size. In my mind, the largest ive looked. Chest and delts, traps feeling super full during this session. Feels like every fiber is being torn up and filled with blood.

Been focusing on super intense, cramping contractions in the chest, maximising pain in the muscle, then FUCKING UP that pain barrier for aslong as possible and staying in that maximum pain zone for aslong as possible. That has basically been my goal lately. Without fucking up tendons and joints too much.

I dismissed this BB style of training for years. It was something my uncle did when he was at his most massive, but with many injuries. Im learning now that to add muscle its not all about heavy weight. I still believe that heavy weight builds the best foundation. Im finding that at a certain stage, for me atleast, all I need to do is focus on painful contractions and tearing the shit out of the muscle, not letting it rest, then tearing the fuck out of it some more. Just keep that shit rollin.

Has been working very well for me at this stage. So I feel that I will start adding new size with this style.

My joints were very painful in shoulders today. I tried smith machine incline presses with 135 lb warm up. Painful to even bring bar down to my chest. Like super stiff, rigid, like there is something cramping in my chest. Maybe flexibility issue, shoulders, etc.

I was able to use 470 for very slow reps, constant tension style on the hammer strength inclines though. So instead of trying to hit 580 or some shit again, I stayed with that weight, super slow reps, then supersetted with some other shit. :

(226 lbs after previous nights meals)

Smith Machine Incline Press

135x30 (warm, fucks with shoulders and chest)

Hammer Strength Incline Press (Constant tension style. Not all the way down and just short of lockout)

180x70 (warm up. straight reps, no rest pause today, joints too fucked )
              270x32 (warm, same)
              360x18 (same)

DB Laterals

45x40

HS INCLINE

410x8

into

45x30 db lateral
              -------

Same (no rest til line)

HS INCLINE

450x5

into

45x30 db lateral
              -------

Same (no rest til line)

HS INCLINE

470x4

into

55x30 db lateral
              -------

410 AND ABOVE WERE DONE SUPER SLOW DESCENT AND ASCENT TO REALLY FUCK UP THOSE FIBERS (difficult to restrain but changing my focus on tearing the shit out of the muscle without rest over using heavy weights for fun)

Seated Fly Machine (Long holds. Holding bars together for several seconds on each rep for all sets, slow as well)

295x17 (stack)

295x9 (flies)

into

65x15 db laterals
              -------

HS INCLINES

360x9
              270x9

into

45x25 db laterals
              ---------

HS INCLINES

270x15 (one arm at a time, alternating arms, just trying something different)

DB Laterals

35x30

Restless Set (no rest til line)

Seated Machine Flies again (still with holds)

295x15
              250x10
              225x5
              205x5
              175x5
              165x5
              145x15 (fast without holds on this set, and with some holds at the end, getting into that pain zone and just trying to max out the burning sensation)

into

65x20 db lateral
              -------

10 mins cardio

Seated Machine Fly

295x12 (holds still)
              295x10 (same)
              295x10 (same)

Joints starting to fuck with me. Will train chest again later this week anyway with delts most likely

KILLLLLLL SHIT

Comment

• Originally posted by Walking Beast View Post
                FUCKIN KILL IT!!
                I killed it, and now my delts and triceps are sore. I've been taking it easy and skipping back and leg training for a while because of low back pain (muscular) once my lower back is 100% it's full throttle again, 5 times a week

Comment

I killed it, and now my delts and triceps are sore. I've been taking it easy and skipping back and leg training for a while because of low back pain (muscular) once my lower back is 100% it's full throttle again, 5 times a week
                  Sometimes its best to take a break from training certain areas. Ive taken time off legs, back, shoulders, chest, etc. First Ill usually switch exercises or the training style, weight, pacing , etc. If that doesnt work then Ill take a break from that area. I try to avoid that shit but sometimes its neccesary.

Lately my training has been 6 days a week. More frequency and bodybuilding style. Legs twice weekly (some weeks), chest and delts twice weekly, arms twice weekly. Id like to hit back twice weekly as well but it takes too much of a toll on my shoulders and joints.

Some weeks it may only be 5 days, depending on my tendons.

KILLLLLLL THAT SHIT

Comment

• ^that's awesome dude, yeah I agree, I'm currently doing max OT training and I love it, but it's very demanding and shit, my lower back's been sore for like a month already lol, but yeah sometimes the hardest thing is to take a day off

Comment

^that's awesome dude, yeah I agree, I'm currently doing max OT training and I love it, but it's very demanding and shit, my lower back's been sore for like a month already lol, but yeah sometimes the hardest thing is to take a day off

Nice. Ive heard of Max OT but not familiar with how it works. Do you still max out on the benches? Shit was alot of fun back then. I havent done freeweight benches in a while now. At this point I dont need it for size. It was great for building a strong foundation though. When shit feels right again I will definately try to get back to that.

Fucks with my mind to take too much time off. Im ok for a few days at most. Once I get to the fourth day Im usually fiending like a mother fucker to KILL THAT SHIT.

Lately been fiending to KILL THAT SHIT almost daily, for some reason my joints have held up, so far.

KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Comment

• ^Max OT is mostly 4-6 reps only, so it's pretty intense, yeah I still do benches and such, I know you are pretty damn strong, if an exercise is not good for you it's best to ditch it. I tell you what, I ain't doing deadlifts or stiff leg deadlifts for a while. Is Max OT effective? absolutely. Is it a little to rough on ligaments and tendons and nervous system, yes it causes a lot of fatigue. Yeah the old days were fun, being all out crazy with the weights in our twenties, now i care more about muscle growth than strength and i stay the fuck away from ephedrine lol, that would mess up with my nerves, and heart these days lol
                        p.s. nah i never max out anymore, and I'm done with powerlfiting for good, that shit is crazy, guaranteed to cause injuries sooner or later. Bodybuilding is the way to go, even if it means growing slowly by surely, IMO

Comment

^Max OT is mostly 4-6 reps only, so it's pretty intense, yeah I still do benches and such, I know you are pretty damn strong, if an exercise is not good for you it's best to ditch it. I tell you what, I ain't doing deadlifts or stiff leg deadlifts for a while. Is Max OT effective? absolutely. Is it a little to rough on ligaments and tendons and nervous system, yes it causes a lot of fatigue. Yeah the old days were fun, being all out crazy with the weights in our twenties, now i care more about muscle growth than strength and i stay the fuck away from ephedrine lol, that would mess up with my nerves, and heart these days lol
                          p.s. nah i never max out anymore, and I'm done with powerlfiting for good, that shit is crazy, guaranteed to cause injuries sooner or later. Bodybuilding is the way to go, even if it means growing slowly by surely, IMO

I still hit some low rep sets, usually after alot of pre exhaustion, or during supersets. If I try to get into the low rep range with anything, the weight is very heavy and fucks with tendons and joints more. So for now Ive been just tearing the shit out of the muscle more BB style for growth.

Maxing bench every week was alot of fun back in the days. Those 7 hour routines on six cups of coffee plus a speedstack , back before ephedrine was banned. Finished off with 4 scoops of "The beast 1200" weight gainer mixed with all the shit they had behind the counter. Back then we maxed out every chest session. Pyramiding up through all the rep ranges to failure, then back down.

These days its not needed for growth, now that the foundation is in place. Deadlifts were alot of fun. I only lasted a year and a half deadlfting before I took myself out of training for 2 years. That combined with all the other brutal shit fucked me up for a while. Rupturing disks. With behind the back variations of deadlifts, on the rack, floor, etc.

Caffiene doesnt work for me anymore really. If I take too much I just get dizzy, but not the agression and energy I once got from it. Ephedrine might not work anymore either. These days its mostly mental.

KILLLLLLL THAT SHIT

Comment

• ^damn, these memories will live on forever, some things I regret, some I don't, but the memories live on and it makes me wonder about life in general, the whole concept of life fucks with my head, we can talk about deep things of life for hours lol

Comment

^damn, these memories will live on forever, some things I regret, some I don't, but the memories live on and it makes me wonder about life in general, the whole concept of life fucks with my head, we can talk about deep things of life for hours lol

Dont worry. It will all be over soon enough =)

Comment

• ^wtf?

Comment

Working...
                                X